Spanish speleologists rescued from French abyss

webfact

Spanish speleologists rescued from French abyss

606x341_323884.jpg

PARIS: -- Authorities in the south west of France have rescued seven Spanish speleologists after 22 hours stuck at the bottom of a 300-metre deep abyss.

Trapped by rising water, the six men and one woman resurfaced exhausted, but safe and sound, rescue workers said.

They had been studying caves near the town of Toulouse, when they became trapped.

Another group, which was supposed to join them, raised the alarm when they didn’t arrive at the arranged meeting place.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-02-11

WOW! Everyday is a school day wink.png ! I bet there are quite a few google hits this morning for "Speleologist' laugh.png

My search led me to two beautiful new words to add to my vocabulary 'Speleogenesis' and 'Speleomorphology'. Your mission today should you choose to accept it is to try and introduce either word in general conversation with your colleagues this morning over coffee break. I just tried with the taxi driver on the way to the airport when he said 'you like Thailand?' and I just replied 'yes, I find the speleomorphology of the west coast limestone geological features fascinating'! He replied "no I support Chelsea'.

Glad the 'potholers' are ok ;)

Edited by Andaman Al

WOW! Everyday is a school day wink.png ! I bet there are quite a few google hits this morning for "Speleologist' laugh.png

My search led me to two beautiful new words to add to my vocabulary 'Speleogenesis' and 'Speleomorphology'. Your mission today should you choose to accept it is to try and introduce either word in general conversation with your colleagues this morning over coffee break. I just tried with the taxi driver on the way to the airport when he said 'you like Thailand?' and I just replied 'yes, I find the speleomorphology of the west coast limestone geological features fascinating'! He replied "no I support Chelsea'.

Glad the 'potholers' are ok wink.png

I always thought the modern day cave dwellers were just called "spelunkers," at least in polite conversation.

Glad the 'potholers' are ok wink.png

Chelsea ? Clinton.? tongue.png