Koh Tao: Suspects found guilty of murdering British backpackers

Reading through the last 10 pages of this thread, I really have to question the motives of some of the posters ... what/whose business interests are you trying to protect exactly? The same ones as the RTP?

imo some, including Westerners, are protecting their own businesses and lifestyles on the island as well as protecting the true killers as they have no morals and are happy to be shills and subservient to cold blooded killers, money could be changing hands - may even think they're pals but they'd be thrown under the bus before you could say boo to a goose if any situation ever required it. Some others outside of the island possibly paid shills or have links to RTP etc. and finally there's probably a few trolls who just enjoy winding folk up.

Just wow . [emoji17]

That's what we all think about every post you submit

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also on August 21, the defence withdrew a request to the court to have DNA tests re-taken on prosecution evidence. Up to that point defence lawyers had said that this was central to their case.

http://www.mmtimes.com/index.php/national-news/16198-thai-police-confirm-british-cooperation-in-koh-tao-case.html

Seems to me, that when the defence saw that the DNA evidence implicated the B2 as being the murderers, they suddenly lost interest in this as it was so damaging to their cause rather than being able to aid it as hoped. In the first instance, they were screaming to high heaven to be allowed to see the DNA evidence, then all of the sudden they mysteriously buried it once they had been allowed to view it and it was to pay no more of a role in the defence case from this point on!!

I think that it was at this point that they realised that they were 'well and truly sunk' and facing the inevitable truth that the B2 were in fact guilty and facing the gallows. The judges could see through the ruses that proliferated the defence teams case and dismissed them one by one, preferring to look at real hard evidence as supplied by the prosecutors.

That's right. And everyone thought andy hall would go off to see the British coroner and get the bombshell evidence to exonerate the b2. But bam another dead end. And after much hallabaloo for the brits to share information. A British judge went through their reports and politely told andy there is nothing here that would help your case. We cannot give information as it might lead to the death penalty. It will be interesting to see how they will defend the concealment charge. "I was casually walking along the beach at 5am looking for my shoes that were left near a double murder. I looked down and there was a telephone, so I picked it up and took it home ".

"Then I heard about these murders that I know nothing about. So I tried to get rid of the phone, because it might belong to the victim "

"But I wasn't trying to hide it,I don't know who the phone belongs to "

Mr Justice Green’s reviewed the British police report not the coroners'. He was asked to consider whether the report (the purpose of which was to provide reassurance to the families of the victims about the investigation being conducted by the Thai authorities) should be released. This release would have breached the agreement under which the MPS were allowed to "observe" and thus would have caused severe damage to future police cooperation between the UK and Thailand.

Have you actually read his decision? If so you might recall that he stated he considered the way in which he had been required to form a judgement to be "deeply unsatisfactory"

Edited by phuketandsee

since there are many accusations about the integrety of the DNA testing and results and the judge has asserted that the conviction was based on the DNA tests and a couple of posters on here also claim that the defence team refused to retest and that all original samples are still available, there seems to be a very obvious and simple solution.

If the defence team refused why didn't the prosecution/police have the DNA retested independently "from the original samples" (that some here claim they still have) at the Central Institute of Forensic Science a department of the ministry of justice in Bangkok, wouldn't that have removed once and for all the speculation surrounding the DNA, if the defence as claimed refused to do this then surely this would have been a slam dunk for the prosecution

Pretty simple really unless they had something to hide

so none of the hangem high brigade got any comment about my post ? lol

also since you constantly post about how the defence refused to retest the DNA I thought this Idea would be one you would approve

unless of course the DNA evidence was fabricated and nothing of the claimed original samples exist to have indepently retested

the silence is deafening

I rest my case

The Myanmar government have officially now requested a fundamental review and investigation of this case through diplomatic channels with foreign media as observers, that would ultimately involve a complete independent retesting of all evidence

If the Thai government agree to this (I don't see how they can refuse) then we may just see some truths emerge

Edited by smedly

Mon front row in the crime scene. @10 seconds.

Mon stepping over Police barrier to enter a closed crime scene:

Uncle Fixit dispatched to the crime scene without delay. Who sent him and why? What was his business there? Curious onlooker? Concerned citizen? Forensics expert? So many other questions that will likely go unanswered.

