Justice Ministry coordinating with Thai Police after attack on homepage

webfact

Although "abroad" is a pretty big place, one would have to assume that they have a list of IP addresses that accessed the servers. It shouldn't take a jiffy to identify the origin of the computer (almost certainly some firm of proxy server or VPN) making the request. From there it gets interesting....

I guess you didn't read post #9 by JUST1VOICE ---neither the USA, British , German, Japanese and other governments with all their high tech protocals and equipment have been able to find or stop Anonymous‬ from hacking their sites . If those countries couldn't do it I doubt Thailand will be able to.

Although "abroad" is a pretty big place, one would have to assume that they have a list of IP addresses that accessed the servers. It shouldn't take a jiffy to identify the origin of the computer (almost certainly some firm of proxy server or VPN) making the request. From there it gets interesting....

I guess you didn't read post #9 by JUST1VOICE ---neither the USA, British , German, Japanese and other governments with all their high tech protocals and equipment have been able to find or stop Anonymous‬ from hacking their sites . If those countries couldn't do it I doubt Thailand will be able to.

Any access to a website server must come from a TCP/IP address. I don't see any other routable protocol being used.

If the server logs that access then that would be a source for the IP address.

If the local router logs the IP address, that would also be a source.

However, any IP address logged would almost certainly not the the IP address of the "user" but (as I mentioned above) be the address of a 3rd party device such as a proxy server (possibly TOR) or VPN. It could even be multiple layers of devices located around the world.

Getting hold of the actual "user" IP address would then be a real problem and would be slow, expensive and would almost certainly involve the courts.

Anonymous has released some of the data they got during the hack;

In total, Anonymous hackers have stolen 1 GB of data which includes documents, payroll, pension information, criminal cases and other day-to-day operations of the institution. After hacking the websites, Anonymous uploaded all of the leaked data to the internet

There is also;

Hackers from ‪#‎anonymous‬ have leaked details of gun registration from the Thai Courts of Justice webservers

Could be interesting to read if you are interested.

Anyone think clicking on the anoneemus website or that link is a good idea right now ? I don't. Your internet provider has a list of all sites you visit - even if you use a vpn which encrypts actual content. I clicked on a famous fazebook anti-govt page the other day, and my comp emitted three LOUD beeps i've never heard before....just because i'm paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get me.

Ministry: Justice "Do we have the perpetrator's name?"

Police: "Yes: Anonymous."

Justice Ministry: " And do we have the given name?"

Police: "No, but we're working on it."

Justice Ministry: "Have we traced Khun Anonymous' IP?"

Police: "Yes. The trail leads to some place called Antarctica."

Justice Ministry: " I don't think we have an extradition treaty with that place. What can we do?"

Police: "We'll announce to our Media that we've put in a request with Interpol for his arrest."

Justice Ministry: "Brilliant. Problem solved.New bungs all round."

I think you've underestimated the intelligence of the Police trying to identify the hackers, because the Questions/Answers should read :-

Ministry: Justice "Do we have the perpetrator's name?"

Police: "Yes: Anonymous."

Justice Ministry: " And do we have the given name?"

Police: "Yes: We are"

Any access to a website server must come from a TCP/IP address. I don't see any other routable protocol being used.

However, any IP address logged would almost certainly not the the IP address of the "user" but (as I mentioned above) be the address of a 3rd party device such as a proxy server (possibly TOR) or VPN. It could even be multiple layers of devices located around the world.

Getting hold of the actual "user" IP address would then be a real problem and would be slow, expensive and would almost certainly involve the courts.

Getting hold of the actual IP would probably be impossible, because the servers in the TOR layer, or where ever they route, would not be logging the traffic, by design.

In total, Anonymous hackers have stolen 1 GB of data which includes documents, payroll, pension information, criminal cases and other day-to-day operations of the institution. After hacking the websites, Anonymous uploaded all of the leaked data to the internet

There is also;

Hackers from ‪#‎anonymous‬ have leaked details of gun registration from the Thai Courts of Justice webservers

Anyone think clicking on the anoneemus website or that link is a good idea right now ? I don't. Your internet provider has a list of all sites you visit - even if you use a vpn which encrypts actual content. I clicked on a famous fazebook anti-govt page the other day, and my comp emitted three LOUD beeps i've never heard before....just because i'm paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get me.

