EU and African heads meet in Malta to discuss migrant crisis

webfact

EU and African heads meet in Malta to discuss migrant crisis

606x341_316909.jpg

MALTA: -- EU and African leaders are meeting in Malta to discuss the migrant crisis.

Europe is expected to donate billions of euros in exchange for assistance to stem the human tide.

The plan is to ease the security and economic pressure that forces people to seek sanctuary in richer nations.

EU Commission President Jean-Claude Junker says Europe:
“won’t be blackmailed, but we need the help of others, as others need our help.”

Close to 150,000 Africans, mainly from Eritrea, Somalia and Nigeria, have made the perilous journey across the Mediterranean this year to arrive in Malta and Italy.

Add to that the 650,000 flowing into Europe from Syria.

James Franey our correspondent in Valletta says:“The pressure is on for Europe to come up with something concrete over the next two days, especially since another flagship policy, a deal to relocate thousands of migrants, appears to have been such an epic failure. So far 130 have been moved from Greece and Italy.”

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-11-12

I believe the lady in the front of the picture is the one I heard speaking on BBC saying the problem was some countries in Europe had taken a fortress attitude and no where in the world should be a fortress !

Doesn't sound she'll be too bothered with the migration problem. What problem, just let everybody in ?

I believe the lady in the front of the picture is the one I heard speaking on BBC saying the problem was some countries in Europe had taken a fortress attitude and no where in the world should be a fortress !

Doesn't sound she'll be too bothered with the migration problem. What problem, just let everybody in ?

if she can't be bothered to change out of her pajamas, why bother to listen to her tripe. How many migrants did she invite to live with her tribe? I don't suppose these modern economic migrants and religious zealots would much enjoy putting ever bigger disks in their lower lip and running around chasing gazelles with a sharp stick. That is not their goal. Religious conversion of infidel nations is what they want, and what they will get, so long as the bleeding heart bigots successfully stifle all discussion of the crux of the matter.

EU Commission President Jean-Claude Junker says Europe: “won’t be blackmailed, but we need the help of others, as others need our help.”

Huh? Pay attention Mr Junker.

You're having a sit-down to discuss the payoff....call it what you will, but....it's blackmail!

And since blackmail rarely works and rarely stops with the initial shakedown. The EU will be paying out billions for years to come and....will still have to

'humanely' absorb untold hordes of illegals.

The African 'Hi-So's are really going to clean up on this deal.

Edited by Hayduke

I believe there is only one answer to the problem of genuine refugees, that is to annex the countries they come from, replace the existing infrastructure with a modern non tribal/religious one and make their countries worth staying in. Not very politically correct. Bring back the British/Eurpean raj, order,education and prosperity. In the long run it will be more economically beneficial, for them and us , rather than the civil wars that will eventually erupt when the indigenous population of the western nations finally gets some balls and starts eliminating the cancer that is growing within it's midst. It seems that the nationalist militia of US are now targetting those of a well known middle eastern religion. Basically, if you don't want to become part of the culture you have chosen to live in, go away, or die.

EU and African heads seek solutions to the migrant crisis as Sweden tightens borders

606x341_316934.jpg

VALLETTA: -- EU and African leaders enter the second day of a summit to discuss the migrant crisis in the Maltese capital Valletta.

The European plan is to donate billions of euros to ease the security and economic pressures that force people to seek sanctuary in richer nations.

Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma the head of the African Union blames elements within Europe for the crisis: “The problem we are facing today is in part because Europe, some countries in Europe, have taken a fortress approach. There is no part of the world that can be a fortress. We should be open to legal migration.”

As talks continue Sweden and Slovenia became the latest EU nations to tighten borders.

Anders Ygeman the Swedish interior minister explained: “The idea is not to limit the number of asylum seekers, but to get better control over the flow of asylum seekers arriving in Sweden.”

Close to 150,000 Africans have made the have made the perilous journey across the Mediterranean this year.

James Franey is in Valletta:“With little progress made on returning failed asylum seekers to Africa, the EU is still struggling for a coherent strategy to this migration crisis. Indeed as the bloc seeks help from African nations as well as Turkey, it seems the only strategy that Europe has, is to make it somebody elses’ problem.”

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-11-12

I am for opening all the borders. Think about it, Europe does not have many mineral resources nor farming land. The welfare of Europe was made with the colonial wealth. Now Africa is running their own, if they want to come to Europe welcome as long as I am allowed to go to Africa and legally start a business there. There is much more resource in Africa than Europe, let's just swap.