Work permit cancellation

Hello,

Last week i resigned from my working place.

the employer wants to cancel my work permit this coming Monday.

My visa is until march 1st.(multiple entry)

what should i do?, can i stay in Thailand until my visa expires? or should i leave Thailand as soon as my work permit expires? can i live and it will be automatically canceled? and come back on a tourist visa, or should i cancel it in the immigration?

Thanks in advance for the comments.

Avi

• If you have a visa you can stay until the 'admitted until' date that is stamped in your passport.
  • If you have a multiple entry visa with an 'enter before' date of March 1st you could exit/re-enter on or before that date and be granted a new 90 day stay.
  • If you have an extension of stay based on your work permit it becomes void when the WP is cancelled and you have to leave the country.
Edited by elviajero

Im not sure what i have.

when i was hired, i was in my home country. i applied for non-b visa there and came to Thailand.

when i started to work, the employer took me to immigration and there i was given one year visa until march.

if i have to leave the country, i must do it on the same day my w,p is canceled? or i have few days?

"Posted 2015-12-05 21:53:58

go.png

Hello,

I'm planning to travel to Laos to get a 60 days single entry tourist visa.

Will i be able to extend it in Bangkok immigration for 30 more days?

I currently have 3 entry tourist visa from my home country which is about to expire in few days.

Thanks in advance

Avi"

Seems you can't decide which visa or extension you are on :-)

so if i leave after my work permit is canceled.

can i fly to Singapore and apply for 60 day tourist visa with option to extend extra 30 days in chaengwattana?

Singapore would not be a good place to go for the tourist visa. They have denied applications if you have just left Thailand.

Penang, Vientiane or Savannakhet would be \the best choices to get it.

"Posted 2015-12-05 21:53:58

go.png

Hello,

I'm planning to travel to Laos to get a 60 days single entry tourist visa.

Will i be able to extend it in Bangkok immigration for 30 more days?

I currently have 3 entry tourist visa from my home country which is about to expire in few days.

Thanks in advance

Avi"

Seems you can't decide which visa or extension you are on :-)

5555, it was for my girlfriend she was on tourist visa.

Im not sure what i have.

when i was hired, i was in my home country. i applied for non-b visa there and came to Thailand.

when i started to work, the employer took me to immigration and there i was given one year visa until march.

if i have to leave the country, i must do it on the same day my w,p is canceled? or i have few days?

• You have an extension of stay based on working. Your non 'B' visa has expired.
  • Once the WP is cancelled the extension is technically void but the labour department don't inform immigration when WP's are cancelled. It is your obligation to inform immigration that the WP is cancelled and to cancel the extension of stay, or leave the country which will automatically cancel the extension (as long as you don't have a re-entry permit).
  • So you need to leave asap or go to immigration. If you go to immigration they may want confirmation that the WP has been cancelled. If you pay 1,900 baht they will give you 7 days to leave the country.
Edited by elviajero

Im not sure what i have.

• You have an extension of stay based on working. Your non 'B' visa has expired.
  • Once the WP is cancelled the extension is technically void but the labour department don't inform immigration when WP's are cancelled. It is your obligation to inform immigration that the WP is cancelled and to cancel the extension of stay, or leave the country which will automatically cancel the extension (as long as you don't have a re-entry permit).
  • So you need to leave asap or go to immigration. If you go to immigration they may want confirmation that the WP has been cancelled. If you pay 1,900 baht they will give you 7 days to leave the country.

if i the labor department dont inform the immigration tha my WP was canceled. can i leave the country on the day my visa extension expires? i can always say i didnt know, and pay the fine.

what are the risks?

Im not sure what i have.

if i the labor department dont inform the immigration tha my WP was canceled. can i leave the country on the day my visa extension expires? i can always say i didnt know, and pay the fine.

what are the risks?

Worst case if caught; you would be staying in Thailand without permission and could be fined (up to 20k) and deported.

I wouldn't risk it. Either leave or go to immigration and get a 7 day extension.

• 2 months later...

i have same problem right now. I'm planning to resigned this coming may but the school wont allowed me because i give only 1 month notice to them. But i found a job already but my problem is- how can i cancel my work permit without the school letter? can i go directly to Laos to get tourist Visa? coz i want to stop on may even the school will not allow me. any advice . my extension of visa will be this coming June.

i have same problem right now. I'm planning to resigned this coming may but the school wont allowed me because i give only 1 month notice to them. But i found a job already but my problem is- how can i cancel my work permit without the school letter? can i go directly to Laos to get tourist Visa? coz i want to stop on may even the school will not allow me. any advice . my extension of visa will be this coming June.

You don't need anything from your employer to cancel your work permit. You can do it yourself by submitting a cancellation form.

Leaving the country at a border crossing can be a problem if you don't have a termination letter to cancel your extension of stay (not visa). Flying out would not be a problem.