Thai Expat TV

vogie

You should have got an email.

Happy New Year to you! As a special bonus for 2016 we have added 10 Premium Movie Channels for FREE to our Premium Package.

The channels cover a wide genre of movies including Sci-Fi & Horror / Greats / Family / Crime & Thriller / New releases and more. Everyone subscribing to our ‘premium package’ will now be able to enjoy a selection of 100’s of fantastic titles on demand with new movies constantly becoming available, at no extra cost to your subscription fee.

For 7 days we are upgrading ALL our subscribers to the Premium Package in order to experience firsthand the incredible range of additional channels in our top package. We will be offering a great deal to keep the premium package running after your trial has ended.

NOTE: The trial will ONLY be available from Saturday 9/1/16 until midnight Sunday 17/1/16.

If you have any issues during the next 7 days during the upgrade to our Premium Package, please drop our support team and email and they will gladly assist you.

[email protected]

But it is all a bit vague in how much it costs to continue with it if you don't have the premium package already.

As I read it if you have the premium package you will continue to have these channels at no extra cost,it's those with the basic package that will have to pay more and will only get the extra channels for a week.

Edited by stoneyboy

Is premium the 900 baht package?

Yes I believe it is.

Because they offer two options,basic for 600 or premium for 900 a month.

Pay annually and it is considerably cheaper, I paid 8,400 for 12 months, which works out at 700 baht a month.

Anyone got a Web address for this service please

Just found it on a Web search 900bht for what is basically free view in uk why pay when you can get all those channels and more free via the Internet! !!!.

Edited by Sutty

Just found it on a Web search 900bht for what is basically free view in uk why pay when you can get all those channels and more free via the Internet! !!!.

The beauty of thaiexpat tv that it is an 'on demand' service so you don't need to be up in the middle of the night to watch your favourite programs.

There is no such thing as free view TV in the United Kingdom.

A television license is £145.50 a year so I don't know where you are coming from regarding your above statement.

Happy New Year to you! As a special bonus for 2016 we have added 10 Premium Movie Channels for FREE to our Premium Package.

The channels cover a wide genre of movies including Sci-Fi & Horror / Greats / Family / Crime & Thriller / New releases and more. Everyone subscribing to our ‘premium package’ will now be able to enjoy a selection of 100’s of fantastic titles on demand with new movies constantly becoming available, at no extra cost to your subscription fee.

For 7 days we are upgrading ALL our subscribers to the Premium Package in order to experience firsthand the incredible range of additional channels in our top package. We will be offering a great deal to keep the premium package running after your trial has ended.

NOTE: The trial will ONLY be available from Saturday 9/1/16 until midnight Sunday 17/1/16.

If you have any issues during the next 7 days during the upgrade to our Premium Package, please drop our support team and email and they will gladly assist you.

[email protected]

But it is all a bit vague in how much it costs to continue with it if you don't have the premium package already.

As I read it if you have the premium package you will continue to have these channels at no extra cost,it's those with the basic package that will have to pay more and will only get the extra channels for a week.

Wow, that was a quick reply.

Only took you 1 minute to switch from one account to the other.

Edited by teatree

The beauty of thaiexpat tv that it is an 'on demand' service so you don't need to be up in the middle of the night to watch your favourite programs.

Yes I can see the beauty of that got round that by recording programs I wanted to see onto external HD. But yes I can see how people would like the set up you have is it via computer or a android box. They seem a tad expensive them self's or does it come as part of the package

[email protected]

Really,your imagination is working over time I'm afraid.

You couldn't be further from the truth.

[email protected]

Really,your imagination is working over time I'm afraid.

You couldn't be further from the truth.

Why don't you contact a member of the moderation team to determine if my IP address backs up your lame logic of my having multiple accounts.

Though I dropped their service halfway through the World Cup (19 channels only, mostly UK - so not interested, not good value), I received this email from them yesterday (as well as the one above in the OP). Guess they are desperately trying to trick people into paying a bill:

This is a notice that an invoice has been generated on 09/01/2016.

