Pattaya to Ubon

Hel123

I'm thinking about driving from Pattaya to Ubon........

I've Googled the journey but thought it best to get some real feedback from anyone who's actually done this journey.

Is it realistic to drive there in one day or should I make an overnight stop and if so where would you recommend. ?

Cheers

H

It's most certainly doable in 1 day, but I wouldn't do it, there are many resorts along the way.

Google maps gives good directions, but I wouldn't (again personally) take the route through Bangkok.

There are 2 good routes

1st one, is via the 7 on to the 331 / 304 (through the "Korat" Mountains" and then on to the 24 towards Ubon

2nd one is via the 7 on to the 331 / 304 and then turn of to the 359 towards Wattana Nakhon and then straight up to the 24

Route 1

Google Maps Link: https://goo.gl/maps/n9tFtAEjYbk

Route 2

Google Maps Link: https://goo.gl/maps/6oy3UpiCRnH2

Edited by MJCM

One day (during daylight) is doable.

But as usual you need nerves of steel, starting in good condition after a good night of sleep.

Do you drive alone?

Absolutely only in daylight!

Currently this gives you about 12h time.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I've made the trip a couple of times during daylight. My preference is for route 2.

Lots of paper trucks on 24 can slow the journey down but its still quicker than going the last part via buriram surin.

I've done Ubon - Pattaya leaving late evening and driving through the night. It's doable but you need to be familiar or have someone who's familiar with the route.

Edited by Farma

I'm thinking about driving from Pattaya to Ubon........

I've Googled the journey but thought it best to get some real feedback from anyone who's actually done this journey.

Is it realistic to drive there in one day or should I make an overnight stop and if so where would you recommend. ?

Cheers

H

We did it 5 or 6 times already. Everytime we leave around 9am and arrive around 7pm. Yes you can do it in 1 day. We stop on average every 2-3 hours to relax for 10-15 minutes and when we arrive in the evening we are ok, not too tired. Hope it helps