Is there any Shade on Patong Beach.....?

Chivas

Have made somewhat of a Faux pas and entirely my own fault by completely forgetting that Deckchairs etc had been removed from the Beaches this year

As the intention was to laze on the Beach day times not even Sun loving me can sit in hot sunshine all day, let alone the Lady...

Is there any shade any Umbellas anything. I might abort the trip otherwise ?? No doubt the guys who say it looks so much better are grey in colour and ugly as sin !!

Limited areas of all beaches still offer umbrellas and chairs (not loungers) for rent. Not the old way of rows and rows of umberellas, more like they are stacked away and the vendor will set up the umbrella and chairs for you. Plenty of shade under the trees on beaches like Kata Beach.

Limited areas of all beaches still offer umbrellas and chairs (not loungers) for rent. Not the old way of rows and rows of umberellas, more like they are stacked away and the vendor will set up the umbrella and chairs for you. Plenty of shade under the trees on beaches like Kata Beach.

Ok thanks for that.

" No doubt the guys who say it looks so much better are grey in colour and ugly as sin".....Who , the guys who say this are grey in color and ugly as sin?

I also thought this statement was a bit off.

Perhaps this character could go elsewhere more suited to his personality.

Try An Bang Beach in Hoi An, Vietnam - sunbeds and umbrella dont have to look so ugly as they did/do in Patong ...

attachicon.gifimage61.jpg

that looks great, send to ToT, Phuket Gov etc, how things could be (better for all?)

funny most of the people I know who used to like coming to Patong now don't, exactly because the beach no longer meets their needs (loungers, sun shades etc and able to buy fruit and drinks from vendors) The expats who prefer it now great for them, unfortunatly just another nail in the resorts current coffin, the beach is dead compared to previous years and slowly getting worse. Do not waste money in Patong if you want a safe beach holiday its now pants on the beach (for a tourist)

Patong Beach is very dirty. Karon and Kata beach is about a 10 minute drive which is clean and has shade by trees.

No doubt at all that Patong Bay has the dirtiest water on the west side of Phuket Island, due to all the crap in the drainage flow from upper Nanai area. The sewage works only handles the drains from the lower Patong area.

" No doubt the guys who say it looks so much better are grey in colour and ugly as sin".....Who , the guys who say this are grey in color and ugly as sin?

Meaning that the vast majority who complain about Beach Deckchairs and Beach Facilities blighting the landscape, are grey and old from lack of Sun. Simple as that.

Edited by Chivas

Try An Bang Beach in Hoi An, Vietnam - sunbeds and umbrella dont have to look so ugly as they did/do in Patong ...

that looks great, send to ToT, Phuket Gov etc, how things could be (better for all?)

funny most of the people I know who used to like coming to Patong now don't, exactly because the beach no longer meets their needs (loungers, sun shades etc and able to buy fruit and drinks from vendors) The expats who prefer it now great for them, unfortunatly just another nail in the resorts current coffin, the beach is dead compared to previous years and slowly getting worse. Do not waste money in Patong if you want a safe beach holiday its now pants on the beach (for a tourist)

"Safe Beach Holiday" meaning what exactly ?

I also thought this statement was a bit off.

Perhaps this character could go elsewhere more suited to his personality.

Where might you suggest ole boy.....??

"Safe Beach Holiday" meaning what exactly ?

Comfortable sun loungers with shade (parasols) affording safety from the suns rays etc (thinking kids, people having difficulty on mats/floor or simply do not want to sit down on sand) = safe beach, Im not going into the scam discussions or shady dealings as personnally have never had a problem, never use jet skis or Para -sailing, always had a good crack with Vendors who always gave great service thats what I meant, is only my own observation and experiance. I like Patong and just think its a bit of a shame for lots of people both Tourists and Thais/expats who make a living in the tourist sector - things could/should be so much better. Endless threads about what is right/wrong but IMO things are not good now for anyone wanting a safe beach holiday. the desert island argument by some is a bit daft on an island like Phuket but hey-ho...

Edited by Lokie

Meaning that the vast majority who complain about Beach Deckchairs and Beach Facilities blighting the landscape, are grey and old from lack of Sun. Simple as that.

LOL! Brilliant! Wait until you get skin cancer. I've already had several surgeries. I've lived at the beach all my life and can't stand beach lounges, they are for tourists, which I also can't stand. Best wishes…

Edited by Jimi007