Indian tourists robbed as they slept in Pattaya hotel room

webfact

Indian tourists robbed as they slept in Pattaya hotel room
Thaivisa Reporters

p33.jpg

PATTAYA:-- Burglars made off with cash and valuables worth more than 100,000 baht as two elderly Indian tourists slept soundly in a central Pattaya hotel room on Tuesday.

Police investigating the theft found Indian businessman Hedwanee Bedbar, 62, and his wife in a state of shock outside their room on the second floor of the Bella Express Hotel.

Mr Bedbar told investigating officer Sukhathat Pumpanmuang that he and his wife had been out for a busy day sightseeing around Pattaya on Monday and retired for the night.

They woke in the early hours to find that thieves had entered their room in the night making off with 135,000 rupees (around 68,000 baht), 40,000 baht in cash and an iPhone 6.

Their luggage had been rifled and other possessions were scattered about. They were unaware that anyone had entered their room.

Police checked the CCTV but no footage had been recorded. They suspect that the robber or robbers gained entry through a balcony window. They have not ruled out that it may be an inside job or the work of foreign elements.

A report was filed and investigations continue.

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-15

"Police checked the CCTV but no footage had been recorded. They suspect that the robber or robbers gained entry through a balcony window. They have not ruled out that it may be an inside job or the work of foreign elements".......or maybe even just a blatant lie????

"Police checked the CCTV but no footage had been recorded. They suspect that the robber or robbers gained entry through a balcony window. They have not ruled out that it may be an inside job or the work of foreign elements".......or maybe even just a blatant lie????

Why would it be a lie?

It is not unknown for ANY visitor to falsify burglary/robbery claims in Thailand. It does happen anywhere but I think people visiting Thailand feel the lack of proper police work make it an easy claim to make.

On the other hand the crime rate against tourists is very high these days and this may well be a genuine burglary.

Why would it be a lie?

Er, uhm, Insurance claim ?

Why would it be a lie?

As anyone who regularly reads this forum will know, it is not unknown for Indian visitors to falsify burglary claims in an attempt to defraud their insurance.

I've read this forum for quite a few years now and can't recall indians being specifically mentioned for insurance fraud! like to back this statement up? I'm going to bet not...

Why would it be a lie?

If the city feels a person has been a party to unfair circumstances, then they have an Insurance fund to reimburse them, the Indians, Chinese and Russians have tried numerous time s to take advantage of it

Well an IPhone 6 is certainly traceable, get to it!

so is someone who tries to exchange Indian Rupee's at a bank,for cash you have to show an id which would normally be an Indian passport,look for someone exchanging Rupees with a Thai id.

Why would it be a lie?

As anyone who regularly reads this forum will know, it is not unknown for Indian visitors to falsify burglary claims in an attempt to defraud their insurance.

I've read this forum for quite a few years now and can't recall indians being specifically mentioned for insurance fraud! like to back this statement up? I'm going to bet not...

I agree I read this regularly and have never known this to be true