Bangkok Bank Interest ?

I keep reading on this site that Bangkok bank gives interest. I have a bunch of money in it and get nothing. when I sent them an online message questioning this they replied "only have interest for corporate customers, not savings accounts". does anyone really get interest? If so, I sure would like the details so I can confront the manager with it. they did thank me for being a valuable customer and keeping the good relationship with them...........

thanks

Jimmy

I get interest (posted every 6 month) on my standard, private savings account in BKB. No fixed period - it's simply the account (obtained without WP) i use for adhoc transfers from abroad and withdrawals at random.

I'm not sure of the interest rate, but a casual estimate says it is in the neighbourhood of 1% a year.

I get interest (posted every 6 month) on my standard, private savings account in BKB. No fixed period - it's simply the account (obtained without WP) i use for adhoc transfers from abroad and withdrawals at random.

I'm not sure of the interest rate, but a casual estimate says it is in the neighbourhood of 1% a year.

I can verify that this is correct. I get interest in my account too and it is around that .75% mark. Mine is a standard Bangkok Bank Account linked to an Electron Visa Card.

You should be getting interest and as you have online banking you will be considered as resident (only WP or Non Im Visa holders can get this, normally)

Also, you can get a forieign currency account, but i beleive you have to deposit over a ceratin amount - for USD $25000 comes to mind but not at all sure. So of the fixed rate baht accounts pay close to 5%, but i dont think BKB is one of the top payers for this - soe of the terms can be quite short too - 12 -24 months for this rate - but they are usually only offerred for a small time and better ones subscribed to very well. I recall kasikorn having a special deposit about 5 months ago and was sold out very quickly - best to read thai press to hear about these or monitor their websites, but i think thai press best as website updatign tends to be an after thought...

Any websites compate the offering from thai banks ? If not maybe someone could do that and make a few bob from it....

For all of you reading this you should run, not walk to Siam Commercial Bank. They now have a money market account that pays 4% with a minimum deposit of 50,000 to open the account. You can with-draw you funds at any time and it takes one day to go into your savings account. The savings account pays .75% twice yearly.

I keep reading on this site that Bangkok bank gives interest. I have a bunch of money in it and get nothing. when I sent them an online message questioning this they replied "only have interest for corporate customers, not savings accounts". does anyone really get interest? If so, I sure would like the details so I can confront the manager with it. they did thank me for being a valuable customer and keeping the good relationship with them...........

thanks

Jimmy

On a normal savings a/c you get .75% but if you open a fixed term a/c you get upto around 3.5%. You can withdraw money at any time. All a/cs can be opened without w/permit and are in Baht currency.

I suggest you simply call at your branch and "talk" to someone face to face. :o