Major League Baseball Alds / Nlds Playoffs 2006!

Which teams will make it to their Divison Championships?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What two teams will win the American League Division Series ?

• Minnesota Twins / Detroit Tigers
    • Oakland Angels / New York Yankees
    • Detroit Tigers / Oakland Angels
    • New York Yankees / Minnesota Twins
  2. 2. What two teams will win the National League Division Series ?

• St. Louis Cardinals / New York Mets
    • San Diego Padres / Los Angeles Dodgers
    • New York Mets / San Diego Padres
    • Los Angeles Dodgers / St. Louis Cardinals

This poll is closed to new votes

I Hearby open up the official 2006 Baseball Playoff Thread here for all the 4 or 5 baseball fans on Thaivisa!

:D

For the American Leauge Division series.............

AL West champions Oakland Angels up against AL Central title Minnesota Twins, and wild-card spot holders Detroit Tigers vs. my AL East champions New York Yankees!!

Now Detroit lost a ton of games recently, but they are a strong team, so It will be an interesting game with them....Too bad the DEAD Sox aren't here.... But I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not!

:o

Now for the National Leauge Division series.......

It's NL Central champions St. Louis Cardinals vs. NL West champions San Diego Padres, and the

NL East champions The New York Mets (!) go up against the wild-card spot holders Los Angeles Dodgers.

( Tripcore, Where are your Cubs? :D )

The Padres and Cardinals held on to win division championships yesterday, so they will meet in a rematch of a first-round series last year, when the Cards cruised to a three-game sweep of San Diego.

I'm also rooting for the Mets, and hope that they will be able to make it to the series, so my Yanks can kick their ass like they did back in 2000 in our last subway series...

Playoffs start on Tuesday October 3, "American" time....

This thread is open to all baseball fans, I don't want this to be all about the Yankees ( well, at least not yet ! :D )

Well my good OP, having grown up a Mets fan/Yankee hater, I have been ecstatic these past 4 seasons watching the Yanks gag their way to fame and fortune. I see no difference this year as I see a 1st round Yankee choke job at the hands of the surprising Tigers and Jimmy Leyland. I will be cheering all the way as they go down for the count in 4 games. GOOOOO Tiggers. GOOOO Mets. And if the Tigers don't do it then the As or Twins will. Never fear my good man. No Yanks in series. Should the subway series actually happen then the Mets will crush the Yankee chokers

A's look good -- esp after they beat Santana and the Twins.

Yanks are the team to beat overall though. Very strong team. Tigers don't have anything left.

I don't see anybody in the NL beating either the A's or the Yanks. Even the Mets.

Edited by merlin1

Well my good OP, having grown up a Mets fan/Yankee hater, I have been ecstatic these past 4 seasons watching the Yanks gag their way to fame and fortune. I see no difference this year as I see a 1st round Yankee choke job at the hands of the surprising Tigers and Jimmy Leyland. I will be cheering all the way as they go down for the count in 4 games. GOOOOO Tiggers. GOOOO Mets. And if the Tigers don't do it then the As or Twins will. Never fear my good man. No Yanks in series.

Tigers? They were beat by the Kanas City Royals......the Royals! Last place in the leauge.

No offense, but Detroit did not even really earn the right to be at the playoffs, IMHO..

The Yankees will sweep the Tigers back to Detroit, even if Ivan Rodriguez and Carlos Guillen pull off some amazing plays tonight and this week.

As for the Mets,they are a good team, now that GM Minaya and Wille are in control, but there is only one result in a New York Subway series..

Should the subway series actually happen then the Mets will crush the Yankee chokers

If you believe that, I have several shares of Shincorp stock to sell you...... :o

Yanks take Game 1 against Detroit!

8-4, New York Leads 1-0!

f2b60052-8ca5-4b3d-8538-187533f4c41f.jpg

5-for-5 with two doubles, a solo homer and three runs ...

Thank you Capt'n Crunch!

:o

2279b634-d1ce-43e4-9757-ec7ef21155b9.jpg

You Too, Mannny!

