AOT officially opens Terminal 2 building at Don Muang airport

webfact

AOT officially opens Terminal 2 building at Don Muang airport

BANGKOK, 9 March 2016 (NNT) - Prasong Poontanate, the chairman of Board of Directors of Airports of Thailand Public Company Limited (AOT), presided over the official opening ceremony for Terminal 2 building at Don Muang airport which coincided with the 102nd anniversary of Bangkok's airport.

In order to reduce the density inside the terminal, AOT has opened Terminal 2 which can currently accommodate about 100,000 passengers and 680 flights per day.

AOT has added amenities to passengers at Terminal 2 such as the Inline Baggage Screening System which allows passengers to skip the process where their luggage must go through an x-ray machine before checking plane tickets.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-09 footer_n.gif

After I checked my luggage in last month I walked towards the Departure area and picked up - almost by by chance, that you should check a TV screen to see if your baggage went through ok on the conveor belt. It was difficult to see your own luggage amongst all the black cases.

Someone kept shouting out in english if your name hadn't been called out after 5 minutes your luggage had passed the check. All a bit vague and uncertain I thought.

Maybe the system has now changed/improved.

After I checked my luggage in last month I walked towards the Departure area and picked up - almost by by chance, that you should check a TV screen to see if your baggage went through ok on the conveor belt. It was difficult to see your own luggage amongst all the black cases.

Someone kept shouting out in english if your name hadn't been called out after 5 minutes your luggage had passed the check. All a bit vague and uncertain I thought.

Maybe the system has now changed/improved.

Just went through that. Incredibly stupid system. You have to wait to see if they call your name, but this is Thailand and chances they won't be calling names on time and lots of luggage will be left behind. It was chaos when I was there AND they removed many check in booths for this syste., which slows down check in even more.

The upgrade looks nice but the check in system is slower and confusing.

I arrived at Don Muang yesterday. Totally confused. I didn't know where anything was and didn't recognise anything. I wandered about for a bit and finally asked at the information desk. It turns out I was in the new Terminal 2. There were no signs indicating this anywhere.