fix anything that is broken,not working,tidy up the garden,first impression is

so important,in many things and it pays off,with so many houses looking for

tenants,you have to stand out.

regards worgeordie

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can even use a bit of imagination and can figure OK I could get this painted..

But these are houses a Thai would rent for 10 - 15k TOPS.. And they are giving it the 30s and pay a year up front and I will take 2k a month off..

Its still for rent now.. 9 months later..

Its an odd mindset, and its kind of an odd market.. I get why people build what they want, sometimes its the only way to get what you want.

I have been debating the economics of putting in 8 or so small, quality, 2 bed 'retirement' type pool homes on some land we have.. Smaller but with walk in closets, wall mounted TVs and internet in each room done right.. Nice light fittings and a quality kitchen. walled private garden with BBQ zone... I really think they would command a solid rental price simply because thats what I want, thats what others I spoke to want, and which is so easy to find in Hua hin or patts and hard to find here.

Usual stuff. Complete mismatch of value/long term value/expectations. Continue to be amazed why anyone would invest in One Brick let alone a condo in CM or anywhere else in LOS. To be fair we do have a house in CM but that is in my Luk Khreung daughter' sole name. Not the same!

So I take it you do not consider that an investment.

I have a house for rent again at the moment at 30k. So far have had Thai, Korean and Chinese inspections, not a single Westerner.

The house is very nice and central so the price is reasonable, in the past always only had westerners rent it, but seems the demographics of those who can afford higher end properties are changing...

Rental is fantastic especially in high season. I really struggled to find a reasonable priced condo for a few months in jomtien. My own place is rented out in BKK on air bnb for crazy money.

However it's the TV crowd helping push up the prices.. A million posts all saying rent don't buy. Thank you TV people

Condos with air-con and covered parking go for around 3,000-4000bht 250m from KSK.

(with balcony and view of Wat Doi Suthep)

Yes and we have a pool as well can walk to KSK 4,000 bahts a month. Its close to everything. Government electric and our own water well. Does not get much better than that.

Condos with air-con and covered parking go for around 3,000-4000bht 250m from KSK.

(with balcony and view of Wat Doi Suthep)

Condo or bedsit?

That would depend on if you're American or British.

I am neither 40 sq meters thats all I want to A/C.

Thai landlords,never think if they clean the house up a bit,fresh coat of

paint inside,when a tenant leaves,their property would be much easier

to find new tenant, if you were trying to sell a motor,common sense says

you give it wash and clean up.

When a tenant leaves our properties,first thing ,paint throughout the inside,

regards worgeordie

Ah yes you have the secret to easy renting. I was renting from a German lady who did the exact same thing and when I had a problem she was instantly there. Her units are always full. You use the term common sense hmm sadly lacking among Thai landlords and at the end of your lease a fight to get your deposit back. I have heard many horror stories in my large condo dwelling. My landlord is Chinese living in China he comes once a year to collect his rent never met the fellow. My place is no palace little furniture but I like it that way as I have loads of my own furniture. I always hated the overstuffed hard furniture that most units come with I have 2 nice recliners I do like my comfort. Been here 3 years and and renewing for another 3 years same rent and all. Different strokes for different folks.

Edited by elgordo38

Thai landlords,never think if they clean the house up a bit,fresh coat of

paint inside,when a tenant leaves,their property would be much easier

to find new tenant, if you were trying to sell a motor,common sense says

you give it wash and clean up.

When a tenant leaves our properties,first thing ,paint throughout the inside,

regards worgeordie

Ah yes you have the secret to easy renting. I was renting from a German lady who did the exact same thing and when I had a problem she was instantly there. Her units are always full. You use the term common sense hmm sadly lacking among Thai landlords and at the end of your lease a fight to get your deposit back. I have heard many horror stories in my large condo dwelling. My landlord is Chinese living in China he comes once a year to collect his rent never met the fellow. My place is no palace little furniture but I like it that way as I have loads of my own furniture. I always hated the overstuffed hard furniture that most units come with I have 2 nice recliners I do like my comfort. Been here 3 years and and renewing for another 3 years same rent and all. Different strokes for different folks.

El, where did you get your furniture?

There are 1000s of new Condos all around C.M. Its a renters market .

