Cheap (10k) brandname Tablet.

condo bought

My ol' trusty Galaxy Tab 8.9 (the cheapest, most basic Galaxy Tab there was, I suspect)

Is giving up the ghost after 3 1/2 years of solid abuse. By adults and children a like.

I would like to get a new tab.

not bigger than 10 inches.

Doesn't need bells and whistles.

Good camera.

That's about it.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Look at the ASUS Fonepads. I bought one for my wife and it is a great little tablet. You can get them in 7" or 8" for between 5000 and 7000 Bt depending on memory. Add a 32GB micro SD and a case for about 700-1000Bt.

From Lazada (buy it from an IT store and get it with a 1 year warranty):

http://www.lazada.co.th/asus-fonepad-8-fe380cg-black-1016576.html

ASUS Fonepad 8 FE380CG (Black)
Warranty Type: No Warranty
  • AndroidTM 4.4
  • 8" LED Backlight WXGA (1280x800) Screen
  • IPS Panel
  • 10 finger multi-touch support
  • Anti-fingerprint coating
  • Intel® Atom™ Z3530 Quad-Core, up to 1.33 GHz, 64bit

My Samsung Note 8 is very good for the price. Can get for just over 10,000 nowadays. Battery life isn't great but the best feature for me is it has the screen mirroring function which with a Samsung dongle connects via wi-fi to connect with the tv.

Hope this helps

"Might aswell get an Ipad, great standby, sturdy and will always get the latest updates."

My Ipad2 has a rubbish camera so that would be a good reason not to by one given your requirements.

Whatever you buy make sure you can upgrade the memory and add a sim card if you want to.

Battery life might not be as critical now as you can get power banks pretty cheaply

Edited by biggles45

My galaxy tab 2 10" got very slow so I looked for a good spec 10" with a good screen. I got the acer iconia a3-a30.Android 5.02 Quad core 1.8g Intel atom processor, 32g memory, 2g ram, proper hd (1900 x 1200) IPS screen, decent battery life and camera. They are £179 new in Argos UK. I paid £129 for refurbished one from argos. It runs much better than my laptop. Whatever you get look for 2g or more ram to ensure future compatibility with bigger appa. My wife has the nexus 9 which is excellent and runs the latest android version 6 but the screen is 9" and I wanted 10. If you really want to push the boat out then Microsoft surface is brilliant but very pricey

I have a acer windows tab 8"

32Gb and sd slot that takes up to 128gb

Not a scratch and 1 year old.

Windows 10. Btw am i allowed to make ad here haha. 2700Bht

Do you know what the Model number is ??

Is it possible to Android or Linux on it ?

I just checked it might be possible

http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-8-rt/win-8-development/guide-installing-archlinux-asus-t100ta-t3219187

Edited by gazzasore

Look at the ASUS Fonepads. I bought one for my wife and it is a great little tablet. You can get them in 7" or 8" for between 5000 and 7000 Bt depending on memory. Add a 32GB micro SD and a case for about 700-1000Bt.

From Lazada (buy it from an IT store and get it with a 1 year warranty):

http://www.lazada.co.th/asus-fonepad-8-fe380cg-black-1016576.html

ASUS Fonepad 8 FE380CG (Black)
Warranty Type: No Warranty
  • AndroidTM 4.4
  • 8" LED Backlight WXGA (1280x800) Screen
  • IPS Panel
  • 10 finger multi-touch support
  • Anti-fingerprint coating
  • Intel® Atom™ Z3530 Quad-Core, up to 1.33 GHz, 64bit

ASUS ZENPAD is the best for the value. Better to get it at a ASUS store. Central Plaza, etc. Under 7000thb.

Edited by Muzarella

Forgot to mention, there is a mobile Expo in Bangkok, runs until Feb.14. Not sure what's going to be new, but reports (see this issue of TV) say that there are attractive discounts, not only on new models, but also on last year's models as well. I'll not be travelling to BKK and I'm looking for a smart phone. Both of our phones are old, without cellular service capability. Although off topic, can anyone recommend me to an informative forum at TV, Tks.