Your payment method is: Card Payments

You can pay the invoice using cash at selected outlets (see bottom of PaysBuy invoice for outlet logos) for more details on how to raise the correct invoice with a barcode please see the video below:

http://www.thaiexpat.tv/knowledgebase/34/Pay-using-cash-at-selected-outlets.html

Invoice #266524
Amount Due: 600 THB
Due Date: 14/01/2016

Invoice Items

Standard UK Package (14/01/2016 - 13/02/2016) 600 THB

Though I dropped their service halfway through the World Cup (19 channels only, mostly UK - so not interested, not good value), I received this email from them yesterday (as well as the one above in the OP). Guess they are desperately trying to trick people into paying a bill:

You can pay the invoice using cash at selected outlets (see bottom of PaysBuy invoice for outlet logos) for more details on how to raise the correct invoice with a barcode please see the video below:

http://www.thaiexpat.tv/knowledgebase/34/Pay-using-cash-at-selected-outlets.html

Invoice #266524

Invoice Items

6000 baht over 12 months is 500 baht. I don't think a tenner a month is too expensive. I suppose we have all different budgets though.

@vogie - 19 channels, of which few are of interest as they are mostly UK - some channels are either freely available elsewhere or subverted by torrent downloads (movies and TV series, eg). No, it's not expensive - but for just a handful (maybe six) of watchable channels? It's hardly worth the effort of paying the bill.

PS: The majority of those 19 (13, if I remember correctly) are UK channels (BBC, ITV, Channel 4). I'm not British and have little interest in the nuts and bolts of British life. Any channel that is of interest (BBC World, eg) is available elsewhere. So, bottom line - thaiexpattv is just clutter and pointless to a section of viewers like myself.

PPS: The bill is 600 baht a month, not 6,000 baht a year.

Edited by WitawatWatawit

I was disappointed to discover that the Sky movie channels they have added seem to suffer from the same over-compression on audio that the entire service suffered from when they first started up. The sound was so poor that I gave up and watched something on a BBC channel instead.

This is something they really need to look at very quickly if they expect me to pay extra for these channels.

Invoice #266524

Invoice Items

6000 baht over 12 months is 500 baht. I don't think a tenner a month is too expensive. I suppose we have all different budgets though.

Paying 1 baht for content they get for free should be considered 2 baht too much.

@vogie - 19 channels, of which few are of interest as they are mostly UK - some channels are either freely available elsewhere or subverted by torrent downloads (movies and TV series, eg). No, it's not expensive - but for just a handful (maybe six) of watchable channels? It's hardly worth the effort of paying the bill.

PS: The majority of those 19 (13, if I remember correctly) are UK channels (BBC, ITV, Channel 4). I'm not British and have little interest in the nuts and bolts of British life. Any channel that is of interest (BBC World, eg) is available elsewhere. So, bottom line - thaiexpattv is just clutter and pointless to a section of viewers like myself.

I agree if your not a brit it would be pretty pointless even considering subscibing to thaiexpat tv. But I am and consider it good value, one mans meat...... and all that. I didn't know the yearly subscribtions has been dropped though, but they do have occasionally offers though, unless that has been stopped too.

Invoice #266524

Invoice Items

Paying 1 baht for content they get for free should be considered 2 baht too much.

Thanks for sharing.

I was disappointed to discover that the Sky movie channels they have added seem to suffer from the same over-compression on audio that the entire service suffered from when they first started up. The sound was so poor that I gave up and watched something on a BBC channel instead.

This is something they really need to look at very quickly if they expect me to pay extra for these channels.

We watched a couple of movies yesterday with no problems whatsoever, so not sure what the problem is, sorry can't help.

We watched a couple of movies yesterday with no problems whatsoever, so not sure what the problem is, sorry can't help.

Not everyone would notice it but I'm very sensitive to that noise. I only tried two channels but I'll do some more tests to see if it affects all the Sky Movies channels and if I have a moment I'll put together a comparative sample.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree if your not a brit it would be pretty pointless even considering subscibing to thaiexpat tv. But I am and consider it good value, one mans meat...... and all that. I didn't know the yearly subscribtions has been dropped though, but they do have occasionally offers though, unless that has been stopped too.
I pay yearly.

• 2 months later...

Got a trial yesterday.Is ok on the IPad. Installed the Android player on my Himedia android box. Can login, see the channels, program list but if I play I get a black screen. Tried different channels but to no avail.

Make sure any other media player is closed before opening the Thai Expat TV app.