Suggestion - the 'We Love Thailand' forum.

SoiBiker

How about a subforum where those of us who like Thailand and enjoy living here can discuss things without the all-pervasive negativity that colours the rest of Thaivisa? It would be nice to have a happy place to celebrate the things we appreciate and enjoy about this country without the resident gloom merchants spoiling it.

How about a subforum where those of us who like Thailand and enjoy living here can discuss things without the all-pervasive negativity that colours the rest of Thaivisa? It would be nice to have a happy place to celebrate the things we appreciate and enjoy about this country without the resident gloom merchants spoiling it.

Agree!

If you did that, then a Thai Woman would run off with it and share it with her tuk tuk driving boyfriend , the Police would come in an arrest anyone who didnt have their passport on them and Foreigners would get charged more to get in than Thais would and other forums on TV just wouldnt accept this new forum as "one of their own" and the new forum would have to report to Thai Visa every 90 days .

Good idea, however a Moderator would have to be on permanent duty in that Forum because as soon as it's opened the "resident gloom merchants" (as you said) will March in, and then it will be just like the General Forum

I really like Thailand and enjoy living there - in three month doses maximum - But my (Thai) wife is ready to go home (to Canada) after only 2 months in the LOS

After 3 months I'm ready to go home, where I can drink pure water straight from the tap

And not sweat from the time I get up in the morning until the time I go to bed

And kow tow to the motorcycles as they zip in and out without checking their rear-view mirrors

And not go to so many funerals ( 2 more of my Thai relatives died on motorbikes in January )

Does that make me a Thai basher then?

Hope not..sad.png

What a great Idea thumbsup.gif

Been living here for just over 25 years, have a PR, name in the Blue House Book and just loving it.

Will take part if and when it starts coffee1.gif

Win tongue.png

Good idea, however a Moderator would have to be on permanent duty in that Forum because as soon as it's opened the "resident gloom merchants" (as you said) will March in, and then it will be just like the General Forum

Most of the things about Thailand are very good, but there are negatives in every country, and you cannot blame posters for commenting on them.

But what you can blame them for is running down Thailand at every opportunity, as some are inclined to do, there are far more positives than negatives.

Personally, I will give my opinions as I see them, positive or negative, and will respect a posters decision to disagree with me most of the time.

One poster quoted a post of mine saying something along the lines of my attitude can get me deported, all I was doing was giving an opinion.