Poster sounds like everyone needs to rush to Chiang Mai and buy a condo... then rent it out for profit.

I bet there are tons of empties...and only a few condo owners get positive gains...over and above their mortgages, condo fees, maintenance and management costs.

Edited by slipperylobster

Chang Mai has always been super cheap to buy and of course super cheap to rent. Every busted Arse pensioner in Thailand lives there. Try going to areas a bit more upmarket. Rentals are not cheap. Apart from Cheap housing there is no reason to go there it's a dump but still not as bad Chang rai though

Chang Mai has always been super cheap to buy and of course super cheap to rent. Every busted Arse pensioner in Thailand lives there. Try going to areas a bit more upmarket. Rentals are not cheap. Apart from Cheap housing there is no reason to go there it's a dump but still not as bad Chang rai though

Bitter much? Which sex tourist haven would you recommend as an alternative to our pretty little city? We've got museums, malls, temples, markets, etc. what were you expecting? Tourist information to greet you with a handjob at immigration?

Bitter much? Which sex tourist haven would you recommend as an alternative to our pretty little city? We've got museums, malls, temples, markets, etc. what were you expecting? Tourist information to greet you with a handjob at immigration?

Well it's not rocket science. Why do you think you can rent a house there for a few thousand baht? Sorry to hurt feelings but the reason is because it's a dump.

You can use my analysis for anywhere else on the planet. High rent =higher class of persons, it just the way it is

Well it's not rocket science. Why do you think you can rent a house there for a few thousand baht? Sorry to hurt feelings but the reason is because it's a dump.

You can use my analysis for anywhere else on the planet. High rent =higher class of persons, it just the way it is

Yeah, but no all the same. How much are you paying in rent where you are in your paradise of negotiable affection? Mine's 25,000 Baht for a 1 bed apartment. Not really "a few thousand baht" is it? You can rent for nothing (or next to it) anywhere in Asia (except Singapore and most of Hong Kong); it's not all a dump. If you want a better quality of life - pay more for it - on that we're agreed but having budget accommodation is a reflection of economics everywhere in Asia not on any given city.

3 lookers, not buyers. around where i live i would guess 75-80% of all rentals are sitting empty and will be for years to come.

Thanks for this post. I was thinking maybe CM isn't the place to find a rental condo.

Yeah, but no all the same. How much are you paying in rent where you are in your paradise of negotiable affection? Mine's 25,000 Baht for a 1 bed apartment. Not really "a few thousand baht" is it? You can rent for nothing (or next to it) anywhere in Asia (except Singapore and most of Hong Kong); it's not all a dump. If you want a better quality of life - pay more for it - on that we're agreed but having budget accommodation is a reflection of economics everywhere in Asia not on any given city.

I own a condo in Bangkok but I don't doubt you however you are the minority of TV members that live in Chang Mai paying that rent. Most people here brag about sub 5k rent. I'm struggling to picture a 25k one beder

I own a condo in Bangkok but I don't doubt you however you are the minority of TV members that live in Chang Mai paying that rent. Most people here brag about sub 5k rent. I'm struggling to picture a 25k one beder

Well the OP did not say it was a cheap condo. He just said he got more than it was worth. He might get 30,000 baht when it is only worth 25,000 baht.

Your 30,000 baht a month in Bangkok can probably be got in Chiang Mai for 5,000 baht a month. Easy to sit at a anonymous keyboard and compare apples to oranges.

Bedsit is one room with shared bathroom/toilet right ? .A studio condo will have its own bathroom/toilet.

I can see English isn't your first language.

Bedsit is an English word to describe a bedroom and sitting room combined, the description gives no clue to the type of building, or where the bathroom, toilet or kitchen is situated.

Condominium is an American word to describe a home in a vertical stack of homes, it is primarily a description of the type of building, with no clue to the size or layout of each dwelling within the stack.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

>>Bedsit is an English word to describe a bedroom and sitting room combined, the description gives no clue to the type of building, or where the bathroom, toilet or kitchen is situated.<<

You are wrong on that .Bedsit as known in London where i lived for many years ,was a single room with shared toilet /Bathroom .Sometimes the room had a small cooking facility ,other times a shared kitchen....English is my first language even though i am Irish .

