Re-Entry Permit Suvarnabhumi (Recent)

Has anyone obtained a re-entry permit at Suvarnabhumi within the past couple of weeks?

There were various comments in the airport forum saying their camera hasn't been working and people have been redirected

to obtain a printed photo in order to complete the process.

Some mentioned having to do this as well as filling out forms manually, those who did so also mentioned the cost was 1000B

as opposed to 1200B charged when they do the forms and photo for you.

Last comment in the airport forum was 3 weeks ago, which is why I have posted here.

Recent "actual" experiences only in your reply would be appreciated.

Thanks.

There was a post a few days ago whereby someone attempted to obtain one but had the same issue.

The best thing to do is to take a couple of passport size pictures with you as others have already stated on here.

Edited by stoneyboy

There was a post a few days ago whereby someone attempted to obtain one but had the same issue.

The best thing to do is to take a couple of passport size pictures with you as others have already stated on here.

I prefer not to write passport size photos now. Many countries now use 3.5 X 4.5 cm photos which are smaller then the 4 X 6 cm required size. The old standard 2 X 2 inch size would be OK.

I have seen people turned away at immigration that had 3.5 X 4.5 cm photos.

I prefer not to write passport size photos now. Many countries now use 3.5 X 4.5 cm photos which are smaller then the 4 X 6 cm required size. The old standard 2 X 2 inch size would be OK.

Yes that's a fair point,but on the plus side doesn't Thailand follow the 3.5 x 4.5 cm photograph rule.

Yes that's a fair point,but on the plus side doesn't Thailand follow the 3.5 x 4.5 cm photograph rule.

Thai passport photos are done digitally when the application is done. Thailand has no standard size for photos.

I have to go back to Norway in a hurry because my mother has died. Is it posible to do the reentry at Suvarnabhumi? I can fill aut the form and bring my own pictures. I dont have time to go to my local emigration and I dont wont to lose my one year visa (six months left). I need to be shure about this Thank you for your answer

I have to go back to Norway in a hurry because my mother has died. Is it posible to do the reentry at Suvarnabhumi? I can fill aut the form and bring my own pictures. I dont have time to go to my local emigration and I dont wont to lose my one year visa (six months left). I need to be shure about this Thank you for your answer

You can get the re-entry permit 24 hours a day without a problem. Just be sure you at least have the photos (4 X 6 cm).

• Like 2

You won't have a problem just bring your photo. If you have time download permit form so your ready to go. Just note I have been flying lot lately and the airport traffic is way up. I spent LOT of time in queues for hand luggage scan and customs yesterday. Was talking to guy in line about how busy. He mentioned Chinese New year.

Point is allow plenty of time. Sometimes the reentry permit takes minutes sometimes longer.

Can I get a re-entry stamp at Phuket airport? Or in the Patong Immi office?

From posts I have read they only do re-entry permit at the airport when the immigration offices are closed. The best option is to get one before going to the airport.

Each to his own, but I always reckon that getting a re-entry permit at the airport is a bit risky. A delay in getting to the airport could leave you struggling for time and quite frankly I don't need hassle when traveling. Any problems (such as mentioned in this thread) and I don't want to lose my extension and have to start the process again.

As soon as I get my retirement extension I get a multi-re-entry. In an emergency I am good to go.

Edited by CRUNCHER

• 5 months later...