Krabi Hotel advise where to stay and what to do?

kwak250

Hi all at thaivisa

I have for the last 5-6 years took my parents to cha-am /Hua-hin when they visit

My wife and 2 sons have started to get into snorkelling and seen a few youtube videos of Krabi and cannot believe that you will actually see fish in clear water

My idea is to do a longer trip down to Krabi and mainly want to stay somewhere that hasnt got a full on bar scene quiet more like hua-hin

Is Ao-nang going to be good and where can we go to snorkel without taking a boat although rawai beach will need to be by boat

What cost is the boat to Rawai?

Anyone had a good hotel with a pool for around 1000 baht ish?

Any tips on best places to visit would be great!

Havent been to Krabi since me and my wife met 12 years ago and will give the temple on the hill another climb as i should make it !

If anyone knows a better place to visit without an island like Koh Tao/Samui as my wife hates boats after nearly dying in a storn(so she says i think there were a few medium size waves)

Any help would be great and i am sure patong would be much more fun but 70 year old parents and a 8 year old boy are probably wanting a different holiday

Thanks

Can't help much other than to say Ao Nang is a bit like Hua Hin. Small street with a few bars on it, but a very quite place.

I think the places you have seen with fish are only accessible by boat. Can you post them here?

Another option would be Koh Lanta. It's an island, but like Phuket, has a bridge! LOL