New Gear

kannot

Been promising myself some real biker gear for sometime now but hadnt had the time to get round to it.anyway long story short "Paddock" in BKK ( as I was up that way) supplied the trousers and jacket.

I was a bit worried the leather would be too hot but its very well perforated and having gone out today it lets plenty of air thru and has good elbow/shoulder protection.

The trousers, I didnt want leather so got some of those padded knee (with kevlar inserts in) and hip jeans much more comfortable than leather trousers.

Ok it wasnt cheap but neither is my skin.

Shoes I got in the UK also didnt want boots as too hot and these are well reinforced TCX ( size 12 hoof)

Thats my reccommendation, all very comfortable and a good fit for me 5'11 78kg

Edited by kannot

great looking, but looks as hot as hell.....

It really wasnt too hot and today here it was about 35c Pranburi, its got lots of perforations and arms insets are a stretchy material not leather, this runs round to the sides also so the air can get in at the front and out at the sides and back of shoulders.

Id rather have this than the mesh things which seem really flimsy a test on this jacket here

Ive found the heat the CBR650 gives off will burn your legs if you have only short trousers on and the jeans were also fine.

got some boots like that myself but alpine stars super comfy,i can't be wearing jeans here way to hot prefer vented textile but obviously not aswell protected,gear looks good ...what about gloves they are pretty important hands always go out first in a off.

looks good but do they make that gear in mens sizes ?

Yes, I bought a jacket and trousers from the Paddock, cost about 9000 Bt for both, lady helped me to make sure they fitted ok.

I am six ft tall, 75 Ks, and could have got bigger. Good luck.

Does anyone know where I can buy RST boots, the missus has an idea that she wants a pair.

Don't know if you mean the short or long length boots,, I bought a pair of these RST boots off eBay uk shop, unsure where you can pick them up here,, they actually feel more comfortable to wear than any of my Nike or adidas trainers that I normally wear, in my opinion good ankle, side, sole and toe support

post-100183-14512256001657_thumb.jpg

Edited by jonnyscot

Does anyone know where I can buy RST boots, the missus has an idea that she wants a pair.

Don't know if you mean the short or long length boots,, I bought a pair of these RST boots off eBay uk shop, unsure where you can pick them up here,, they actually feel more comfortable to wear than any of my Nike or adidas trainers that I normally wear, in my opinion good heel, side, sole and toe support

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect PRO1451225595.148712.jpg

Nope .. Racing boots, something with some ankle support, she won't wear mx boots, and as the rainy season seems to be ending I don't mind her having a shorter pair of boots.

Festival superbike parking is like a bike show on a Sunday and she saw a guy wearing them and made her mind up.

Badass jeans are the distributors here, I will contact them - just thought easier to ask here first.

Edited by recom273

got some boots like that myself but alpine stars super comfy,i can't be wearing jeans here way to hot prefer vented textile but obviously not aswell protected,gear looks good ...what about gloves they are pretty important hands always go out first in a off.

Furygan gloves and Shark Carbon pro helmet

It really wasnt too hot and today here it was about 35c Pranburi, its got lots of perforations and arms insets are a stretchy material not leather, this runs round to the sides also so the air can get in at the front and out at the sides and back of shoulders.

Id rather have this than the mesh things which seem really flimsy a test on this jacket here

Ive found the heat the CBR650 gives off will burn your legs if you have only short trousers on and the jeans were also fine.

The heat at this time of year is not quite the same as what it will be 2-3 months from now. That jacket will be very very hot.

Rev'it do very strong textile/air jackets, I came of doing about 60, slid down the road and my jacket is unmarked. Available a Pandarider.

Yes, I bought a jacket and trousers from the Paddock, cost about 9000 Bt for both, lady helped me to make sure they fitted ok.

well i have the problem of being "generously proportioned"

192 cm (6'4")

and 120 kgs !

and i aint fat, i just a large lump.

Edited by moose7117

The heat at this time of year is not quite the same as what it will be 2-3 months from now. That jacket will be very very hot.

Rev'it do very strong textile/air jackets, I came of doing about 60, slid down the road and my jacket is unmarked. Available a Pandarider.

I have lived here for sometime I "know" what to expect re the heat, the worst days are 42c normally 36c everyday, this cool season is already "hot" the days I have been out have been 35c.................this jacket is not for town driving involving lots of stop start, have you seen the video? the perforations run all the way through it theres a lot of airflow.

60kph or mph?

"]
Nope .. Racing boots, something with some ankle support, she won't wear mx boots, and as the rainy season seems to be ending I don't mind her having a shorter pair of boots.

Sorry Recom, right enough these won't offer the support of racing boots,, in fact now on the subject I think my boots were described as scooter boots or something to that effect, they do offer support around the heel, side and front of the foot and a better alternative to those you sometimes see riding in trainers, (myself previously included), but nothing compared to those racing boots I imagine, anyway in my opinion perfect for me and the versys

Edited by jonnyscot

If your jacket is unmarked, you must have been sliding on your DELETED

Edited by seedy
language

What happened?

well i have the problem of being "generously proportioned"

192 cm (6'4")

and 120 kgs !

and i aint fat, i just a large lump.

I can empathise with that as I am the same weight but about 5 inches shorter.

Also, like you I ain't fat. I prefer the term "generously proportioned" around the centre of my body