Hotel Recommendation

AZBill

Can anyone recommend a nice beachfront hotel that's not too far from Patong but not in the tourist area. Bringing my wife, daughter and son in law for a trip on our next trip over. Budget is about $200 U.S. Per night per room. Thx!

Best advice is go to agoda, type in you're budget and then go to the map to see how far out you want. Should be a thousand hotel reviews in that price range

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Edited by mcfish

If you're looking for absolute beachfront on Patong Beach, then I think there's only a couple of options: Impiana, and Patong Bay Garden. There are others near the beach, but they tend to be located just across the road (at best) from the beach, such as Holiday Inn and Patong Merlin.

As LiK mentioned, if you're willing to go out about 4km, LeMeridien is a beautiful resort located directly on a large somewhat secluded beach. You'll need transportation ( car or motorbike), or be willing to pony up several hundred baht to the tuk tuk mafia each way for trips to central Patong.

If you're looking for absolute beachfront on Patong Beach, then I think there's only a couple of options: Impiana, and Patong Bay Garden. There are others near the beach, but they tend to be located just across the road (at best) from the beach, such as Holiday Inn and Patong Merlin.

As LiK mentioned, if you're willing to go out about 4km, LeMeridien is a beautiful resort located directly on a large somewhat secluded beach. You'll need transportation ( car or motorbike), or be willing to pony up several hundred baht to the tuk tuk mafia each way for trips to central Patong.

Dave, the problem is that the OP specifically did not want in 'the tourist area'. Your suggestions are central tourist area, nice enough resorts on the beach, but it's very busy beach foot traffic past those resorts.