Merry Christmas

Shot

Spent much of Christmas Eve (from 08.30 to 15.45) at Phuket Immigration ....

And I have to go back tomorrow to recover my passport which is still in Immigration hands.

On the way to Immigration tomorrow (Christma s day) I need to stop by the Labour Office to get the paper to prove to Immigration I amd applying for a Work permit yet again.

Merry Cristmas ,,, not for me

And I have to go back tomorrow to recover my passport which is still in Immigration hands.

On the way to Immigration tomorrow (Christma s day) I need to stop by the Labour Office to get the paper to prove to Immigration I amd applying for a Work permit yet again.

Merry Cristmas ,,, not for me

Dont you just love the Thai bureaucracy.

Makes you wanna scream sometimes its that idiotic.

To answer your second question first, to find out how old someone is, you count years from their birth, not death. It is estimated that Jesus was born between 7 and 4 BCE, which would make him between 2,009 and 2,012 years old this year (2005).

Nevermind. Google helped me

Phuket town? I was there today to fetch my passports back. A bit after 1PM.

Anyway happy SantaDay for all.

This might be a good topic to ask of the different ways we celebrate the SantaDay.

When do you celebrate christmas in your countries? 24th or 25th of December?

In Finland 24th is the big day, when we eat well and get presents. I assume this is the same in all Nordic countries.

What is the main food for christmas?

Finland: large, up to 10kg ham is cooked overnight in the oven. The best part for me as a kid was to sneak during the night and rip large parts of the ham in the night.
joulukinkku.jpg

Christmas used to be very boring time for single people, but it changed about 20 years ago. Now the nightclubs are full with single people who wish to meet the special one, at least for one night.

I have been acting as Santa for my nieces when they were young. It was hilarious, how seriously they took the meeting with Santa. :)