Tour bus overturns in Khon Kaen. One killed, 28 injured

snoop1130

Looking at the state of the bus, I am surprised there was only one fatality, although it does not report how badly injured the survivors are.

What the hell was he doing with his mobile phone, whilst driving a bus full of passengers, especially on a major highway, notorious for vehicles speeding ?

Using a mobile phone whilst driving is the norm.

as is in the rest of the world...please be honest do you use your phone when driving? Honestly I have and do.
I was referring to people using a mobile here whilst driving, since it became an offence at home I have never used one when driving, pull over and take the call.

Or ignore it or turn it off.

Edited by roo860

Looking at the state of the bus, I am surprised there was only one fatality, although it does not report how badly injured the survivors are.

What the hell was he doing with his mobile phone, whilst driving a bus full of passengers, especially on a major highway, notorious for vehicles speeding ?

What was he doing? Just being a typical Thai bus driver.

coffee1.gif

Needed to check Facebook!!!!!! What a <deleted>!

This should apply to van drivers as well

"Bus driver Yutthana Ninkham was driving a 32-seat VIP bus carrying 29 passengers"

but this was a "VIP" bus with 3 empty seats. Lucky really because he managed to injure all of the passengers according to the OP.

Bet the passengers really feel "VIP".

Yes - "Very Injured Persons"!

as is in the rest of the world...please be honest do you use your phone when driving? Honestly I have and do.

There's such a thing as hands-free, even in LoS. And I am referring to vehicle equipment.

>>Police learned from survivors that the accident occurred when the bus driver, Yuthana Nilkham, stooped down to pick up his mobile phone, causing him to lose control of the bus<< Quote

Darwinism in action...........Not a thought given to the fact, that he was responsible for the safety of many other people.........

we Farang have to acknowledge and accept that responsibility simply does not exist in this country.

There's such a thing as hands-free, even in LoS. And I am referring to vehicle equipment.

If a Thai Bus Driver had to buy such a device, he would have to pay the equivalent of 3 months salary

I have seen many drivers using their cell phones, and especially on the mini buses that

I take from Bangkok to Hua Hin, as well as Bangkok to Jomtien. I do not think that these drivers

could make a living without their cell phones as they are in contact with clients and other workers

of the bus company through out their travels. I have also seen some drivers texting, and that is

not a good thing to see when your bus is going down the highway at 110KMs.

I feel sorry for these people on this tour bus who had their lives affected by this careless

driver. RIP to the person who was killed.

Geezer

I get the impression that it's the tour buses - the cowboy companies - that have all the crashes and that government (blue) bus crashes are rare. I have always supposed that those government bus drivers have some degree of training/discipline/work ethic (at least they wear uniforms) as well as regulated hours which prevents them falling asleep.

Anyone know whether the fatality figures support this? It would be good to know whether there are certain buses we can trust.

I get the impression that it's the tour buses - the cowboy companies - that have all the crashes and that government (blue) bus crashes are rare. I have always supposed that those government bus drivers have some degree of training/discipline/work ethic (at least they wear uniforms) as well as regulated hours which prevents them falling asleep.

Anyone know whether the fatality figures support this? It would be good to know whether there are certain buses we can trust.

I think it is more down to the individual.

He might be the best driver around, but if he is going to fanny round, looking for his mobile, he is going to cause a problem whoever's bus he is driving.

Unfortunately, this stupidity will not show up at a job interview.

>>Police learned from survivors that the accident occurred when the bus driver, Yuthana Nilkham, stooped down to pick up his mobile phone, causing him to lose control of the bus<< Quote

Darwinism in action...........Not a thought given to the fact, that he was responsible for the safety of many other people.........

He shouldn't have been on the bloody phone whilst driving, let alone stooping to pick it up when he dropped it. Was he talking, texting, playing games, FB, Line?

I see loads of drivers still on their phones whilst driving every day. Even less enforced than the wearing of helmets on motor cycles.

In Thailand, yes, I recently did a trip from Chiang Mai to Pai, over 700 corners,curves, s bends on the trip and the driver spent most of the time on the wrong side of the road whilst talking on his mobile, never again on a bus, I will either fly or drive myself.