Tyre pump for home use - suggestions? (Chiang Mai)

SooKee

Looking to buy a tyre pump for home use for Click, NMAX, CB 300F. Trekking around to fuel stations gets a bit tiresome esp when the pumps NEVER have pressure gauges so I figure doing it at home with cold tires as part of the twice weekly checks better.

No need for state of the art mega-bucks version just something that'll get the job done. Suggestions re best place to get very welcome.

Thanks

Sent using Tapatalk

I actually got one at a bicycle shop. Has a pressure gauge and a t-shaped handle with a foot plate for stability.

Wasn't in Chiang Mai though so can't help more than this,

Does the job fine.

Edited by JaiMaai

I actually got one at a bicycle shop. Has a pressure gauge and a t-shaped handle with a foot plate for stability.

I have the same type bought at Amorn (yellow tube, black handle, pressure gauge), something like 250 Baht or so.

The pressure gauge is not too precise.

So I bought the most basic mechanic type for 50 Baht or so (pen type).

I verified that is surprisingly precise by comparing with the fuel station pumps.

Very similar model:

rhino-thiisuublmyaang-aebbsuubyuuen-run-

Pressure gauge, very basic but works fine (more precise than the one on the pump):

spd_20120210215539_b.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

Thanks. I'll have a look at those. Was just a bit worried that type of pump might take 500 pumps to put in 5 psi.

Sent using Tapatalk

For motorcycle, bicycle etc. it is sufficient.

I even use it for checking/leveling the car tires.

Filling an empty car tire would be a bit much of fitness training.

(I hope I got you right that is all about motorcycles)

Edited by KhunBENQ

I use one of the cheap vertical hand pumps from Amorn. It has never failed. The guage dial is pretty unreadable now but it pumps fine. I have had many of the foot pumps over the years, they have all failed in short order and they require a lot more pumping as their cylinders are of a much smaller volume. Even the double cylinder foot pump.

I use one of the cheap vertical hand pumps from Amorn. It has never failed. The guage dial is pretty unreadable now but it pumps fine. I have had many of the foot pumps over the years, they have all failed in short order and they require a lot more pumping as their cylinders are of a much smaller volume. Even the double cylinder foot pump.

Thanks for this. Picked one up from Amorn few days ago. Will see how it goes. 299฿

Sent using Tapatalk