Did you try driving Eco car to other provinces > 100km away?

thairookie

I love the new Suzuki Ciaz and the Yaris, but both models come only in eco version which means it's a 1.2L engine.

Has anyone ever tried driving any of these eco kittens to other provinces ? How does it perform over long distance, especially if it's fully loaded with 4 adults ?

The ciaz is pretty big and a bit larger than a honda city I think. Yes less power but should easily cruise for long distances when carrying 4. The main issue would be the quality of the roads and if you need to take on any steep terrain. I took my 155hp honda civic up Khao Yai once and it struggled in one place where I couldn't get decent speed up before I hit the slope. Not sure my swift would have made it if fully loaded up. But we regularly travel 150-200 km with no problem. I'm not sure 500km+ in once stretch would be comfortable though.

I travel regulary from Pattaya to Huai Yot Trang 945 kms in my Nissan Almera (manual gear) doing 100-120 kms/hour when possible with 3 adults takes around 11/12 hours and its not a problem-except for the road (H2) around Surat Thani where its in a bad state,although they are in the process of resurfacing it.I much prefer a manual gearbox to auto-I average 20.8 kms/litre which is 58 miles/uk gallon amazing really... thumbsup.gif

The Civic is supposed to be a power packed.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nice, but far from an eco car.

Has 1.8l, torque at least double that of an eco.

Price also double.

No help to the posters question.

I browsed through some eco car specs.

All ave 80 PS, torque a little over 100 Nm at 4000+ RPM.

The latter one is really the weak point not so much the horsepower.

Well its not a power pack, but remember how could people go from Germany to the Mediterranean over alpine passes in the 1950s with 34 PS VW beetle tongue.png

I guess you are not referring to four fullsize "farangs" but maybe one farang and three avarage Thai people?

Edited by KhunBENQ

Price also double.

Well its not a power pack, but remember how could people go from Germany to the Mediterranean over alpine passes in the 1950s with 34 PS VW beetle tongue.png

I guess you are not referring to four fullsize "farangs" but maybe one farang and three avarage Thai people?

There's actually quite a spread of power outputs across eco cars:

The Mazda2 has 93HP / 123Nm

The Ciaz & Swift have 91HP / 118Nm

The Brio & Amaze have 90HP / 110Nm

The Yaris 86HP / 108Nm

The Almera & March 79HP / 106Nm

The Celerio 68HP / 90Nm

But, in the end if power is what matters at this price, it's hard to beat the Fiesta deals ATM - 494K Baht for the 1.5L 6AT Ambiente 4-door with 112HP / 140Nm. Practically a no brainer...

What a surprise that they have "downgraded" the Mazda 2 to a "semi-eco" (1300 ccm).

Mine of 2011 is 1498 ccm, 103 PS, fully fit to transport 4 persons and flow with traffic.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Price also double.

The Ciaz & Swift have 91HP / 118Nm

The Brio & Amaze have 90HP / 110Nm

The Yaris 86HP / 108Nm

The Almera & March 79HP / 106Nm

The Celerio 68HP / 90Nm

But, in the end if power is what matters at this price, it's hard to beat the Fiesta deals ATM - 494K Baht for the 1.5L 6AT Ambiente 4-door with 112HP / 140Nm. Practically a no brainer...

The sedan looks odd. The hatchback at this price will be the obvious choice. Don't understand why hatchback is always more expensive.