Orangutan found in Phuket jungle alive and well, believed to be ‘Milo’

rooster59

Orangutan found in Phuket jungle alive and well, believed to be ‘Milo’

Tanyaluk Sakoot

post-247607-0-73823400-1456003799_thumb.

The orangutan found, believed to be the missing Milo, is alive and well. Photo: Tanyaluk Sakoot

PHUKET: The missing 13-year-old orangutan Milo, who “disappeared” from Phuket Zoo after staff dumped her in the jungle in central Phuket earlier this week, is believed to have been found alive and well.

Wildlife officer search teams found an orangutan at large in jungle in Pa Khlok, to te east of central Phuket, at about 7pm tonight (Feb 20).

“Our search teams found the orangutan after spreading out to search the area and after receiving a tip-off from local people about people they saw acting suspiciously in the area,” Piyawat Sukon, Chief of the Khao Phra Thaew Non-Hunting Area Office in Thalang, told The Phuket News.

“We have yet to confirm it, but we are pretty sure it is Milo,” he said.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/orangutan-found-in-phuket-jungle-alive-and-well-believed-to-be-milo-56302.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-01-21

They have a video on phuket news, she looks fine.

The problem isnt the phuket zoo, there's bad people everywhere in tourist business. The problem is the farang tour businesses/travel agencies that send busloads of farangs to visit.

If these "educated" people can't show the way to the "evil thai man(as is often said here because we cant blame the farang right?)" then how is it suposed to change?

Yeah theres Chinese bus tours, but if all the farangs stop going its going to make a big difference.

The scumbags dumped her in the jungle while still in a cage.

"An orangutan missing since Friday was found alive but inside a cage on Saturday night. The cage containing Milo was discovered in a jungle near Pa Klok Thalang district on Phuket island."

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1456029913&typecate=06&section=

Indeed scumbags. You know there was going to be a payoff, then Milo would be back at the zoo.

They have a video on phuket news, she looks fine.

The problem isnt the phuket zoo, there's bad people everywhere in tourist business. The problem is the farang tour businesses/travel agencies that send busloads of farangs to visit.

If these "educated" people can't show the way to the "evil thai man(as is often said here because we cant blame the farang right?)" then how is it suposed to change?

Yeah theres Chinese bus tours, but if all the farangs stop going its going to make a big difference.

So you are saying that the Phuket zoo people dumping(hiding or whatever) the animal in the jungle while STILL IN THE CAGE isnt "bad people"? You have me scratching my head with your statement....if that isnt "evil thai man" crap nothing is.

What about "MESO" the Orangutan in Pattaya ? Met her/him about 12 years ago.

She likes to swing. I'm bananas about her.

My first intimate inter-species encounter.

Anyone have first hand knowledge if she is still working ?

orangutan-dress_2005798i.jpg

Check out the only gogo in Jomtien. many look about the samegiggle.gif