Where have all the Chinese men gone ?

jippytum

I have been staying in the old city in Chaing Mai for the previous three months.

Every day i notice groups of three or four Chinese young girls in local restaurants or standing on street corners looking at maps.

All well dressed cheerful and polite. Much preferred to Russians . Happily don't see many Chinese men .Where are they i wonder ?

I've wondered about this, too. I thought China had a one-child policy and families preferred to have sons, but we sure seem to attract the young female Chinese tourists. Perhaps Chiang Mai is seen as someplace "safe" for them to go and the Chinese men of their age group are going someplace more adventuresome.

I've wondered about this, too. I thought China had a one-child policy and families preferred to have sons, but we sure seem to attract the young female Chinese tourists. Perhaps Chiang Mai is seen as someplace "safe" for them to go and the Chinese men of their age group are going someplace more adventuresome.

The army?

Considering their very ropey motorcycle skills they're probably in Intensive Care

we were at Anusarn Market the other night eating at the communal tables where they serve Indian and Thai food. 3 Chinese walked up and sat down next to us; a man about 27 y/o and two ladies with dyed silver hair about the same age sporting a "punk" style reminiscent of about 25 years ago. we looked over and the guy had a huge, swollen Betadine stained bruise on his cheek and his shirt was torn and blood soaked. the 2 ladies had large cotton gauze bandages all over their arms and legs and one girl had a portion of her head shaved where you could see a few stitches and butterfly bandages. looked as though they crashed, went to the hospital for treatment, then immediately went out to eat and go sightseeing after.