Bedsit is one room with shared bathroom/toilet right ? .A studio condo will have its own bathroom/toilet.

I can see English isn't your first language.

Bedsit is an English word to describe a bedroom and sitting room combined, the description gives no clue to the type of building, or where the bathroom, toilet or kitchen is situated.

Condominium is an American word to describe a home in a vertical stack of homes, it is primarily a description of the type of building, with no clue to the size or layout of each dwelling within the stack.

No, condominium has nothing to do with the physical design of the building. It denotes a specific kind of ownership structure.

Gotta love this about TV. Never a shortage of "I think therefore it is". Everybody has different reasons for liking and disliking certain areas. I dislike the parts of Thailand plagued by hookers and rip-off merchants and the particularly scummy class of farangs that get attracted to them, cashed up or not. But CM, a dump? Not sure how that conclusion could be arrived at.

Every part of the world has low life and 'busted arse' folks, nowhere in Thailand is immune, nor anywhere else. Scum everywhere. Thankfully less of it here. I'd guess a general absence of hookers and 'sleight of wrist' massage parlours might have something to do with it.

Most people will be constrained by some kind of budget, regardless how big or small. That don't make the place or the people though. And maybe those with interests beyond bar-fines and rental company find plenty that attracts in CM, or indeed CR.

As to being super cheap to buy and rent. You can find cheap anywhere. Even in BKK, Paris, London or KL. Palatial condo in Tottenham for rent anyone (that's Nawf Laandan yer know)? Cockroaches and druggie neighbours included, not optional. I'd be really interested to hear about where in Thailand is considered 'up market' and what makes it so. If it's that good we might consider giving up one of our places in BKK, Phuket, Malaysia or France and hot foot it there. I've covered most of Thailand in the last 30 years though. I must have missed out on this 'up market' paradise.

Guess we'll just get on with life, be satisfied with what's around and not be too judgemental about it :)

Edited by SooKee

>>Every part of the world has low life and 'busted arse' folks, nowhere in Thailand is immune, nor anywhere else. Scum everywhere. <<...........scum calling others scum ,purely based on the amount of cash they have .Its funny in a way .lol..You come across as rather pathetic T.B.H.

Edited by anto

Poster sounds like everyone needs to rush to Chiang Mai and buy a condo... then rent it out for profit.

I bet there are tons of empties...and only a few condo owners get positive gains...over and above their mortgages, condo fees, maintenance and management costs.

Here's your first mistake.

If you need a mortgage, to buy in Thailand.

Do not buy in Thailand. :)

How many foreign condo owners in CM do you think got out a mortgage to buy one? cheesy.gif

Here's your first mistake.

If you need a mortgage, to buy in Thailand.

Do not buy in Thailand. smile.png

How many foreign condo owners in CM do you think got out a mortgage to buy one? cheesy.gif

do you think every person buys condos with cash? lol.

or didn't you know many people come here with less that a million baht to slap down? Many people finance...that is how life works everywhere.

I am sure some single guys come here and slap a million or more on a condo..cash. Some of us married guys finance with the wife.

duhhhhhhhh

I am looking for 4-5000 baht condo with AC and balcony in CM , 6 months contract or more , someone mentioned near KSK, can anyone send me a link so I can find it online, names etc ? I am not familiar with the area , thanks.

I am looking for 4-5000 baht condo with AC and balcony in CM , 6 months contract or more , someone mentioned near KSK, can anyone send me a link so I can find it online, names etc ? I am not familiar with the area , thanks.

ahhh the guy who cheered and threw a party when the innocent Burmese were convicted. don't bother coming...

>>Every part of the world has low life and 'busted arse' folks, nowhere in Thailand is immune, nor anywhere else. Scum everywhere. <<...........scum calling others scum ,purely based on the amount of cash they have .Its funny in a way .lol..You come across as rather pathetic T.B.H.

OMG. Not getting the approval of some random TV anonymous poster. I'm gutted.

The single point out of context quote to me displays a rather pathetic grasp of English and basic comprehension skills - T.B.H.

I would explain. But can't be bothered to expend what would likely be wasted effort. Another one for the ignore list.

Edited by SooKee