New shopping district "Central Bangkok"

snoop1130

New shopping district "Central Bangkok"
By Suchat Sritama

30275604-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK -- Major hotels and shopping malls launched a new shopping district called “Central Bangkok”, aimed to increase traffic of tourist and local shoppers.

The zone consists of over 2,000 large and small business operators, including hotels, shopping malls and restaurants.

It covers Ploenchit, Ratchadamri, Wireless and Rama IV roads. Geographically, the area is claimed to be the number one prime location of Bangkok.

"We have set a budget of Bt1 billion for marketing campaigns, to be supported by Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) and Bangkok Metropolitan Administration," said Busaba Chirathivat, representative of the entrepreneurs.

The zone should attract up to 1.2 million visitors per day due to the campaign, from about 1 million now. The spending per head should also rise from Bt5,000 at present.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/New-shopping-district-Central-Bangkok-30275604.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-24

We have set a budget of Bt1 billion for marketing campaigns....

That area is already well known for shopping, so what is new here? marketing campaign for

the Mai Me and Mot lew replies you get every time you ask for something that is on display

for sale but non in stock? or that you can't find any size to fit foreigners?

Take your billion baht and spend it on improving image, knowledge of staff on what they're

selling and better stock to suits all....

What's your point about the people without electricity? Do you expect the mall builders to provide it to them? Instead of sobbing about it, why don't you take some kind of action on their behalf?

I didn't hear any sobbing from the poster, and I have my speakers turned up on maximum..

Asking a person "why" they do or say something is none of my business, since I'm not in charge of the world.

Action on someones behalf, is certainly an option. I leave it to them to decide "the when, the where" and the "how much".

My squeaks and reprimands mean little in the vast expanse of the cosmos.

I like "The Height of Luxury" statement should attract a lot of rice farmers hanging on by their fingernails. Just what the land of "Debt" needs is The Height of Luxury. Sure has a nice ring to it. They should install a people counting meter that counts customers carrying shopping bags not the ones going in to enjoy the air conditioning.

How do they arrive at one million people visiting here each day. Doesn't seem possible.

There are 10,000 cars crossing the Wireless-Ploenchit intersection ever hour. The traffic flow in this area is quit impressive.

Not sure as about that. The light may change at most ten times during an hour. And if what you say is true,its only 1/4 of their claim. And that's a full 24 hours of 10,000 per hour.

Bts goes through the area too. But they are, at least trying make it seem,that 1,000,000 visit these malls each day. Its just not true.

If 2000 businesses average 500 visitors each per day you get 1 million visits ha ha!

1. I buy a news paper

2. I have cup of coffee

3. I pay my phone bill at 7/11

4. I go to the bank

5. I have lunch

6. I visit HomePro

7. I window shop at Central Embassy

8. I buy a pair of socks

9. I shop at the supermarket at Central Chitlom

10. I have a glass of wine on my way back

This could be my typical day. You don't need a 1 million visitors to get 1 million visits.

There just seems to be way too many 'luxury' shopping malls in central BKK. The only people I ever see in Gaysorn are people like me using it as a shortcut between Chit Lom BTS and Petchiburi Road. Central Embassy is pretty much deserted every time I have been there. Even Central World and Paragon can be fairly empty during the daytime on week days. I just can't fathom how all these shops make money.

Out where we live near Ratchapreuk Road there are heaps of shopping centres. Everyone of them has numerous shops vacant. A really good example is The Walk where the 'second' section' or Market Walk has only two occupied shops in it. When it opened every shop had a business in it.

There just seems to be way too many 'luxury' shopping malls in central BKK. The only people I ever see in Gaysorn are people like me using it as a shortcut between Chit Lom BTS and Petchiburi Road. Central Embassy is pretty much deserted every time I have been there. Even Central World and Paragon can be fairly empty during the daytime on week days. I just can't fathom how all these shops make money.

Out where we live near Ratchapreuk Road there are heaps of shopping centres. Everyone of them has numerous shops vacant. A really good example is The Walk where the 'second' section' or Market Walk has only two occupied shops in it. When it opened every shop had a business in it.

I agree with your observations, but I think the high end brand name shops operate in a different economic universe than the rest of us and fact is that they do make money.

Many moons ago I use to date girls at the Hugo Boss and the Louis Vuitton shops at Gaysorn. The Louis Vuitton shop had a revenue of 10 million baht/month back then.

The Hugo Boss girl told me about a Russian that walked in and bought 200,000 baht clothing for his sons birthday. When she offered to fill in the tax-free returns forms, he just declined.

Central Embassy have a VIP membership cards if you spend for more than 3 million baht. They already have 300 members.

Central Chitlom is the most profitable center of all of them.

If 2000 businesses average 500 visitors each per day you get 1 million visits ha ha!

1. I buy a news paper

2. I have cup of coffee

4. I go to the bank

5. I have lunch

6. I visit HomePro

8. I buy a pair of socks

This could be my typical day. You don't need a 1 million visitors to get 1 million visits.

And all that cost you is an average of 5000 Baht ?

1. I buy a news paper

2. I have cup of coffee

4. I go to the bank

5. I have lunch

6. I visit HomePro

8. I buy a pair of socks

And all that cost you is an average of 5000 Baht ?

Nope, but that is the beauty of average. The guy in the red Ferrari in front of Central Embassy probably bring the average up a bit.

That said, on some day I bring the average up and do a home delivery from Central Chitlom.

Every mall in Bangkok has exactly the same stores tucked away inside them. It's weird con trick, for the life of me I can't see how they all stay in business

No. No they don't. Go in MBK, then Paragon, then Terminal 21, for example, and you'll see how ridiculous that statement is.

1. I buy a news paper

2. I have cup of coffee

4. I go to the bank

5. I have lunch

6. I visit HomePro

8. I buy a pair of socks

You pay your phone bill, go to the bank, go to Homepro and buy socks every day ?

Well I'm sure it's fun but do you never go to a massage parlour or a convivial alehouse ?

Every mall in Bangkok has exactly the same stores tucked away inside them. It's weird con trick, for the life of me I can't see how they all stay in business

No. No they don't. Go in MBK, then Paragon, then Terminal 21, for example, and you'll see how ridiculous that statement is.

Its not really ridiculous.

Its not really ridiculous.
Quite right taony, but let's put it a simpler way for the cyclist.You don't only see the same names in every mall, but the same big names are in pretty much every mall and you have to wonder how they survive as they do not seem to do much business at all.

Well, one poster seems to have first-hand knowledge of good sales at some of the high-end stores. I guess that at their prices, it doesn't take many sales to pay the rent. BTW, one of the nicest new malls in Bangkok is Emquartier which seems to have lower prices than Central both in the Gourmet Food store and in the basement food court. It has nice seating as well. IMHO, it's ambience is much nicer than that of the Central Embassy EatThai food court.