Mon was on the scene at approx 6.10am it is reported with another policeman going on O's Testimony .

Police Lieutenant Jakkapan Kaewkao testified he was first policeman on the scene at 6.35am after getting a call at 6.30am.

Why did it take almost an hour to get the police on the scene when they were only 5 minutes away ?

Timeline

5.40am "O testified he found bodies must have called Mon

5.30am Doctor Testified this was the estimated time of the deaths.

6.10 am O was approached by the resort’s boss and a policeman who told him to put on a pair of gloves and return it to the scene, which he did.

6.30am Police Lieutenant Jakkapan Kaewkao, said he received a call by a fellow officer.

6.35am Police Lieutenant Jakkapan Kaewkao arrived at the beach and swiftly cordoned off the area.

8.00 am Dr Chasit Yoohat comes to the scene.

9.00 am Dr Chasit Yoohat left the scene

10am Dr Chasit Yoohat returned when he examined the bodies.

These guys were as innocent as they come. And most of us know who committed the crime. And he is free as a jaybird. Want to take wagers on how long it is until his next victims will fall?

I won't be one of them as I shall never again set foot on that wretched island.

My heart goes out to those two youngsters for whatever little it is worth.

They've got a history for bragging about murders on that very same, fairly small island. The Banns murder didn't save any time bragging about it. It's a shame as it's a nice spot, but as the place gets built up more, and they do things like this, there will come a time when it's totally deserted, with litter everywhere and not a fish in sight.

I think this obvious travesty demonstrates how different people are from where most of us are from---i.e. better. I really do think they could destroy their country if they keep doing idiotic things as it's excellent for propaganda and if someone decides to invade and steal everything, they'll have infinite pretexts, which will be used to manufacture support of the public. I can't see their military putting up any fight what so ever when at some stage this happens.

Does anyone recall the battle of Prachuap? It started at 3am, and the Thais surrendered by noon. It would be a piece of cake for any country with any power to take over quickly.

At about 03:00 on 8 December 1941, the 2nd Battalion, 143rd Infantry Regiment, 55th Division of the Imperial Japanese Army, under the command of Major Kisoyoshi Utsunomiya, began landing troops at Prachuab Khiri Khan. When informed of invasion, Wing Commander Mom Luang Prawat Chumsai of Kong Bin Noi (Squadron) 5 immediately gave orders to resist.[1]

The units on the airfield were equipped with six heavy and two light machine guns, which they immediately turned against the Japanese troops trying to surround the airfield. The small garrison of pilots and ground crew was reinforced by members of the constabulary and the Yuwachon Thaharn (a quasi-military teenage auxiliary) who had managed to escape from the town of Prachuap Khiri Khan after the Japanese had captured the telegraph office and the police station.

In regard to Dark Tao, I will never set foot on that island again, and I encourage everyone I talk to to do the same. I will not provide one baht of support to those five creepy families that run the island, and have gained hundreds of millions of dollars from the sale of land, with fake deeds. It is all so sordid, and ugly. It is a beautiful place. But, the place reminds me of some very gorgeous women I have known. Once they showed me who they really were, they did not appear to be all that attractive to me anymore.

^^^^

This.... One million times over!

I used to love Koh Tao... The last time I was there was August 2014 and I had a great time... One month later, two innocent tourists were butchered and two patsies were set up to protect the rich and powerful...

I would never recommend going there to anyone... Shame on the rest of the people on that island who know what happened and do not say anything about it... To the dive schools who cash in, to the bar owners... Every damn one of them...

Reading through the last 10 pages of this thread, I really have to question the motives of some of the posters ... what/whose business interests are you trying to protect exactly? The same ones as the RTP?

imo some, including Westerners, are protecting their own businesses and lifestyles on the island as well as gaining favour protecting the true killers as they have no morals and are happy to be shills and subservient to cold blooded killers, money could be changing hands - may even think they're pals but they'd be thrown under the bus before you could say boo to a goose if any situation ever required it. Some others outside of the island possibly paid shills or have links to RTP etc. and finally there's probably a few trolls who just enjoy winding folk up.

