Thailand executives claim they weren’t actually trading

webfact

Thailand Executives Claim They Weren’t Actually Trading
BY JACOB MASLOW

BANGKOK: -- It was recently reported the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) fined several leading executives for insider trading.

Sources are now revealing the shareholders and executives of five companies cited were not aware they were actually trading. Instead, representatives suggest they were holding recreational card games and other activities with co-workers and family members.

“We did not know the bingo chips were for real trades. Those cards looked different, but seemed harmless,” an unidentified CEO said.

Indeed there were playing cards that looked odd. Analysts said they could have symbols representing specific transactions to be played out. So far, nobody who has been cited has come forth to reveal what these mean.

Full story: https://ethailand.com/featured-news/satire/thailand-executives-claim-they-werent-actually-trading/1810/

-- eThailand 2016-03-21

"The executives nonetheless received hefty fines. According to SEC regulations, they were guilty of unfair trading practices. It was also revealed by the press some of these executives were part of the richest families in Thailand. Their lawyers argued that the execs were not aware playing bingo and cards was equal to unfair trading."

They aren't.

However insider dealing is.

you could not make it up

“We did not know the bingo chips were for real trades. Those cards looked different, but seemed harmless,”

from a CEO? playing Bingo?

"Indeed there were playing cards that looked odd"

ahhhh "Thainess"

It says the fines were ' hefty ' but no indication of actual figures so it could mean anything.

Those involved are supposedly members of some of the richest families in Thailand, aah well now that could say a lot !

“We did not know the bingo chips were for real trades. Those cards looked different, but seemed harmless,” an unidentified CEO said.

I guess this is an indictment against the relative IQ of Thai executives. facepalm.gif

My thoughts exactly.

It says the fines were ' hefty ' but no indication of actual figures so it could mean anything.

Those involved are supposedly members of some of the richest families in Thailand, aah well now that could say a lot !

You beat me to the punch, In most story's posted by media they give the amounts in fines paid and the names of those involved, but since these are some of the richest families (the good people) in Thailand, nothing.

I wonder just how long it will take for the powers that be when will they realize that the people of Thailand are sick of the rich and powerful getting away what ever they can because of their bank accounts and connections. case in point, 4 days it took the BIB to charge the luxury car importer of (reckless driving) even though there was video evidence of the incident...

After much very public criticism, the local bib removed from the case and other cops put on the job.

Even with the punitive fines imposed....which no doubt will be appealed.....they can still come up with a childing excuse.......to save face......

Crooks likely born to crooks.....and they continue the profession.....so completely pathetic!

Full link to the story. Bold was added by myself. It seems we are so used to the stupidity of excuses that we will believe anything in that category is true.

https://ethailand.com/featured-news/satire/thailand-executives-claim-they-werent-actually-trading/1810/

Phew! As you say, though, it's not that obviously satirical that we weren't ready to believe it!

(And annoying that TV posted this in the 'News' section without a disclaimer.)

Recreational card games? Throw them in jail as they did with the Pattaya card players! coffee1.gif

Slightly off topic - what finally did happen about the Pattaya card players? Anyone know?

Apparently it will be decided on the 29th of this month if the case actually will go to court. This was told to me by one of the "bridge villains".

Ahhh so! Attempt at humour. Very funny - I mean, very funny that you should attempt humour when you are hopeless at it. Right, Jacob? Oh, and Jacob, if this was meant to be an April Fool's joke, you might want to check the calendar. It's March -- SURPRISE! Haha - fooled ya! No, it's actually still February, OK?

Bye for now.