Should i go Black mat colour ?

Most of the ones you see are actually a matt wrap and not paint. Nothing wrong with the look it suits some vehicles very well. I have the roof of my car wrapped in a high gloss finish. It has been trouble free for two years. I'd guess the matt would hold up too.

don't understand these Matt finished cars..

understood all my life a high gloss helps move the air, so less drag and less fuel used..

must agree with 'giddyup' to me looks awful, looks like undercoat in any colour

When we were kids and had no money for a proper paint job, we sprayed our old wrecks flat black with primer hoping that eventually we could afford to get a good paint job. These flat black cars remind me of the old days.

I think it has more to do with the age of the posters. Most of them must be misty eyed for their Model T or Standard 8 in gloss black. Flat colours, not just black but green and orange can look great on the right type of car. Usually high end sports models, not the cheapo Eco cars usually discussed here.. Open your minds to something new..

post-39406-0-87208900-1446300399_thumb.j

post-39406-0-09412100-1446300434_thumb.j

post-39406-0-13765700-1446300664_thumb.j

If done very well on a high end sports car the matt finishes can look good.

On anything else these matt finishes just show that the owner is a dash tasteless and desperate.... kind of like putting a racing spoiler and diffuser on a toyota vios !

This is just my opinion... wouldn't it be boring if we were all driving the same car, same colour...

Edited by richard_smith237

I think it has more to do with the age of the posters. Most of them must be misty eyed for their Model T or Standard 8 in gloss black. Flat colours, not just black but green and orange can look great on the right type of car. Usually high end sports models, not the cheapo Eco cars usually discussed here.. Open your minds to something new..

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Ya... u guess the guys think they're ugly :)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Ya... u guess the guys think they're ugly smile.png

Well, you haven't revealed so far what kind of car you own, so is it one of those pictured by Pdaz or is it a Toyota Vios?

As another poster said already, it all depends on the style of car if it is ugly or not.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Yeah, let's not be confused here, there is quite a difference between matt/flat wraps and paint first of all, all of the above pics are matt/flat wraps. Secondly there is also a difference between a well done wrap or paint versus "rat rod style" which is really done sometimes with a spray can etc, and is MEANT to capture that old "throw it together with anything you have laying around" style and though it's not my style, I can appreciate that sometimes it has a bit of an artsy look to them, but not always some/many times it just looks junk, because mostly it is.

Edited by WarpSpeed

If done very well on a high end sports car the matt finishes can look good.

On anything else these matt finishes just show that the owner is a dash tasteless and desperate.... kind of like putting a racing spoiler and diffuser on a toyota vios !

This is just my opinion... wouldn't it be boring if we were all driving the same car, same colour...

Yeah there's enough of that in Thailand already, white Honda or Toyota.....bah.gifgiggle.gif

Edited by WarpSpeed

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Ya... u guess the guys think they're ugly smile.png

Well, you haven't revealed so far what kind of car you own, so is it one of those pictured by Pdaz or is it a Toyota Vios?

As another poster said already, it all depends on the style of car if it is ugly or not.

Me ? Not a fan of econoboxes.. I have a TT Quattro and an old BMW 2002ti resto.

Would rather walk than drive a Vios :(

post-39406-0-80551700-1446341343_thumb.j

Some bikers love to ride a "dirt bike." Nothing wrong with that. My dog likes to eat bones, I don't......

And there's another problem I would consider:

The more light the object absorbs the more heat absorbed since light is energy. If you consider it a color, black absorbs the most heat. A black object absorbs all wavelengths of light and reflects none.

Objects that are white, on the other hand, reflect all wavelengths of light and therefore absorb the least heat.

post-158336-0-99134400-1446342016_thumb.

Edited by seedy

Mat Black Benz near me, just looks as if it has been in the sun to long and the shines gone dull, cant see anything nice about it...also a 4x4 Vigo totally mat black..... likewise the CRV in mat orange looks hideous....

what is a part wrap hiding? I know 2 cars that have wraps on bonnet the other on the boot lid, both are hiding bad repair jobs after an accident..

of course it is up to the owner and what he things looks good... to me people that put great wide wheels on well past the body or replace the 15" to 20" look just as daft, or lowered that they have to more or less stop to go over a loose stone in the road. both cars and pickups

Edited by ignis

Some bikers love to ride a "dirt bike." Nothing wrong with that. My dog likes to eat bones, I don't......

And there's another problem I would consider:

The more light the object absorbs the more heat absorbed since light is energy. If you consider it a color, black absorbs the most heat. A black object absorbs all wavelengths of light and reflects none.

Objects that are white, on the other hand, reflect all wavelengths of light and therefore absorb the least heat.

Vanilla is also white in color, funny that.. bah.gif While I love vanilla some of the time, it gets old and boooooringgggg...

Mat Black Benz near me, just looks as if it has been in the sun to long and the shines gone dull, cant see anything nice about it...also a 4x4 Vigo totally mat black..... likewise the CRV in mat orange looks hideous....

what is a part wrap hiding? I know 2 cars that have wraps on bonnet the other on the boot lid, both are hiding bad repair jobs after an accident..

of course it is up to the owner and what he things looks good... to me people that put great wide wheels on well past the body or replace the 15" to 20" look just as daft, or lowered that they have to more or less stop to go over a loose stone in the road. both cars and pickups

Could also be preventing too much sun fading for the few years preserving the clear coat.

Some people are strange. Why would you want to cover something that already looks good? My wife took the new Isuzu to town a couple days ago and came back home with ugly plastic seat covers, a steering wheel cover and floor mats on top of the standard optional Isuzu floor mats. She got upset with me when I asked her why she wanted to throw her money away on junk.

Some people are strange. Why would you want to cover something that already looks good? My wife took the new Isuzu to town a couple days ago and came back home with ugly plastic seat covers, a steering wheel cover and floor mats on top of the standard optional Isuzu floor mats. She got upset with me when I asked her why she wanted to throw her money away on junk.

Did your wife request a full set of tacky plastic chrome details for the new car?

It is understandable that she wants to customize her new pride and joy but these women have dreadful taste - just look at their husbands! :D

Edited by JaseTheBass

Did your wife request a full set of tacky plastic chrome details for the new car?

It is understandable that she wants to customize her new pride and joy but these women have dreadful taste - just look at their husbands! :D

Yes she did. It cost ME 5,000 baht for that junk. Sill plates that still have the protective plastic on them and ugly door handle chrome pieces as well as the headlight and tail light junk.