Do you honestly believe that the posters who believe that the B2 are guilty, hold interests on Koh Tao or have mates that were involved in the murder and rape?

I for one have never been to Koh Tao and I wouldn't mind betting that all of the other posters you refer to as shills haven't either!!

Stop being childish, I think that you have business interests in Myanmar or know the B2 and that's why you are trying to save them - please deny this is the case!!

Yes I believe that one or two vocal posters on here have interests on Koh Tao and are protecting those interests and the true culprits. Happy?

Name them so they can refute this, if you don't, then drop it as it is unfair and possibly libelous!!

When you look at other crime scenes in Thailand , I am not surprised that Mon was able to walk around , after all he is the bar owner on that beach and he knew the police , everyone know eachother in a small community like this. The question remains if he did it on purpose to get rid of evidence if he was involved or was just a curious guy as most Thais would be when someone dies here.

a bar owner - NOT the beach owner - NOT the police - so Thai? - right on ! disrespectful childlike curiosity - muddling everything that should be sacrosanct and YOU EXCUSE this?

since there are many accusations about the integrety of the DNA testing and results and the judge has asserted that the conviction was based on the DNA tests and a couple of posters on here also claim that the defence team refused to retest and that all original samples are still available, there seems to be a very obvious and simple solution.

If the defence team refused why didn't the prosecution/police have the DNA retested independently "from the original samples" (that some here claim they still have) at the Central Institute of Forensic Science a department of the ministry of justice in Bangkok, wouldn't that have removed once and for all the speculation surrounding the DNA, if the defence as claimed refused to do this then surely this would have been a slam dunk for the prosecution

also since you constantly post about how the defence refused to retest the DNA I thought this Idea would be one you would approve

unless of course the DNA evidence was fabricated and nothing of the claimed original samples exist to have indepently retested

the silence is deafening

I rest my case

Why would the prosecution want the DNA retested - they had already established that the DNA found inside Hannah belonged to the B2. Your post simply doesn't make any sense. The defence was the team that demanded retesting and then for some unknown reason decided not to. The prosecution had nothing to hide as they had already established what it was and when they presented this to the court it put the nail into their coffin.

Don't think that you are smart as your post reeks of confusion!!

ok do I honestly have yo explain lol - the key word is independent, therefore removing any doubt that existed, and since you claim the defence refused then I say a gain what a slam dunk for the prosecution, but then again they have no control over an independent lab so no influence could be applied - they would also have had to produce the original samples which you claim they have and I say they don't

also

The Myanmar government have officially now requested a fundamental review and investigation of this case through diplomatic channels with foreign media as observers, that would ultimately involve a complete independent retesting of all evidence

If the Thai government agree to this (I don't see how they can refuse) then we may just see some truths emerge

Edited by smedly

the silence is deafening

I rest my case

Bring it on!

"toes to the flame"

Does anyone know what Buddhism says about conspiring to frame two innocents for murders they didn't commit? And what about Buddhists who don't come forward to tell the truth?

For months and months I was convinced that someone would come forward and speak the truth no matter what, because their religion speaks about doing good and the laws of karma but it never happened. Strange.

So of 100's of people on Koh Tao who actually know what really happened nobody came forward with their story? And all out of fear? It's impossible to cover up a story of this magnitude on such a small island! So it's kind of logical that many people know the real story. There must even be farangs who live and work on Tao who know the truth, either working in the diving industry or owning businesses. That nobody sticks their neck out for anyone anymore is maybe part of the time we live in. Can't imagine someone who knows the truth would be quiet and let 2 boys be sent to jail all their lives or even killed for a crime they didn't commit. That's impossible

Now what if.......what if the B2, as I believe, did kill them. Then there wouldn't be anyone to tell the truth as there was no one else there. Could this not actually be the reason that nobody came forward?

Wow..now your really clutching at straws....The hoe that allegedly killed both...No DNA from the B2 .The shark tooth ring like injuries to David....The size of the two of them compared to David. The injuries to David which In my opinion were defensive injuries caused by someone putting up a fight. The fact that if they committed this crime why would they stay around !! The silence from the Koh Tao residents...why would they be sacred about talking about two in Thai people's eyes, worthless Burmese. The silencing of translators and press...What clout would Burmese have to do that. No injuries to the B2. The shameful reanact of the crime which clearly the B2 didn't have a clue what was going on. No Lucky, or soon to be not lucky when the true story comes out....!!

