Best Quiet Place to Stay for 2 month

suetyyp

Hey!

I am thinking of going to Thailand for about 2-3 months from next Jan on. I want to finish my phd thesis, so I need a place where I can rent a comfortable (serviced) small apartment for aprox. 12.000 BHT with good wifi.

I have been to Thailand 4 times and liked Chiang Mai. Chiang Rai is a bit too small for me though.

It doesnt need to be right at the beach. However, if there are diving options not more than half a day trip away, that's a plus. A small expat cummunity close by would also be nice. Also maybe a god yoga or meditation center.

So do you guys have any ecommendations for a specific place?

Many thanks!!!wai.gif

2nd Prachuap Khiri Khan area. Your travel dates unfortunately coincide with the height of high season so availability of rooms and their prices can be an issue. The resort areas of Hua Hin will be very busy but you can find quiet in Prachuap.

There is a fishing village 30 minutes south of Pattaya that is quiet and quite lovely..Bang Saray. Though it is getting more developed, it is still pretty peaceful but has a lot of decent restaurants.

I can suggest a guesthouse run by a friend that rents very nice rooms long term in a building with nice facilities: very quiet and comfortable.

PM me if you are interested.

Thank you everybody for advice!!

I will check the places out...

If I had 3 months in Thailand, I would split it among Chiang Mai, Kanchanaburi and Prachuap or Koh Chang. All are lovely, can be quiet and relaxed and are very different. You said that you like Chiang Mai, but as noted it is very far from the beach. But getting from Chiang Mai to the beach is quick and easy, and you can easily make a detour through Kanchanaburi on the way. I prefer Krabi to the other beach spots, but it is farther and more expensive and not especially "quiet". I would spend 1 month+ in Chiang Mai, 2 weeks+ in Kanchanaburi, and 1 month- in Prechuap, Koh Chang or Krabi. Khao Yai and Pak Chong are also really great (perhaps too quiet), but not IMHO as good as Kan, and probably no reason to do both. Choke dee, krap.

Looking at your dates, there might be the issue of poor air quality in Chiangmai during the burning season, which I believe starts in early March?

I like Khao Lak, but it might be a bit too small for you.

Edited by Plotholes

Prachuap won,t be quiet for much longer. Just keep mentioning it and all the crap from Hua Hin , Pattaya, Phuket will be heading in that direction. KEEP YOUR BIG MOUTH SHUT!

2nd Prachuap Khiri Khan area. Your travel dates unfortunately coincide with the height of high season so availability of rooms and their prices can be an issue. The resort areas of Hua Hin will be very busy but you can find quiet in Prachuap.

There is a fishing village 30 minutes south of Pattaya that is quiet and quite lovely..Bang Saray. Though it is getting more developed, it is still pretty peaceful but has a lot of decent restaurants.

I can suggest a guesthouse run by a friend that rents very nice rooms long term in a building with nice facilities: very quiet and comfortable.

PM me if you are interested.