1 Million Baht burglary at East Pattaya Village

webfact

1 Million Baht burglary at East Pattaya Village

house-3.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- A Safe containing 1 Million Baht’s worth of valuables was stolen from a house in East Pattaya just before 7pm on Monday.

Police were called to the house located at the Egmongkol Village 4 Estate in Soi Kao Talo on Tuesday afternoon by Khun Arunee aged 54, who is looking after the house for the owner and his Thai wife, who are currently out of the country.

Khun Arunee, who is a close relation of the house owner, directed Police to the CCTV system covering the house, which captured events as they unfolded on Monday afternoon.

She revealed how she had left the house at 3.30pm on Monday and returned at Midnight. She fell asleep on the ground floor of the two-storey house and on Tuesday realized a safe box had been taken from the first-floor master bedroom.

The safe contained undisclosed items with an estimated value of 1 Million Baht, and upon checking the security camera system Police determined that the incident began at 5.48pm on Monday.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/218261/1-million-baht-burglary-at-east-pattaya-village/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-09-30

"Police know of 4 previous burglaries at the house which have resulted in no arrests as yet. "

Apparently it took the thieves a whole 13 minutes from the time they jumped over the front gate until they left with the safe. whistling.gif

Sounds a lot like the story from the beginning of the month, where a home (in a different village on the Dark Side) has also been robbed repeatedly (and is also owned by a foreigner and his Thai wife).

I would expect a house that has a safe and camera surveillance system to have an alarm system too.

Plus the safe should be fixed down so that removing it would require a lot of time and effort.

If my house had been robbed 4 times previously I would likely have moved, and certainly not be leaving 1,000,000 baht of valuables in a safe while out of the country.

I am sure the owner will be pleased that this new burglary will now be added to the list of burglaries which relate to this property and will be investigated, if not solved and arrests made. PS. Check the village security!