KTB, KBank offline for more than 5 hours

webfact

KTB, KBank offline for more than 5 hours
ERICH PARPART, THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- BANK customers were in a foul mood yesterday after finding Krungthai Bank and Kasikornbank offline for more than five hours.

"I usually transfer money at the end of the month without having to pay any fee. But I had to withdraw my money from a different bank to deposit at the counter, so I had to pay a Bt40 transfer fee," a customer said.

"The transfer fee should have been waived, as it's not the customer's fault that the bank's system was down," she said.

Some of state-owned KTB's automated teller machines and Internet banking systems were reported to have problems and were shut down nationwide around 10am.

Privately run KBank's K-Cyber Internet banking system and its mobile application also reportedly crashed during the same time.

Customers were unable to withdraw or transfer funds. Some reportedly had their cards eaten up by an ATM or the money did not come out, which caused trouble for many people whose payday was yesterday.

Most of KTB's systems were back up about 3.20pm.

The two banks issued statements to apologise to customers for their inconvenience, but no clarification was given for why their systems had stopped working.

The Bank of Thailand's spokesman Chirathep Senivongs Na Ayudhya said that a commercial bank has reported some problems in their ATM and internet banking service , due to the larger than usual amount of financial activities at the end of the month. But the problem has been fixed and they are all operational now, he added.

"In the meantime, the search for the cause of problem will continue and we will inform the public in the next period," he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/KTB-KBank-offline-for-more-than-5-hours-30274044.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-01