If your ISP is still able to log sites you visit then you aren't configured correctly. Any request or traffic over the VPN is encrypted and cannot be logged by your local ISP (it could be logged by the VPN provider).

There is a problem with browsers which "leak" IP information which gives away your location, can't remember the name just now but there is a topic in the IT forum.

There is also;

If your ISP is still able to log sites you visit then you aren't configured correctly. Any request or traffic over the VPN is encrypted and cannot be logged by your local ISP (it could be logged by the VPN provider).

There is a problem with browsers which "leak" IP information which gives away your location, can't remember the name just now but there is a topic in the IT forum.

Not so. Any traffic needs to be directed by the ISPs routers so they will be perfectly aware.of the IP address. Encryption will make no difference

There is also;

Hackers from #‎anonymous have leaked details of gun registration from the Thai Courts of Justice webservers

Not so. Any traffic needs to be directed by the ISPs routers so they will be perfectly aware.of the IP address. Encryption will make no difference

Respectfully, you do not know what you are talking about. All your ISP will see is an encrypted connection to the VPN endpoint on a particular TCP or UDP port. They cannot snoop on any traffic or requests which are routed via that encrypted tunnel, because it is encrypted. Only the VPN endpoint can decrypt the data and process any requests.

The most they can ever log is that you made a connection to the endpoint. This is the whole point of VPN. If any of the data were unencrypted then the protocol would be useless.

Just think about the people who use VPNs in China and other similar nations. Do you think they would use them if their ISP was logging every site they visited?

Edited by Bench499d

Just like I said before, you dear Sir, have absolutely no clue how those hacks work. To get into SQL data you need to plant some tools on the server. Once you get the data, the tools are deleted,and all the logs are cleared. Been there, done that (to paying customers too). The way things work now, nothing is what it seems. With several obfuscation layers you can find several IP addresses and none will be the actual perpetrator.

Your reference to "...involve the courts..." is interesting, do the courts posses some special knowledge in network hacking?

These are Anonymous you're talking about. No self respecting Anon would use their private machines to hack. They have access to plenty of botnets and rootkit servers around the world.

Start hanging out on 4chan. Join one of theirs IRC channels. Maybe you'll understand them better...

Just like I said before, you dear Sir, have absolutely no clue how those hacks work. To get into SQL data you need to plant some tools on the server. Once you get the data, the tools are deleted,and all the logs are cleared. Been there, done that (to paying customers too). The way things work now, nothing is what it seems. With several obfuscation layers you can find several IP addresses and none will be the actual perpetrator.

Your reference to "...involve the courts..." is interesting, do the courts posses some special knowledge in network hacking?

These are Anonymous you're talking about. No self respecting Anon would use their private machines to hack. They have access to plenty of botnets and rootkit servers around the world.

Start hanging out on 4chan. Join one of theirs IRC channels. Maybe you'll understand them better...

"Plant some tools" I'm sure you mean the standard SQL tools.

Personally I'd go to the SQL console, check the backup schedule and take the most recent backup. Quicker, and cleaner and can be done with local admin rights.

I did not suggest that the courts were hackers, purely that they could order any log files to be handed over.

Personally I'd go to the SQL console, check the backup schedule and take the most recent backup. Quicker, and cleaner and can be done with local admin rights.

I did not suggest that the courts were hackers, purely that they could order any log files to be handed over.

What log files?

Oh you mean the ones that seem to be missing?

/******* Quote from Melyn**********/

/******** End Quote *********/

With all respect to your ignorance as I have highlighted above, I think now that you talk about Mircosoft servers. Well, nine year old scrip-kiddie can hack an MS server. No challenge there. Ever wonder why there are so few front facing MS internet servers? As far as SQL is concerened, I think you're still talking MS. No go there. As we are accessing the database trhough the webserver, we need to deploy the web tools, like c99.php or DarK.php.... there are many others, but don't bother searching for them on Google, You need to know proper channels to get the tools and passwords to operate them. The best tools come from Russia, and some most costliest too. Again, your world as MCsomething (as I percive it) is very much different from reality of Internet. MS just managed to brainwash you....

And you can summon all the courts in the world to rule and ponder and demand, but in the end it will amount to just sweet fa.

But Anynomous know all, they are the Legion....

PS @Admins:

I'm getting this error says maximum quoted blocks exceeded.