Why is CM Thailand Tourism office so badly managed ?

only1

It's a government organization in Thailand.

Not sure what you were expecting?

They print brochures and sit in a nice office.

If you wrote them then I assume that's by email or on their website. That means even receiving your message also depends on government IT people having some competence.

Welcome to Thailand.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

You just have to go there and ask. We live in Chiang Mai for 6 months a year and I go there weekly to find out what's going on as Thai Visa's Chiang Mai News and Events is hopeless for advance festival info.

I went there last week and they gave me detailed info on what, where and when for the Flower Festival and Chinese New Year. They were so helpful. Maybe they just aren't good with computers !!

You just have to go there and ask. We live in Chiang Mai for 6 months a year and I go there weekly to find out what's going on as Thai Visa's Chiang Mai News and Events is hopeless for advance festival info.

I went there last week and they gave me detailed info on what, where and when for the Flower Festival and Chinese New Year. They were so helpful. Maybe they just aren't good with computers !!

Then they should not use a website or display a email address.

Giving partial information is really stupid and not replying email is really rude. Very unThai.

You are being quite unrealistic (and rude yourself). Just go there and ask!

Why do you think I am rude or unrealistic ? Go there and ask ? I am not there yet and I need to plan my itinerary.

As a tourism board, they should provide good information.

Why do you think I am rude or unrealistic ? Go there and ask ? I am not there yet and I need to plan my itinerary.

"should" huh, who the hell do you think you are telling others what they "should" be or do?

Have a look at yourself, Thailand is not a place where email is broadly used effectively, it never has been. Perhaps you "should" know that and have more reasonable expectations, it is not a secret.

For those criticising him for not knowing that thais ignore email and sit in their offices it may be worh remembering this is a tourist office meant to provide information to tourists and potential tourists. We locals know that if we want anything we have to go there and ask the right questions but he is a tourist so does not know that.

As a tourist he does have the right to complain.

Welcome to Thailand. You will find the same service with e mail in private business also. You are new to Thailand and really naive. When ever you travel to a new country leave your should's behind and try to fit in to reality of the country you are in.

You will never enjoy it if you go around they should this they should that.

For those criticising him for not knowing that thais ignore email and sit in their offices it may be worh remembering this is a tourist office meant to provide information to tourists and potential tourists. We locals know that if we want anything we have to go there and ask the right questions but he is a tourist so does not know that.

Is the right to complain God given, given by some government regulation or come with the membership in some exclusive club? Other?

Edited by Dante99

Actually there is a complaint form on the TOT website which is where the OP should register his bitch, not here.

Other than that I could not locate any email address for contact but there may have been one somewhere. Is it possible that the OP sent them a real letter?

NORTHERN REGION THAILAND

TAT Northern Office:Region 1, Tourism Authority Of Thailand

105/1 Chiangmai-Lamphun Road, Amphur Muang, Chiangmai 50000

Tel: (66 53) 248 604, 248 607, 241 466 Fax: (66 53) 248 605

Email:

Areas of Responsibility : Chiangmai, Lamphun, Lampang, Mae Hong Son

that is the first post on Google for TAT chiangmai

Edited by harrry

"should" huh, who the hell do you think you are telling others what they "should" be or do?

Have a look at yourself, Thailand is not a place where email is broadly used effectively, it never has been. Perhaps you "should" know that and have more reasonable expectations, it is not a secret.

Why is everyone staring at a phone then, when they should be working???? Police, govt officials, shop assistants, waitresses, etc, etc???

Actually there is a complaint form on the TOT website which is where the OP should register his bitch, not here.

Other than that I could not locate any email address for contact but there may have been one somewhere. Is it possible that the OP sent them a real letter?

NORTHERN REGION THAILAND

TAT Northern Office:Region 1, Tourism Authority Of Thailand

105/1 Chiangmai-Lamphun Road, Amphur Muang, Chiangmai 50000

Tel: (66 53) 248 604, 248 607, 241 466 Fax: (66 53) 248 605

Email:

Areas of Responsibility : Chiangmai, Lamphun, Lampang, Mae Hong Son

that is the first post on Google for TAT chiangmai

Hmm, I did a different search, got to the same page but did not see that information on it. Did it twice. Perhaps my ad blocker deleated it. Thanks for letting me know I have something going on that I was unaware of.

Why is everyone staring at a phone then, when they should be working???? Police, govt officials, shop assistants, waitresses, etc, etc???

Are you suggesting that "everyone" using email when you see them on their phone? If so, I think that is not the case as I know Thais with phones that use social networks but never email. A lot of Utube type stuff too.

Are you suggesting that "everyone" using email when you see them on their phone? If so, I think that is not the case as I know Thais with phones that use social networks but never email. A lot of Utube type stuff too.

No sweetheart, merely suggesting that Internet access is obviously available, therefore emails are as accessible as Candy Crush. However, the weak minded and lazy choose one over the other.

So anyway, there is a lesson in here somewhere: this is getting a very minor thing accomplished from a government organization that actually wants you here, in theory.

Now imagine getting information out of a labor department, BOI board, Immigration, the transport department, the land office, the ... rolleyes.gif

It's pretty good early-warning on what to expect.

BTW CNY is over.

No sweetheart, merely suggesting that Internet access is obviously available, therefore emails are as accessible as Candy Crush. However, the weak minded and lazy choose one over the other.

Of course everyone is weak minded and lazy. That is why this is such a great place.

Dear OP,

They can't read or write English.

Why not send your email again, but this time in Thai.

You will surely get an answer.

Gee, maybe because it is an eng. lang. website and they exist for promotion of international tourism that is mostly conducted in the English language.

Love the subtle way of some Thai bashers.

Lazy, incompetent, corrupt beurocracy bashing is not Thai bashing. Live here long enough and you will see how things work, Culture as in the systems of patronage, positon buying and nepotism contributes to the often frustrating or at best amusing encounters we have with beuocracy here. An official tourist agency not answering emails about a promoted tourist event is a classic example.

Edited by daoyai

Because Facebook is more interesting than work, silly. giggle.gif

Anyway, I've found a new source of amusement; walking around Central, Robinsons, Homepro, Baan and Beyond and seeing the inventive ways some of the staff are staring into their phone. Some of them are really quite clever, others are far too obvious and will get caught very soon.

Government department don't seem to have any need to hide their social network life.