good cd shops bangkok

yogavnture

does anybody know of any good cd shops in Bangkok. their used to be good shop at the weekend market.. run by a guy of the name toppy.. his relative was the actual person selling at the weekend market. had hard liquor in his hand most of the day but was friendly. they had lots of good cds that actually played. but then they dissappered. I think toppy had a shop at lumpini market as well before it was torn down. im looking for cds that actually play from start to finish. and are progressive in nature..

Spotify

I don't think that's a shop and it's not in Bangkok is it.

Purchasing music on optical discs is obsolete. There are a least a dozen music streaming services with every song ever published, some services of which are free and many which work in Thailand easily. From Chopin to Zz top to Carrie Underwood.

Toppy is out of business because most people don't need his product anymore...and don't tell me you're old, even my friend in his 60's streams music.

Edited by BudRight

Spotify

I don't think that's a shop and it's not in Bangkok is it.

Purchasing music on optical discs is obsolete. There are a least a dozen music streaming services with every song ever published, some services of which are free and many which work in Thailand easily. From Chopin to Zz top to Carrie Underwood.

Toppy is out of business because most people don't need his product anymore.

But the opening poster didn't ask about Internet streaming services did they.

Some people may still prefer to buy CDs I myself still buy Vinyl what do you think about that.

If there wasn't a demand they wouldn't still make these things would they.

• 2 weeks later...

Original question unanswered.

I enjoy CDs of '60s to '80s.

MP3s - no thank you.

In Thailand, it ain't easy.

Is there a word for people that are obsessed with possessing heaps of obsolete storage media that they then covetously store in cabinets?

If you don't like mp3's then fiiiiiiine. Download your music in FLAC or get a Tidal subscription. Note that this need not require that you listen to your music on your laptop. Even the crappiest Android or iPhone will run such an app and pair to speakers or a car with Bluetooth.

If you reject such technology that doesn't really make you nostalgic, basically just retarded.

MP3s - no thank you.

Is there a word for people that are obsessed with possessing heaps of obsolete storage media that they then covetously store in cabinets?

If you don't like mp3's then fiiiiiiine. Download your music in FLAC or get a Tidal subscription. Note that this need not require that you listen to your music on your laptop. Even the crappiest Android or iPhone will run such an app and pair to speakers or a car with Bluetooth.

If you reject such technology that doesn't really make you nostalgic, basically just retarded.

That said sales of vinyl have been increasing the past few years, it's back to selling in the millions, twenty year high etc etc, new plants being opened. Some people just like the physical part of physical media. I'm the same with books. I've got Kindles loaded up to high heaven, but there's something about the tactile experience of a book that elevates the experience.

Luckily not everyone in the world feels the need to be the same, but I'm sure you'll convince people to switch to new media by calling them retarded. It's a compelling argument.

Original poster- check out 8 Music at Thonglor, Suk Soi 55. Good range of CDs and vinyl.

layer_1_13.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/8-Musique-311579032282608/timeline/

MP3s - no thank you.

That said sales of vinyl have been increasing the past few years, it's back to selling in the millions, twenty year high etc etc, new plants being opened. Some people just like the physical part of physical media. I'm the same with books. I've got Kindles loaded up to high heaven, but there's something about the tactile experience of a book that elevates the experience.

Luckily not everyone in the world feels the need to be the same, but I'm sure you'll convince people to switch to new media by calling them retarded. It's a compelling argument.

Original poster- check out 8 Music at Thonglor, Suk Soi 55. Good range of CDs and vinyl.

layer_1_13.jpg

The experience with streaming or digital is the same as with CDs - except that you can just tell (yes with words that you speak) your device to play whatever, including whole albums between songs instead of ejecting it with your finger and rummaging through a cabinet. The experience with a pad is different from a book in that it looks different when you are doing it. The same cannot be said with digital music.

I'm not suggesting that everyone "be the same," I'm saying they're retarded because I'm pretty sure none of you have even tried it, and yet still write that you prefer CDs. If you tried it I have no doubt you would never listen to a CD again. The unwillingness to try it is retarded.

Maybe when you're finally wheelchair bound, your hands shake from arthritis and can't see well enough to albums from each other you'll appreciate being able just tell your device what music to play.

MP3s - no thank you.

layer_1_13.jpg

The experience with streaming or digital is the same as with CDs - except that you can just tell (yes with words that you speak) your device to play whatever, including whole albums between songs instead of ejecting it with your finger and rummaging through a cabinet. The experience with a pad is different from a book in that it looks different when you are doing it. The same cannot be said with digital music.

I'm not suggesting that everyone "be the same," I'm saying they're retarded because I'm pretty sure none of you have even tried it, and yet still write that you prefer CDs. If you tried it I have no doubt you would never listen to a CD again. The unwillingness to try it is retarded.

Maybe when you're finally wheelchair bound, your hands shake from arthritis and can't see well enough to albums from each other you'll appreciate being able just tell your device what music to play.

Of course I use digital music. That's not the point. The point is that someone asked where to buy CDs and you come in and start throwing the word retarded about because they don't use the medium you want them to. Everybody knows what digital music is and does- you've totally missed the point of the thread. Do something useful and point the original poster in the direction of something he actually wants, rather than something you've patronisingly assumed that he needs.

And yeah, some people like rummaging. You're not one of them. That's great, but I'm glad everybody in the world isn't as bland and conformist as you.

So. Know any good CD shops in Bangkok or not?

{...}

Of course I use digital music. That's not the point. The point is that someone asked where to buy CDs and you come in and start throwing the word retarded about because they don't use the medium you want them to. Everybody knows what digital music is and does- you've totally missed the point of the thread. Do something useful and point the original poster in the direction of something he actually wants, rather than something you've patronisingly assumed that he needs.

And yeah, some people like rummaging. You're not one of them. That's great, but I'm glad everybody in the world isn't as bland and conformist as you.

I logged in just to give you a +1 !

Watching this thread with eagerness as my retarded ears also love the warm sounds of vinyl (I find CD's to be hollow/tinny).

{...}

I logged in just to give you a +1 !

Watching this thread with eagerness as my retarded ears also love the warm sounds of vinyl (I find CD's to be hollow/tinny).

Buy a better amp then ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

hello retarded one here........no one ever answered my question. I know their are cd shops on ko sarn still. so they are retarded too. problem is that toppy had all the good music sorted out for you and his cds actually played all the way thru. ps. I'm buying a recordable cd player so I can put all my old cassette tapes on to cds......now who is the retarded one. the one who embraces all new tech like a droid. or the turtle who slowly moves forward......quote from bill gates.......tech is dangerous.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

thier is a cd shop on ko sarn road. not sure if the cds play all the way thru though. looks like they have decent selection

I just came across this post and I sympathise. I am a big cd collector and I also stream on Tidal HI FI. There are many great albums that are not available on streaming services and I do enjoy playing music in both ways. I will be in Bangkok next Wed and I have a good range of great condition cds from my private collection that I'm willing to sell at reasonable prices. Sample below; I am willing to bring the ones you like down.

Carly Simon - Anthology 2-disc digipak
LA Philharmonic Orchestra - Holst The Planets
Narciso Yepes - Rodrigo Concierto de Aranjuez
Sheryl Crow - Tuesday Night Music Club
Chicago - The Very Best Of Only the Beginning - 2 discs
NBA at 50 - A Musical Celebration
England Dan & John Ford Coley - The Very Best of
Jamiroquai - Synkronized
Will Smith - Big Willie Style
Harry Belafonte - Very Best of
The Human League - The Very Best of - 2 discs
Glen Campbell - All the Best