Bike Racing In Bangkok

2long

I've heard about a track behind Seacon Square that allows bikers of any size machine to go round all morning for 300B... any comments on this would be muck appreciated. I'm all the way over in Talingchan, though, so it's a long way. There is also supposed to be a track in Nakon Chaisi, too. Is that available? Any other onfo on tracks for fun, or even doing a bit of racing on small bikes would make my weekend.

Cheers

There are always a few bikers at the track behind Seacon Square on Sunday mornings.Mostly CBRs,Hayabusas and GSXs.Not sure of the cost to use the track though.Try giving Storm Riders a call,just search for their site on google.

Are you talking about a Velodrome or just some BMX track?

And if there's a Velodrome, is it real racing? I'm up in Chiang Mai but would fly down for organized racing.

Apparently it's a go-kart track in the afternoons, not a velodrome, so don't rush down.

Cheers, Skyline and congrats on your 100th post.

I've heard bike bikes go around, but am hoping there'll be plenty of 'baby-bikes' (Sonics, etc) which'll be fairer for me and far more fun. Safer, too.

Didnt realize that was my 100th post:)

Actually there tends to be a few Sonics and Raiders there.Ive taken both my car and my NSR round the track,its good fun!There is also a growing number of Super-Moto bikes there at the weekends,great fun to watch.

The Bira Race Circuit, near Pattaya, is also open for the public certain days. Mainly for big bikes and cars, not at the same time.

There are also organized racing schools there such as Taki Racing using formula Reanault cars.

• 4 weeks later...

If you are riding a mid sized motorbike, Seacon Square should be fine! If you got a SuperBike, forget it. Its no fun, and too small for that track. You'd probably go 2nd gear most! Nakorn Chaisri or Pattaya Circuit would be the ideal track for a 400cc up motorbike.

Since I retired my racing career, I now race in Seacon with my little 200cc KSR Pro Open. Will take part Nov.25th! Its so damm fun! I usually go on Wed. with Mr.Kai (Red Baron), we will also take part on the 25th on the Pro Relay.

Anyways, I think Pattaya Circuit is the way to go in all aspects and safety. The Nakorn Chaisri is in a swamp...lol.

post-24324-1163732710_thumb.jpg

post-24324-1163732814_thumb.jpg

post-24324-1163732889_thumb.jpg

Thank you, Emilio.

We have small bikes CBR150, Nouvo, Sonic and NSR and we only want to have a bit of cheap fun. Therefore Seacon sounds ideal, but not that near. Never mind, it'll give us chance to warm the tyres on the way.

Do they have any rules or regulatons about what people wear? For example, gloves, leathers, boots etc?

Thanks again.

Nov 25th is a Saturday, and we'll be at work. We'll probably go midweek. Is mornings the time for bikes?

Cool! What I know or have experienced is: If there are go-karts and motorbikes, they take 30 mins sessions each. You can always ask there, but not a problem. Just make sure no race events on the day you are going.

You can wear jeans and normal shoes. If you see my pic with my KSR, I got indoor soccer shoes, they are comfy for a small bike..but its not safe! Just make sure you got gloves and a good helmet! Then ride for fun, dont let others come and tease you or challenge you. Just enjoy your riding!