thais arent happy

phycokiller

something is happening, for example I usually take a shortcut thru some bars to my room, today its"mider, mider, farang cannot go here". i get back to my room and a fat ugly women who must have just moved in trying to unlock the outside door, "what you want?" I want to get inside, "why you want to go inside", <deleted> none of your business, usually the thais are friendly but at the momemt seems they all want to be gastapo. their arrogance is beginning to get to me. anyone else getting this or am I just unlucky the last week or so?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That may be your experience but I find speaking Thai with Thais makes them very happy. I am speaking in general terms. Perhaps the OP can speak some Thai.

Imagine if thousands of Thais came to your homeland and only spoke Thai with you (which you don't understand)? No wonder some Thais are grumpy with foreigners.

Farangs are leaving now, less money, less business, people start to be very upset about the general situation.

big companies and hotel chains still make money with Chinese, but the general Thai population will start to struggle. I can tell you, it s not going to be better. in 6 months the situation and happiness of people have changed from happy to unhappy.

Farangs are leaving now, less money, less business, people start to be very upset about the general situation.

big companies and hotel chains still make money with Chinese, but the general Thai population will start to struggle. I can tell you, it s not going to be better. in 6 months the situation and happiness of people have changed from happy to unhappy.

That pretty much says it all. I would only add that the decrease in Western/Russian foreigners is 1/2 the problem.The other half is the major over supply of all types of businesses in last several years.

And I would expect an increase in OP like experiences. And even without a confrontation their unhappiness is obvious.

Was talking about this with my girlfriend regarding the Tue./ Fri Soi Bukow/ Pattaya Tai market :

Not same two years before , Before have many many people walk walk. And regarding the mass Chinese touring and hotel accommodation, remember that tour groups get rooms in mass at major discounts in even 4 star hotels .

Edited by morrobay

That may be your experience but I find speaking Thai with Thais makes them very happy. I am speaking in general terms. Perhaps the OP can speak some Thai.

Imagine if thousands of Thais came to your homeland and only spoke Thai with you (which you don't understand)? No wonder some Thais are grumpy with foreigners.

Not that old chestnut again !

so "land of smiles" is like "American Dream"? And the new motto of Detroit and Rio is "greatest city on Earth," and they call Singapore "most affordable city in the world"...

if i cannot believe these truisms, what can i believe?

is there no truth in this world???

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

probably true but these are Thais initiating conversations in English with me. I think it may depend on the soapies. they get worked up then take it out on strangers. I guess they were chance encounters but I do personally know (and avoid) some Thais that treat others as slaves, altho as I say the majority are very nice people.

Edited by phycokiller

Also depends on where you are. Having spent 10months now living at the Gf's place I find many are still the people of yesteryear smiles, polite and curious. Just not while behind the wheel of a motor vehicle .......

same same...

In my predominantly Thai condo complex, the local Thais are somewhat polite in holding the elevator when I enter the lobby, greetings in the morning or evening, smiles when I smile. And no, even after 6 years living here, I do not speak Thai fluently.

When I walk through town, I don't always get the same smiles back from expats unless they 'know' me. Yes, the Russians never smile, but were often courteous in letting me pass as I walked quickly from behind or coming from the opposite direction.

Courtesy and smiles are free and sometimes you get it back, sometimes not. Can't control other people's behaviors so I 'try' not to let them affect me.

Enjoy your time and hopefully you'll help others enjoy theirs too smile.png.

Edited by losgrad

No I think it's just you. The Thais I interact with are as kind and pleasant as ever. Of course, I don't have to walk through bar areas to get to my home so that may have something to do with it.

Agree. Has nothing to do with the Thais. It's the OP. Let's see if he has the courage to admit that it's him. But I doubt it very much.

walking through a bar to get home - gross

thai lady has probably had a gutsful of rude drunken foreigner pigs as so many tend to be with a skinful,

i find thais to be so friendly and nice but then that may have something to do with whom and where i spend my time, and it most certainly is not with drunkard expats

so "land of smiles" is like "American Dream"? And the new motto of Detroit and Rio is "greatest city on Earth," and they call Singapore "most affordable city in the world"...

if i cannot believe these truisms, what can i believe?

is there no truth in this world???

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's an advertising slogan.

Presumably you're also under the impression that Carlsberg really is probably the best lager in the world.

No I think it's just you. The Thais I interact with are as kind and pleasant as ever. Of course, I don't have to walk through bar areas to get to my home so that may have something to do with it.

Agree. Has nothing to do with the Thais. It's the OP. Let's see if he has the courage to admit that it's him. But I doubt it very much.

Like the time that you were proven to be a troll.... and then freely admitted it.... whistling.gif

coffee1.gif

Also depends on where you are. Having spent 10months now living at the Gf's place I find many are still the people of yesteryear smiles, polite and curious. Just not while behind the wheel of a motor vehicle .......

Thats like saying : Outside of that Mrs Kennedy, how did you like Dallas ?

What person isn't happy when there's a rude, richer, bigger, stronger foreigner barging through their turf while refusing to learn their language or abide by their culture.

Pattaya is a tourist town and folks do not visit to learn Thai and even many long term residents see no reason to learn Thai. I see nothing in the OP that suggests he deserved getting yelled at for no reason. If Thais dislike foreigners so much why dont they stay in bum **** Issan ? They sure do not dislike foreigners money.

Some one should tell them they cannot have it both ways.

Edited by morrobay

Like the time that you were proven to be a troll.... and then freely admitted it.... whistling.gif

coffee1.gif

Cmon HG, it was you that got caught out by another TV member for being a troll. Now why would you make up lies on an anonymous forum?