I'll never understand why people pay any attention to the uninformed, clueless Trolls. (Some who may have a vested interest.)

facepalm.gif

I remember the last time around, before the trial, two of them were outed as diving instructors on Koh Tao.

Never heard from them again.

Unless of course, they have changed their screen name...

whistling.gif

the silence is deafening

I rest my case

Why would the prosecution want the DNA retested - they had already established that the DNA found inside Hannah belonged to the B2. Your post simply doesn't make any sense. The defence was the team that demanded retesting and then for some unknown reason decided not to. The prosecution had nothing to hide as they had already established what it was and when they presented this to the court it put the nail into their coffin.

Don't think that you are smart as your post reeks of confusion!!

ok do I honestly have yo explain lol - the key word is independent, therefore removing any doubt that existed, and since you claim the defence refused then I say a gain what a slam dunk for the prosecution, but then again they have no control over an independent lab so no influence could be applied - they would also have had to produce the original samples which you claim they have and I say they don't

also

If the Thai authorities squirm their way out of this one then there is something definitely to hide. If they want the world to have faith in their justice system (because there is zero faith in it at the moment) then they will allow for an independent review.

Smedly I don't usually agree with your politics in other threads but you have been making fantastic posts in here. Keep up making the shills squirm mate thumbsup.gif

A senior police official was just on Sorayuth Suthassanachinda's evening news show on Channel 3 and he explained exactly how they found David Miller's phone. He said they knew quickly that it was missing from his body from information gained from David's friends and relatives, but this was not made public. Later, after the two suspects were detained and they confessed to the crime, police asked about the phone. One of the suspects said he had left it with a friend and when the friend was questioned he led them to the phone. He had become suspicious of the origin of the phone and he threw it away behind his living quarters. Hannah'' phone, had earlier been returned to her relatives, the officer said.

Now the Myanmar Army Chief has asked for another review by Thailand as the anger increases over this deplorable decision. Only you and a few of your shills who are being paid to bait are in denial.

Isn't that the same army that was recently accused of raping Rohingya women?coffee1.gif

I'll never understand why people pay any attention to the uninformed, clueless Trolls. (Some who may have a vested interest.)

facepalm.gif

I remember the last time around, before the trial, two of them were outed as diving instructors on Koh Tao.

whistling.gif

No they were paid so much money by the village headman that they are now confortably retired on the British Virgin Islands

facepalm.gif

whistling.gif

So, they were diving instructors on Koh Tao. What is the relevance of this can I ask. Is it a crime to be a diving instructor on the same Island that a double murder was carried out?

A senior police official was just on Sorayuth Suthassanachinda's evening news show on Channel 3 and he explained exactly how they found David Miller's phone. He said they knew quickly that it was missing from his body from information gained from David's friends and relatives, but this was not made public. Later, after the two suspects were detained and they confessed to the crime, police asked about the phone. One of the suspects said he had left it with a friend and when the friend was questioned he led them to the phone. He had become suspicious of the origin of the phone and he threw it away behind his living quarters. Hannah'' phone, had earlier been returned to her relatives, the officer said.

Now the Myanmar Army Chief has asked for another review by Thailand as the anger increases over this deplorable decision. Only you and a few of your shills who are being paid to bait are in denial.

and the phone recovered from the crime scene and put on display long before B2 were arrested what was his explanation for that ????? the one they thought was Hannahs phone

This senior police official is claiming it was Davids phone found behind the residence - there is nothing new about that, and I believe they did find a phone, the question still remains - which one was Davids phone, very easy to make a claim when the evidence was not bagged tagged and recorded properly

and the phone recovered from the crime scene and put on display long before B2 were arrested what was his explanation for that ????? the one they thought was Hannahs phone

This senior police official is claiming it was Davids phone found behind the residence - there is nothing new about that, and I believe they did find a phone, the question still remains - which one was Davids phone, very easy to make a claim when the evidence was not bagged tagged and recorded properly

The one that had the same IMEI number as the Miller's had provided through the Thai Embassy in the UK after the UK Embassy in Thailand were informed that they could not submit that information as it could lead to a death penalty.

