Tri Nations Rugby League

polecat

Have the Roos/Kiwis games been shown in any pubs? I'm desperate to see my beloved Lions get thrashed live on telly, but most pubs I ask at haven't got a clue what I'm talking about. Anybody know of any joint that's showing the games?

Cheers

Well, tried The Office but to no avail. 2pm came and went, then the landlord (?) came up to apologise to us and said the PNG feed was really unreliable. They had been advertising it all week, apparently, but no dice. A delayed 'as live' telecast was shown at about 10pm (from ABC) in several pubs, but the excited, pre match afternoon boozing had took its toll and I ended up back at Polecat Towers catching up with our latest drubbing on t'interweb.

In the absence of better ideas, I will try the Office again for the RL, but the no-show was pretty frutrating/deflating.

That's a shame. It hasn't happened to me before. Also a shame ABC doesn't show it live. But there really only seems to be 2 places with that PNG feed and thats the Office and Bus Stop so we are at their mercy I guess.

Have the Roos/Kiwis games been shown in any pubs? I'm desperate to see my beloved Lions get thrashed live on telly, but most pubs I ask at haven't got a clue what I'm talking about. Anybody know of any joint that's showing the games?

Cheers

Not sure but maybe at Down Under Bar on Sukhumvit Soi 7/1. Next to Nana BTS.

Large screen and good sound system.

Well The Office came through yesterday, live game with Channel 9 commentary. Fantastic!

And with the hangover subsiding, it's time to wonder if that is the best team Australia has got.

After all the build up, with the Aussie press just heaping insult upon insult on the GB team, it was hilarious to see such a shambles from the green and golds. Dropped balls, attempting to take players out with cheap shots, amateur defence - it was all there.

The Willie Mason aspect was superb. First he <deleted> Fielden, then nearly decapitates Long, then he drops the ball with the line open in front of him. Thank God he didn't get sent off!

Long, Peacock, Pryce, Roby, Ellis, Senior - all outstanding.

Can't wait for the Brisbane game.

I believe that the result was/will be similar to the last world cup. The Roos have already done enough to book a spot in the final.

A below average performance last night will make the Poms believe that they have a chance in the final, but the Roos will step up 5 notches and win the final easily.

I cant wait till we play the poms next. I guess the poms were due for a win against us.

We will win the next 10 or so meetings.

That lose will only make us play even harder next time we meet in brisbane.

Im predicting a record win for the Aussies. :o