My New Kindle Paperwhite.

NoshowJones

I have bought a new Kindle Paperwhite, it is great, and I am enjoying it very much.

The thing is there are some things I want to do, but I find the instructions very complicated.

I am reasonably computer literate, but I need some help, things like transferring things from

my Kindle to my computer and vice versa, ie the first time something will work, the second time it

will not. What does the Cloud mean? How do I transfer things from the Cloud to On My Device?

I live upcountry but will be in Pattaya early next month if anyone knows of anyone there who can help.

Thank you.

After you have attached the kindle to the computer and got it to recognize the kindle as a usb device, if you then detach it without unmounting it, the usb software on the kindle may not successfully do the handshaking the next time to connect them. The solution is to safely unmount the kindle before detaching it and/or reboot one or both of the computer and kindle.

Edited by CaptHaddock

I used to have the details, the percentage of time left till the book is finished, the number of hours left to finish the book,

at the bottom corner of each page, now they have disappeared.

The video a kind poster put up for me only shows so much, there is things I need to know which are not on the video, anyone help please?

To get back the info at the bottom of the page, just touch the bottom of the page.

I highly recommend that you download and install a program called "Calibre". It will hold your books in libraries, covert one format to another and many other options. And best of all it's a doddle moving ebooks to and from your Kindle, which is called a device in Calibre because it copes well with other e-readers. All file names, library names etc are defined by you.

Because I have over 12,000 ebooks on my computer, and that's low compared to some, I have five libraries, ie fiction a-m, fiction n-z, sci-fi a-m, sci-n-z and one called read-already. a-m etc is the surname of the author. After I copy a book to my Kindle I then move it from the (say) fiction a-m library to the read-already library. Easy in Calibre.

Do note that if you are still running Windows XP you'll need an earlier version of Calibre, not the latest.

Edited by lungbing

Very strong 2d of lungbing recommendation for Calibre as great for Kindle. Easy to keep your library and transfer back and forth to computer/Cloud.

Re page info on bottom, tap the top of the page to make the bar appear, then select the thre bar item on extreme right, which brings up a menu whence the 2d item from the bottom is "Reading Progress". Tap that to get a popup menu with a line "Location in book", taping which that will give you info on the bottom.

Do you mind me inquiring where did you buy the PW from----& cost, did you have it sent over? was there a custom cost, I am thinking of updating my first edd Kindle .

Thanks

Edited by oxo1947

Do you mind me inquiring where did you buy the PW from----& cost, did you have it sent over? was there a custom cost, I am thinking of updating my first edd Kindle .

Thanks

Bought from Amazon USA. I had it had carried over with a friend from the USA. I sell them in Thailand to exchange USA to Thai baht. Kindle Thailand sells them for approx. 7990 baht the same Kindle. Check it online.

Thanks

Bought from Amazon USA. I had it had carried over with a friend from the USA. I sell them in Thailand to exchange USA to Thai baht. Kindle Thailand sells them for approx. 7990 baht the same Kindle. Check it online.

Thanks

Thanks

The price is 5000 baht it includes vat and duty fee. Get it while you can I will not have it very long. I can add a Kindle cover for 500 baht more.

I finally got my Nook Ereader last week and I find that when I plug it into my PC it works instantly. I download direct from my Ebook library on the PC to my Nook simply by clicking on an author or section of the library and click on > send to MyNook.

I then open a new shelf for the authors name then run through the books and tick the author and when I have finished I click on save and the books are in a seperate section under the authors name.

Easy peasy to do.

I have around 500 books on there already which is the equivalent of the 2 overflowing book cases in my bedroom.

I got the one with a 16Gb internal memory and I can expand it simply by plugging in a mini usb card.

I connect to the PC by the 32 pin connector or by WiFi and in addition to reading I can also watch movies and play games should I wish to.

Here is a link.

http://www.ebookreaderthailand.com/goods.php?id=102

I ordered from EBay and it cost 5,250 thb from the UK.

Edited by billd766

Thanks

Bought two via Ebay UK. The first came from Japan (left it on the roof of the truck whilst loading up, then drove off,) the second from Australia. Around 4,500 baht each inc EMS. No customs duties, one was labelled "gift", and the other "documents". Both were 2nd gen, with Wikipedia.

I finally got my Nook Ereader last week and I find that when I plug it into my PC it works instantly. I download direct from my Ebook library on the PC to my Nook simply by clicking on an author or section of the library and click on > send to MyNook.

I then open a new shelf for the authors name then run through the books and tick the author and when I have finished I click on save and the books are in a seperate section under the authors name.

Easy peasy to do.

I have around 500 books on there already which is the equivalent of the 2 overflowing book cases in my bedroom.

I got the one with a 16Gb internal memory and I can expand it simply by plugging in a mini usb card.

I connect to the PC by the 32 pin connector or by WiFi and in addition to reading I can also watch movies and play games should I wish to.

Here is a link.

http://www.ebookreaderthailand.com/goods.php?id=102

I ordered from EBay and it cost 5,250 thb from the UK.

Thanks Bill.

I just bought a new 6" Kindle Paperwhite from Amazon USA and can confirm that cmrichsw's asking price is very reasonable. I paid $119 for the device, plus $14.98 tax, plus $8.51 for special two-day shipment to a friends house in Arizona, for a total of $142.48. With today's exchange rate, that's slightly greater than 5,000 baht.

I have a NEW Paper White in the original unopened from Amazon brought to me last week. I am selling it for 5000 baht if anyone if interested.

I bought mine from this poster and I would definitely recommend it.

+1.Bought one from Richard as well, very good price ( reader+case+film), very satisfied.

I have a NEW Paper White in the original unopened from Amazon brought to me last week. I am selling it for 5000 baht if anyone if interested.

I bought mine from this poster and I would definitely recommend it.

+1.Bought one from Richard as well, very good price ( reader+case+film), very satisfied.

Thanks guys - Kindle has made me a regular reader. As of 11/11/15 I sill have the PaperWhite for 5000 baht If you know of anyone interested still wrapped in the original box. I can order a cover for you in any color you like for an extra 500 baht.

• 4 months later...

I will have a NEW Paper White in the original unopened from Amazon available the 1st week in April 2016. I am selling it for 5500 baht if anyone if interested.

That must be the wi-first only (no global 3g) and at the price includes Amazon's "special offers" advertising every time you turn it on. What happens with it when you register it with Amazon outside the the US?

Just looked and a paperwhite with 3g and no special offers shipped to Thailand is $255, including $21 shipping and $23 estimated custom duties.

TH