Criminals preventing car remote's from locking?

Alan poole

I noticed my remote not locking the car, put it down to an intermittent fault, GF would NOT leave the car. Today there is a post on FB about the problem always happening at Kasikorn Bank main branch, Ban Chang, also on the opposite side of the road by the Pharmacy. Apparently Fortunas are most susceptible.

What was wrong with using the key to lock it? Or just pushing your locks before closing the door? It could just be some sort of electronic interference from a security system possibly?

Edited by WarpSpeed

What was wrong with using the key to lock it? Or just pushing your locks before closing the door? It could just be some sort of electronic interference from a security system possibly?

You beat me to it :)

You beat me to it smile.png

Well I have to sometimes, thumbsup.gif but as a matter of fact the more I think about it with the current unrest in Thailand it is wholly possible the bank, which would be a likely target for mischief, has some sort of remote blocking security to prevent a remotely activated ED in the region of their office.

Edited by WarpSpeed

Seems to me there are typically two types of replyers on this forum; Those seeking or giving information, and those who just speculate from the narrow perspective of their experience.

That story with the jamming is old. Can happen. But if you lock it standing besides the car they wont have a strong enough signal to prevent your key from sending the code. Look for the blinking lights or locking sound, then it is ok.

Still no answer Alan, figured as much with only 36 posts and already slinging cryptic horse pucky at least that's what your response reads like and if I'm off base I apologize ahead of time but you didn't clarify. You asked a potentially silly question with no basis for your hypothesis and got a more reasoned answer in return that dismissed your conspiracy theory and well I guess you didn't like it, too bad..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Seems to me there are typically two types of replyers on this forum; Those seeking or giving information, and those who just speculate from the narrow perspective of their experience.

That would be 3 types :P

And which one are you since you gave nothing in the form of useful information? Which brings up a third type of poster those like Sviss which fall into the instigating trolls with nothing of value to share group.

You're at it again, eh, gobby. Until you instigated the sniping I hadn't commented here so,by definition, that makes you the troll.

Gentlemen; Probem solved.

The police have investigated due to several complaints and have found that it is indeed a new bank security system as a couple of you guessed. and not criminal activity as was speculated on social media.They report that the Bank has no intention of changing it and we'll just have to live with it.

This forum does has a reputation for rudeness, off topic replies and general mud slinging, for example I posted a question about visa extension and only two replies had any factual value. IE most posts were utterly WRONG and many contradicted the correct information.

My point is, if you haven't got anything germain to the post- why not just hold off? I realise that this forum is mostly entertaiment for many members who like to rattle off what they think is a witty post as fast as possible, but does it ever occur to you that silly crap reveals an insight into you that, if you thought about it you probably wouldn't want people to have?

The police have investigated due to several complaints and have found that it is indeed a new bank security system as a couple of you guessed. and not criminal activity as was speculated on social media.They report that the Bank has no intention of changing it and we'll just have to live with it.

This forum does has a reputation for rudeness, off topic replies and general mud slinging, for example I posted a question about visa extension and only two replies had any factual value. IE most posts were utterly WRONG and many contradicted the correct information.

My point is, if you haven't got anything germain to the post- why not just hold off? I realise that this forum is mostly entertaiment for many members who like to rattle off what they think is a witty post as fast as possible, but does it ever occur to you that silly crap reveals an insight into you that, if you thought about it you probably wouldn't want people to have?

"My point is, if you haven't got anything germain to the post- why not just hold off?"

Any connection to the thread with your last lines?

And which one are you since you gave nothing in the form of useful information? Which brings up a third type of poster those like Sviss which fall into the instigating trolls with nothing of value to share group.

You're at it again, eh, gobby. Until you instigated the sniping I hadn't commented here so,by definition, that makes you the troll.

Hmmmmm... rolleyes.gif

Not sure what any of that rubbish you posted was about, good for posting the end result and yes, you're welcome, what outstanding gents giving proper credit where credit is due rolleyes.gif ............................... Once again.............. whistling.gifcoffee1.gif