"ritirement" Visa/b65k Income

Greetings,

Over the past few weeks I have learnt a great deal from reading this forum. One thing I have not quite got a handle on though is in relation to the so called “retirement visa” and the B65k monthly income. Specifically, when going for extensions, despite having proved I have this income, do you need to produce any bank documents to show that all or part of this money has been brought into the Kingdom? If so what documents and how much?

Obviously I need to bring some in to live on, but:-

1. Whenever possible I use a credit card so although the money is spent in Thailand I settle the bill outside the country.

2. I will be spending 2 or 3 months every year outside Thailand so I will not need much money for those months

3. Even without the above points once I complete purchasing my condo and don’t have to shell out monthly for accommodation, I doubt I will need to spend B65k each month.

Any helpful advice on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Greetings,

Over the past few weeks I have learnt a great deal from reading this forum. One thing I have not quite got a handle on though is in relation to the so called “retirement visa” and the B65k monthly income. Specifically, when going for extensions, despite having proved I have this income, do you need to produce any bank documents to show that all or part of this money has been brought into the Kingdom? If so what documents and how much?

Obviously I need to bring some in to live on, but:-

1. Whenever possible I use a credit card so although the money is spent in Thailand I settle the bill outside the country.

2. I will be spending 2 or 3 months every year outside Thailand so I will not need much money for those months

3. Even without the above points once I complete purchasing my condo and don’t have to shell out monthly for accommodation, I doubt I will need to spend B65k each month.

Any helpful advice on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

The essential document that you need to show Immigration is a letter from your Embassy certifying that you have that foreign sourced income stream.

Much depends on your nationality as to what is required by the Embassy, so I would suggest you ask for recent personal experiences here or contact your Embassy direct for details.

It should be very straightforward. :o

As said, immigration is interested in you having the funds to support yourself. They are not trying to say how you must do that. So if bank account is required it is just because the "rule" says bank letter and bank account. If you have an account and a matching letter along with the 65k Embassy letter do not believe anyone will have a problem with either balance or activity. If asked you answer as you explained above. The concern is those of younger age, illegal employment, and they do not have retirement extensions.