( and Damon, Ching Ming, etc... )

No worries, I'm pretty sure my guys can take Game 2 tonight!

Now the Oakland Angel...I mean Athletics looks like they will sweep the Twins.....Which I would not have predicted ( I thought Minnesota would put up some fight at least..... ) .

In the NLDS....

As for the Mets....... :D First Pedro, now EL Duque.....Their Pitching rotation is in a shambles now....Mets will be VERY lucky if they can get past LA.... Right now, the score is Mets 2, Dodgers 1.....

And The Cards lead their series 1-0 against the Pods...

Narachon has been quiet of late...I wonder why? :o:D

Who would have thought that Kenny Rogers, of all people, would shut out the Yankees offense totally? I would not have bet that! and so much for "Big Unit"......I admit he did better than last years playoffs, but still.....

I think that the Tigers have a very good chance to go on to the ALCS, but I doubt very highly they would be able to get past the A's.....

As for the NLSD, It looks like it will be the Mets and the Cards for sure...Now that would be a great NLCS to watch!

But in the end, I think it's going to be the A's vs the Mets........

I am not a Mets fan, but like me, they are from the East Coast after all, and I don't care for the Yankees, but still I will say...

Lets go Mets!!

Great fun reading this after the results are known.

I guess all the overpaid Yankees will be playing golf tomorrow.

By the way, Narachon, who is "Mannny" on the Yankees?? Next year they'll probably sign Manny Ramirez, but there are no Manny's on the team now.

LET'S GO METS!!

Great fun reading this after the results are known.

I guess all the overpaid Yankees will be playing golf tomorrow.

Nah, I think that they, along with all the other Yankee fans like Narachon are hiding their heads in shame..... :o

I hate to admit it, but I almost feel for Torre, is getting the boot, hopefully some team will pick him up ( the Cubs? )

By the way, Narachon, who is "Mannny" on the Yankees?? Next year they'll probably sign Manny Ramirez, but there are no Manny's on the team now.

Yeah, I was wondering that also.....

LET'S GO METS!!

Like I said before, I'm not a big fan of the Mets, but they are an Amazing team this year. Who would have thought... Too bad Piazza is with the Pods now ( Was he on the postseason lineup at least? ). San Diego is history - Looks like the Mets will play the Cards, can't wait for that game.

I'm happy the Tigers shut down the Yanks, but they have no chance against the A's.

What a Nightmare....:o

I think I was out of it most of the weekend (:D )....Oh Well..... I'm sure all the Yankee Haters are pleased now....

Anyway, as of last night , with St.Louis winning game 4 of their NLDS series, I guess that's it.

For the two people that picked the New York Mets and St.Louis Cardinals for the NLCS and the one that picked the Oakland Athletics and the Detroit Tigers for the ALCS for the poll, all I have to say is pat yourself on the back.....

On to the ALCS / NLCS then!

Like I said before, I'm not a big fan of the Mets, but they are an Amazing team this year. Who would have thought... Too bad Piazza is with the Pods now ( Was he on the postseason lineup at least? ). San Diego is history - Looks like the Mets will play the Cards, can't wait for that game.

I'm happy the Tigers shut down the Yanks, but they have no chance against the A's.

Piazza was on the roster and played for the Padres. He committed a key error that probably cost them one of the games.

I have to disagree with you about the Tigers though. They outplayed the A's all season and if they continue pitching the way they did against the Yankees, then no one can beat them, not even the Mets, and I AM a Mets fan.

What a Nightmare....

Oh Well..... I'm sure all the Yankee Haters are pleased now....

It's not that we're Yankee Haters, it just that it's so hard to root for a team whose salary is double that of the next highest paid team. It's like rooting for Exxon/Mobil to make MORE money.

What a Nightmare....

Oh Well..... I'm sure all the Yankee Haters are pleased now....

It's not that we're Yankee Haters, it just that it's so hard to root for a team whose salary is double that of the next highest paid team. It's like rooting for Exxon/Mobil to make MORE money.

classic analogy