Non Immigrant O - For Visiting Family And Friends

Hi

Trying to figure out my options here.

Can I get a multiple entry visa for visiting family and friends in Thailand - multiple entry that I can use for staying in Thailand for a year? I will need to leave Thailand 4 times?

The London consulate says this is one of the options, other UK consulates say otherwise.

My plan is possibly to leave Thailand (malaysia) and send my passport to the UK to get a non immigrant O. Hull consulate application form says you need to be in the UK when you apply for the visa. The london, cardif and burmingham application forms do not say this - but they do not have much info on the O visa - apart to say you need to attach marriage certificate if you are married (I am not), but if I were this would be a good alternative to the marriage visa? As there is no mention to have to keep funds in a Thai bank - and this is valid for a year multiple entry. Anyway, the London consulate site says you can get the O visa for visiting family and friends, but asks for supporting documentation - what is that? Perhaps a written invitation from a Thai - maybe I will use my GFs dad as he is something like a mayor from his villiage, maybe he can write something on Thai government headed paper - would this suffice?

Also I dont really want to travel back to the UK to get this, and am considering just sending it to a friend in the UK (from OUTSIDE thailand) and getting him to organise this, I can sign the application form which I print off the Internet. I guess he can then get my visa back and send it back to me in malaysia.

I am also considering doing the same thing with a business visa, as - I am looking for business opportunities here too!

I would like to know from British people who have the O visa for visiting family and friends. What supporting document was/wasnt accepted. The fee I beleive is still 90 pounds. Also has anyone got this visa from a UK consulate without being in the UK at the time, and allowed entry into Thailand using this visa.

I appreciate that if I did this while I am IN Thailand would be illegal and carry a hefty penalty, but I think doing this from a neighboring country is legal - but in another thread someone suggested they may not accept this at the border if they notice that I couldnt have been in the UK when I got the visa. I suggesting using a "new" passport without any stamps (put old passport in mud and get new passport) before trying this and FLYING into the international airport to get entry. The reason - becuase they may assume I have just arrived from the UK

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Hi

Can I get a multiple entry visa for visiting family and friends in Thailand - multiple entry that I can use for staying in Thailand for a year? I will need to leave Thailand 4 times?

The London consulate says this is one of the options, other UK consulates say otherwise.

My plan is possibly to leave Thailand (malaysia) and send my passport to the UK to get a non immigrant O. Hull consulate application form says you need to be in the UK when you apply for the visa. The london, cardif and burmingham application forms do not say this - but they do not have much info on the O visa - apart to say you need to attach marriage certificate if you are married (I am not), but if I were this would be a good alternative to the marriage visa? As there is no mention to have to keep funds in a Thai bank - and this is valid for a year multiple entry. Anyway, the London consulate site says you can get the O visa for visiting family and friends, but asks for supporting documentation - what is that? Perhaps a written invitation from a Thai - maybe I will use my GFs dad as he is something like a mayor from his villiage, maybe he can write something on Thai government headed paper - would this suffice?

Also I dont really want to travel back to the UK to get this, and am considering just sending it to a friend in the UK (from OUTSIDE thailand) and getting him to organise this, I can sign the application form which I print off the Internet. I guess he can then get my visa back and send it back to me in malaysia.

I am also considering doing the same thing with a business visa, as - I am looking for business opportunities here too!

I would like to know from British people who have the O visa for visiting family and friends. What supporting document was/wasnt accepted. The fee I beleive is still 90 pounds. Also has anyone got this visa from a UK consulate without being in the UK at the time, and allowed entry into Thailand using this visa.

I appreciate that if I did this while I am IN Thailand would be illegal and carry a hefty penalty, but I think doing this from a neighboring country is legal - but in another thread someone suggested they may not accept this at the border if they notice that I couldnt have been in the UK when I got the visa. I suggesting using a "new" passport without any stamps (put old passport in mud and get new passport) before trying this and FLYING into the international airport to get entry. The reason - becuase they may assume I have just arrived from the UK

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Do Embassies in SE Asia issue full passports to Brits? I understand that they usually issue a 'Transit' Passport for use for travelling back to country of origin (the purpose being to apply and recieve the proper passport there). This transit passport is reputadly only a couple of visa pages thick!

Can someone please clarify if the British Embassy in Thailand etc issues full page passports. As I would hate to think that guys trying this loop are left standing at the embassy with a naff passport with only a few pages for visas!

Hi

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

You will have some explanation to do to the Malaysian border immigration when you leave with a new passport and no entry stamps but it might be doable

Wouldn't it be cheaper to fly to the UK and be 'safe' ?

Edited by Krub

Do Embassies in SE Asia issue full passports to Brits?

YES THEY MOST CERTASINLY DO, I HAVE JUST GOT ONE FROM BKK MY FRIEND (BRITISH) GOT A NEW ONE IN KL 3 MONTHS AGO

MM

I can also verify that the British embassy in Bangkok issue full passports. I was here on the 30 day exemption visa and was issued a full 48 page passport upon application.

Cheers, Rick