Aluminum Brazing Rods

chiang mai

You need to buy one of the 3 listed aluminum rods from the list :• Aluminum 1100 (AWS A5.10 ER1100)
• Aluminum 4043 (AWS A5.10 ER4043)
• Aluminum 5356 (AWS A5.10 ER5356) Depending on the thickness of the frame . You moste likely need the thinnest rod the 1100 if it is a small frame & a decent torch setup to braze the Aluminum & you will need a Welco 600 Flux or some aluminum flux to get it to adhere properly. It may be cheaper to just have a shop use a mig or a tig setup to weld the frame together. Up here in Pattaya Migs are used predominatly. In Chiang mai you may be able to get a welding company to come out to your house if you don't have a truck to transport. But it may be in the long run worth it to just take it down to thee welding shop & have them do it. It is fairly inexpensive for welding here compared to The U.S. & the cost to get my miller out here exceeds the value of letting the shops do it. But on the other hand it would be easy if you alreay have a torch......... But by the time you get done it may exceed the cost of just getting someone to mig or tig it up.

I would have guessed there might have been a few ex welders here but alas not. That being true I've said screw it, I'll use screws and brackets rather than welds. Never mind.

I would rely on a aluminium window fabricator. In some cases they have the know how to weld/connect your elements.

• 4 months later...

If you have to ask this question , it means you don't have enough experience with aluminum welding and should not attempt it..

No disrespect intended just pointing out some facts.

Aluminum welding is totally different that steel. In steel you melt a puddle and work a bead in the joint with the welding rod. In aluminum you dont form a puddle, you watch for it to start "sweating" and then you start moving the bead with your welding rod. It takes a lot of practice and in the fist few tries before you get it right, you will be blowing holes in the stock you are trying to weld.

Something that I have found out from experience.

I have not done any aluminum welding in many many years and I am sure if I tried it now I would probably destroy the first few attempts.

Also keep in mind there are many many different aluminum alloys, so you need to identify the alloy you are working with also.

I was in the aviation industry and at the time, only worked with 2024 , so long ago that we were barely out of the bronze eratongue.png now I think the best way for me to join two pieces of aluminum, for me, is Duct Tapelaugh.png

Edited by sirineou

If you have to ask this question , it means you don't have enough experience with aluminum welding and should not attempt it..

Aluminum welding is totally different that steel. In steel you melt a puddle and work a bead in the joint with the welding rod. In aluminum you dont form a puddle, you watch for it to start "sweating" and then you start moving the bead with your welding rod. It takes a lot of practice and in the fist few tries before you get it right, you will be blowing holes in the stock you are trying to weld.

I have not done any aluminum welding in many many years and I am sure if I tried it now I would probably destroy the first few attempts.

Also keep in mind there are many many different aluminum alloys, so you need to identify the alloy you are working with also.

I was in the aviation industry and at the time, only worked with 2024 , so long ago that we were barely out of the bronze eratongue.png now I think the best way for me to join two pieces of aluminum, for me, is Duct Tapelaugh.png

Here we go with the know it alls. Everybody started from the beginning and worked towards being proficient in everything. He asked for help and your thread did nothing but tell him he doesnt know or cant do anything. Your tone is one of superiority. A couple stupid emoticons doesnt change your tone.

OP learn the hard way, we all have.

Here we go with the know it alls. Everybody started from the beginning and worked towards being proficient in everything. He asked for help and your thread did nothing but tell him he doesnt know or cant do anything. Your tone is one of superiority. A couple stupid emoticons doesnt change your tone.

OP learn the hard way, we all have.

Sorry, dont know what I was thinking about,

Op don't follow my tone of superiority follow his tone of superiority and learn the hard way

I am sure you didn't really like that aluminum piece any way