Which are the better performing laundry products?

Ahnsahn

Wifey swears by Breeze (that's the "usa" stuff) along with Comfort fabric conditioner.

Make sure you get the right one for your machine, top or front loader (picture on the pack).

Yep mine to the gold bag is for front loaders,powder that is.

Comfort is available in various watery states ranging from 13 baht for the refills to over 100 baht for the nice smelly stuff.

I always use Vanish for the school whites etc,not cheap 300 odd baht a tub but very good.

Edited by stoneyboy

I think you meen Breeze detergent, not usa.

Wifey swears by Breeze (that's the "usa" stuff) along with Comfort fabric conditioner.

Make sure you get the right one for your machine, top or front loader (picture on the pack).

Yep mine to the gold bag is for front loaders,powder that is.

Comfort is available in various watery states ranging from 13 baht for the refills to over 100 baht for the nice smelly stuff.

I always use Vanish for the school whites etc,not cheap 300 odd baht a tub but very good.

It's the 'Breeze' that I was referring to when I wrote, 'USA'. I never realized until now that those letters weren't the English 'U-S-A' letters, but are Thai letters, 'Baw bai-mai and Saw suah' that I should have recognized! Another lesson learned! facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

I had been using Downy fabric softener expressly because the Comfort brand was so 'watery'.

Now, to discover the secret 'whitening' (bleach?) agent that seemingly many Thais use to keep their white fabrics so white. Will see if the Vanish does the trick!

What is it with Tesco Lotus - they have fifty kinds of softener and fabric conditioner and nothing that is actually labelled as detergent. I know that detergent exists - you could buy it in the little Wan Dee local supermarket in Nong Khai - but Tesco seems to think that admitting that customers have ammonia that need to be removed is actually a kind of defamation. Rows and rows of conditioner and nary a grain of God's honest dhobi dust to be seen.

My favorite laundry detergent (and cleaning products)...made in Thailand:

WE CLEAN FROM PINEAPPLE. Our active ingredient comes from pineapple fruit fermentation. We use lactobacillus, a good bacteria you would find in a yogurt, to convert sugars in the fruit to various bio-surfactants, organic acid, natural enzymes, and natural preservatives. As a result, we don’t have to add harsh, harmful, synthetic chemicals to our products.

WE ARE HYPOALLERGENIC CERTIFIED We sent our products to a leading third-party institute to confirm that they are hypoallergenic. Our products underwent clinical trials where dermatologists placed our products on patient’s skin. The trial tested whether our products would cause a reaction after resting on skin for an allotted period of time. The trial confirmed that our products are hypoallergenic, as they did not cause any rashes or reactions on the patients.

http://pipperstandard.com/shopping/en/newsevent/70-mr-david-nardone-not-harmful-for-people-not-harmful-to-the-environment

http://pipperstandard.com/shopping/en/content/4-about-us

Edited by lgking

My favorite laundry detergent (and cleaning products)...made in Thailand:

WE CLEAN FROM PINEAPPLE. Our active ingredient comes from pineapple fruit fermentation. We use lactobacillus, a good bacteria you would find in a yogurt, to convert sugars in the fruit to various bio-surfactants, organic acid, natural enzymes, and natural preservatives. As a result, we don’t have to add harsh, harmful, synthetic chemicals to our products.

WE ARE HYPOALLERGENIC CERTIFIED We sent our products to a leading third-party institute to confirm that they are hypoallergenic. Our products underwent clinical trials where dermatologists placed our products on patient’s skin. The trial tested whether our products would cause a reaction after resting on skin for an allotted period of time. The trial confirmed that our products are hypoallergenic, as they did not cause any rashes or reactions on the patients.

http://pipperstandard.com/shopping/en/newsevent/70-mr-david-nardone-not-harmful-for-people-not-harmful-to-the-environment

http://pipperstandard.com/shopping/en/content/4-about-us

"Silver Nano" brand by "Pao" is better than the USA / Breeze brand by a larger margin. Nice clean whites and bright colors when washing in cold water. Smells better too.

You don't use any other 'whitening' (bleach?) product with this detergent when washing your whites?

Huh ^^^.

So many types of laundry detergent (both powder and liquid) in Tesco, right next to the softener. Look for pictures of washing machines on the packs (and ensure you get the right type for your machine).

In Nong Khai I looked as if I'd lost a contact lens - fifteen minutes, there wasn't any. Maybe they were trying to undermine Laotian hygiene laugh.png

Detergents here have no regulations.

Industrials are using endocrine disruptor like crazy, they certainly get your laundry white, but are a disaster for the environment and mess up your hormones, hence all these "between gender" neither male or female people.

Detergents here have no regulations.

Industrials are using endocrine disruptor like crazy, they certainly get your laundry white, but are a disaster for the environment and mess up your hormones, hence all these "between gender" neither male or female people.

Why so many spray a ton of stuff on themselves every morning I'll never know. If a car goes past at 30mph you can smell the chemical guff coming off the occupants. I doubt it can be doing them much good.