And I believe the UK authorities have even more evidence incriminating the B2 but are not releasing it for the same reason.

PS: it was a black i4 by the way.

Edited by asiamaster

facepalm.gif

whistling.gif

So, they were diving instructors on Koh Tao. What is the relevance of this can I ask. Is it a crime to be a diving instructor on the same Island that a double murder was carried out?

That they had a vested interest in keeping people coming, making the island seem safe and organised crime free and keeping money flowing into their pockets from people who may have been put off...

The one that had the same IMEI number as the Miller's had provided through the Thai Embassy in the UK after the UK Embassy in Thailand were informed that they could not submit that information as it could lead to a death penalty.

And I believe the UK authorities have even more evidence incriminating the B2 but are not releasing it for the same reason.

Its not a difficult question and you are being deliberately obtuse which makes me wonder about your motivation

So which is which phone.. Did the police originally find David's phone on the morning or 15 September, the one they paraded on TV (they claimed it was Hannah's at the time)..

or did they find David's phone near the residence of the 2 Burmese men?

evadgib, on 27 Dec 2015 - 06:31, said:

Can someone please post a link or PDF of the English translation of the court ruling? I haven't been able to view all the pages on AH's twitter a/c nor am I able to zoom in order to comfortably read.

Re IMEI (Individual Mobile Equipment Identifier); Entering *#06# into most phones identifies each phone. IMEI's can also be retrieved from the receipt, original packaging or service provider as was likely in this case.

HTH

The English translation of the actual court ruling is not yet ready as far as I know. All that has been released to far is the initial press release which is on Andy Hall's facebook page.

facepalm.gif

whistling.gif

It's a crime to work in this country without a work permit is it not?

facepalm.gif

whistling.gif

It's a crime to work in this country without a work permit is it not?

In any other country, withholding information about a criminal case for personal gain is either a) aiding and abetting or B) perverting the course of justice...

Maybe the two former dive instructing posters didn't know anything... but someone on that stinking island does...

Its the worst kept secret in the world

evadgib, on 27 Dec 2015 - 06:31, said:

Can someone please post a link or PDF of the English translation of the court ruling? I haven't been able to view all the pages on AH's twitter a/c nor am I able to zoom in order to comfortably read.

Re IMEI (Individual Mobile Equipment Identifier); Entering *#06# into most phones identifies each phone. IMEI's can also be retrieved from the receipt, original packaging or service provider as was likely in this case.

HTH

The English translation of the actual court ruling is not yet ready as far as I know. All that has been released to far is the initial press release which is on Andy Hall's facebook page.

It is and I already have it

Get hold of the Scottish guy with his bloody guitar and he'll tell the world what he saw. Or maybe what he'd done?

How else do you get blood on your guitar? Oh, I forgot Miss Mable, he just shaved.///

Of course was he holding the right type of visa, a work permit to hit foreigners with his guitar and enough money to live a potfull life on the island.

Am I the only one who's got a strange feeling when thinking about this guy?

Edited by lostinisaan

This case is big news in the UK so they say, so please could any friends of Hannah come forward to declare ( in the UK where it's safe, and I'm sure the media will pay them handsomely) to say who gave her unwarranted attention, hassled her in the AC bar that night. Who did she cause to lose face? surely some of her friends must have been witnesses to any altercations. If not , perhaps it was someone not from the AC bar, visiting football players for example, or others.

PS: it was a black i4 by the way.

The black iPhone 4 that the police reported in a well known news website that we do not link to here on the 18 September 2014?

ETA : Also reported in the Daily Mirror on the 16th September.

Like this one?

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/new/2014/09/23/national/images/30243922-01_big.jpg

or this one?

****26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.****

This one here is the one the police said they discovered at the crime scene at the time.

http://i61.tinypic.com/5u1qw4.jpg

Strangely not smashed.. even more stranger, not found in 2Bs residence.

gosh.. what is going on here then?

Edited by metisdead