First Time Posting , Need Some Solid Advice For A Nooby

hello all , this is my first time posting and I need some solid rock hard advice from you guys!

ok heres the situation:

I bought a round trip ticket in bangkok(6 month open ticket) to come visit my family in Chicago after working in thailand for some time now, and now Im about to come back to Thailand but now my airlines(JAL) is telling me that I need a visa or work permit to come back ,or a return ticket back to USA, also I dont have this because I left my previous job and my work permit expired on sep 30th. so ,

#1 Do I get the visa and pay like 50 bucks at the embassy?

#2 Take my chances and see if they let me on the flight?

#3 Will I have a problem at Ohare airport In USA, or the new thai airport in thailand?

#4 Is it easy to get a visa at the consulate? , last time I checked I need a school to sponsor me.....

#5 My only problem is having a problem that I dont want to have and being rejected at the airports and looking like a fool lol

please help me out guys and let me absorb your strength and wisdom so I can make a wise choice as of what to do, if I can save 50 bucks that would be great also LOL but in any case I want to be legal and have the validity at hand, 60-90 days is better then 30 days I assume, thanks for your time^-^

hello all , this is my first time posting and I need some solid rock hard advice from you guys!

ok heres the situation:

I bought a round trip ticket in bangkok(6 month open ticket) to come visit my family in Chicago after working in thailand for some time now, and now Im about to come back to Thailand but now my airlines(JAL) is telling me that I need a visa or work permit to come back ,or a return ticket back to USA, also I dont have this because I left my previous job and my work permit expired on sep 30th. so ,

#3 Will I have a problem at Ohare airport In USA, or the new thai airport in thailand?

#4 Is it easy to get a visa at the consulate? , last time I checked I need a school to sponsor me.....

#5 My only problem is having a problem that I dont want to have and being rejected at the airports and looking like a fool lol

please help me out guys and let me absorb your strength and wisdom so I can make a wise choice as of what to do, if I can save 50 bucks that would be great also LOL but in any case I want to be legal and have the validity at hand, 60-90 days is better then 30 days I assume, thanks for your time^-^

Get a visa. the Royal Thai Consulate-General Houston handle mail applications and are pretty laid back.

You will not have a problem at Thai immigration as they generally do not check whether you have a return ticket. However, you are likely to have a problem with the airline. Under Thai law they can be fined for carrying a passenger that does not meet Thai immigration requirements.

ok heres the situation:

Get a visa. the Royal Thai Consulate-General Houston handle mail applications and are pretty laid back.

The honorary consulate in denver is pretty useful too

ok cool guys thanks alot! last questions:

so what kind of visa should I apply for? ive heard of so many like "O" , "B" and such

is it a normal tourist visa? so the airline will turn a blind eye if i have one of those bad boys and i will be "technically legal" to board the plane right? (with no if,and's or but's)

at least what should I tell the thai embassy so they dont think im stupid lol thx again^^

ok cool guys thanks alot! last questions:

so what kind of visa should I apply for? ive heard of so many like "O" , "B" and such

is it a normal tourist visa? so the airline will turn a blind eye if i have one of those bad boys and i will be "technically legal" to board the plane right? (with no if,and's or but's)

at least what should I tell the thai embassy so they dont think im stupid lol thx again^^

A multiple entry Non-Immigrant O visa to study Thai culture.

VISA ISSUANCE FOR TEMPORARY RESIDENCE [ NON-IMMIGRANT "O-A" (LONG STAY)]

This type of visa will be issued to applicants aged 50 years or above wishing to take retreat in the Kingdom at least for the period of one year.

I. QUALIFICATION OF THE APPLICNAT

A foreign national whose age is 50 years or above (on the date of submitting the application).

Not being prohibited from entering the Kingdom under the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (A.D.1979).

Having no criminal record against the security of Thailand and the country of his/her nationality, or the country of his/her residence.

Having the nationality of or the residence in the country where his/her application is submitted.

Not having prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Drug Addiction, Elephantiasis and Third step of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535).

Not being allowed to work in Thailand.

II. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR VISA APPLICATION

A passport with validity not less than 18 months

Three copies of visa application form completely filled out.

Three passport-sized photos of the applicant taken within

the past six months.

A personal Data Form

A copy of bank statement showing a deposit at the amount equal to not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthy income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht.

#1 i aint 50 im 26 years old lol

and #2 I dont have 800,000 baht in da bank either so i guess im hurt!

any other suggetions?

wait that was O-A let me correct myself sorry lol

Upon expiry of the 'O' visa originally stamped into your passport, getting another NEW 'O' visa requires you leave Thailand and go to an Embassy or Consulate in another country. Seeking a new visa in countries bordering Thailand is usually not successful. Most folks return to their 'home' country for this new visa. With the advent of increased international security, the issue of visas is coming under increased scrutiny.

IMPORTANT. A multi-entry 'O' visa does NOT allow you to stay in Thailand for 1 year (a very common misunderstanding). It only allows you to VISIT Thailand multiple times WITHIN a 1 year period. Only a 'retirement extension', or a 'spousal support extension', allows you to STAY in Thailand for 1 year, and is only available in Thailand as an ADDITION to an 'O' visa.

A MULTI-ENTRY 'O' visa simply allows you to VISIT Thailand, for up to 90 days, AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WISH in 1 year. VERY DIFFERENT!

At the expiry date of EACH entry of a 'multi-entry' type you must leave Thailand. It is designed for a frequent traveller to Thailand, not a resident. You will find the date you must LEAVE Thailand stamped in your passport on arrival in Thailand, (probably next to the blue/white TM6 departure card stapled to a page).

You don't have to return to your 'home' country if you have this 'Multi-entry O' type of visa, you just need to 'leave' Thailand. Many folks make a day-trip to Cambodia (or any neighbouring country - Burma, Laos, Malaysia), thus activating another of the 'multi-entries' available with a 'multi-entry O' visa. Thriving 'Visa Run' businesses exist in many tourist areas, some in the Pattaya area give Expat Club members a discount.

One last point. Most 'O' visas are stamped to specifically exclude WORKING in Thailand without a 'work-permit'. There is no exception to this rule. A 'work-permit' is required to WORK in Thailand and may be available under special circumstances.

ok so with this I should be able to get one and be happy to enter and not get denied at the airport right? I called my airline and they dont know anything about what visa I need they just told me to go to the thai consulate so I guess If they ask me for a return ticket or visa I just show them the Multipule entry "O" visa right on my passport? consulate is closed now its sunday hopefully I can call them up on monday tommorow to ask what Ill need to get it.