Late night transport around CM City?

Happy Grumpy

My condo is near the train station.

I'd rather not drive my car when out drinking. rolleyes.gif

What time do the songteows finish running out to along Chareon Muang Rd?

Taxis? Still about after midnight? Charging double at that time?

Tuk-Tuks? same thing with fares at that time?

I would imagine Taxis and Tukl Tuk wanting 400b+ for the ride from Tapae Gate to the train station? at 10pm-2am.

Any info?

Cheers.

Tuk-tuks seem to run around all night. Yes, they will probably charge double, depending upon your level of consciousness.

Taxis don't like to do much more than take people to and fro from the airport late at night, in my limited experience. And songthaews seem to turn into pumpkins at midnight.

^ Post of the Year!

Well done.

2.5 km from TP gate to railway station. I used to walk over 3 km home when I lived in the city. Refused to drive, & no songteau late at night. Helps you sober up. always had a Walls Cornetto at the Shell gas station just before my condo. Felt better for it in the morning.

Amazing. After several years of "Taxi Meter" in Chiang Mai I have not heard of a single situation, or experienced it myself where the Meter was actually used. I will use the Grab Taxi app and call the number next week and report back.

Confidence is not high.

Edited by arunsakda

I like bike. I like the quiet of night, the absence of others (most others) and the darkness.

I like bikes too and night would be the perfect time to ride..except I don't like being chased and possibly savaged by dogges. Stay on the main streets and out of the Sois!

Railway station is still roughly in town in the perception of tuk tuk drivers, so they won't need crazy amounts like 400 Baht.

I bet many will be very eager to go at 200 Baht, and when using the same driver a couple times you can likely get to something like 100-150 Baht which I think is pretty reasonable for the later hour.

200 max....might even be a good reason to walk over to LK, because you would be going against traffic on Tha Phae Rd.. Just tell them "train station" too, that might increase the pool of drivers. I can get to Tesco for 20 THB, but they might say 100 THB to my condo which is an 8 minute walk from Tesco. A lot of ways to skin a cat. As mentioned, find a girl with a motorbike, or one not wearing high heels....might even be a good use of a ladyboy....probably give you a ride for 40 THB.