two t-bones

mascarabertha

Was it imported or local? I've never liked the look of the meat department there, but I've had some very nice osso bucco cuts and lamb from Makro on Hangdong Road, both Australian (and frozen of course).

The meat department on the Superhighway one always smells horrible to me, bad enough to put me off and go the extra few miles when I want to fill the freezer. They also seem to have a proper butcher's department at Hangdong Road with people who look as though they know what they're doing as well as a lot more choice. Maybe it's just me, but that's the impression I've always had.

you lost me at "steaks" on a Thailand forum

I was hoping this involved a bad accident!!!

but i knew deep down it didn't..

it's like sushi with sauce that disguises the fact that the fish isn't fresh..

we can all make that mistake ONCE...

once.

coffee1.gif

New butcher to open soon in Sansai called gourmet meats apparently will sell imported lamb and beef.

145/2 m 6 Nong Jom Sansai. near the dry cleaners.

Let us know when it opens as l could do with some good beef and lamb. Am sure a lot of local expats would be interested as well. Many thanks

Fresh papaya juice contains enzymes which 'digest' the meat before you do. So if you leave the steak in the marinade 24 hrs, maybe pink slime will result. All edible when cooked, of course.

You guys should leave the beef to MCDONALD's coz they know how to do it right. Grind, fry, between the buns and eat. Actually probably better nutrition than fatty Prime Rib.

Fresh papaya juice contains enzymes which 'digest' the meat before you do. So if you leave the steak in the marinade 24 hrs, maybe pink slime will result. All edible when cooked, of course.

You guys should leave the beef to MCDONALD's coz they know how to do it right. Grind, fry, between the buns and eat. Actually probably better nutrition than fatty Prime Rib.

Don't need to leave it to anybody else.Usually marinate about 3-4 hours so it's all down to timing and individual taste,like most things? 1508200.GIF

Better stick to the Australian meat.

Makro Hangdong has a good selection.

Grieves me to say it but the NZ lamb IMO at Makro is a far better quality than the Australian product.We sometimes get a leg and get the boys to cut it in 3 pieces.

Never found Makro particularly good for beef steak certainly not T Bone which is a cheaper cut back home. The butcher/restaurant on the Canal Road, French/Thai ? just before the Phucome Hotel , CM,

has excellent steak,not cheap but you do get what you pay fo,r especially imported meat.