Taxi at Departures at Swampy.

Beechboy

I recall some restrictions in the past about taking a taxi (when arriving) from departures, a taxi who has just dropped a fare.

I am meeting a friend at the airport next week and because she has been never been to Thailand before I have a slight concern about her getting to her Suk. hotel (re: rip off etc.) as she is a youngster (17.)

Can she get up to departures without hindrance or complication so that she is waiting for my taxi to arrive there now?

As I say, I recall restrictions having once been applied.

In all probability I expect to take two separate taxis.

Not cost-concerned, but less hassle to take just one both ways.

Thanks.

I always get a taxi from departures. At least you can choose a reasonably new one and agree with the driver where you want to go on the meter. There are barriers to try and stop people doing that but they are easy to walk round and once even had a guard open one for me, so its not a problem.

As I read this, the OP is asking about conditions inside the terminal building. Once an arriving passenger has cleared Immigration and walked out to the main concourse, there is nothing to stop her from going up 2 floors to the Departure level (4th Floor).