Chiang Mai: No More Water Barrels on Pickups and No Pressure Guns

webfact

No More Water Barrels on Pickups and No Pressure Guns
by CityNews

-------------------------------1-1-682x4

CityNews – March 29th, Pawin Chamniprasart Governor of Chiang Mai, was the guest of honour at a meeting to find the way to reduce accidents during the Songkran period.

Pol. Maj. Gen. Montri Samboonyanon, Police Commissioner of the Province of Chiang Mai, said that during the Songkran period Chiang Mai will hold a campaign of happiness lasting seven days which aims to keep an eye on revellers’ behaviour.

The campaign asks people to dress appropriately and conservatively, respect monks, not act in provocative manners, refrain from drinking alcohol, as well as observe all traditions and follow the local behaviour.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/no-more-water-barrels-on-pickups-and-no-pressure-guns/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2016-03-31

heheheh Always someone who complains about water usage, so much water is wasted in other ways that songran is a drop in the bucket

Please elaborate on this ridiculous statement.

Most people blame it all on the farmers. I mean, what a waste, who needs food?

heheheh Always someone who complains about water usage, so much water is wasted in other ways that songran is a drop in the bucket

I think the heheheh part tells you the whole story on this guy. Just another DRIP in the bucket of life.

Easy to sort the drink problem ban alcohol sales all over and the little mama papa shops also ban anyone found with alcohol or having consumed it 10000 Baht instant fine then it will be happy days for a few people

Happy Songkran Every one. Hope some of you have fun and get to

use your super soakers with the others around you.

I had a blast two times in five years. Once in Chiang Mai and once

in Phuket. It was a great time and I still have good memories of

all the people having a fun time. Got their minds off of the

hum drum of life for a week.

Geezr

Your terse reply "ridicules" moe666's comment, while also not justifying your position. Where I am the comment is not as ridiculous as you might think. Perhaps a little emotive with the "drop in the bucket" part and not exactly something that can be quantified. But does that make it worthy of flame baiting with "ridiculous statement"? Read on for my attempt at "elaborating".

There has been no water in the pipes every day for the last couple of months (turned on for a while at night) for much of the village. The dam is empty and quite a bit of land wasn't farmed due to lack of water.

However.

The locals love to dig up any grass and burn any fallen leaves (along with plastic bottles) so that they can sweep their dirt clean every day. Then they have to water it to "keep the dust down", every day.

There are dozens within a couple of kms that will spend at least 30mins every morning with the hose at full to "wash the dust" off "their" piece of road. And more of this variety who do as much of the super highway as their hose will reach, every day.

An unknown number of public toilets (e.g. petrol stations) take all the bother out of having to fill the flush bucket by leaving all the taps running 24/7. Same for the urinals.

The hardware has a lovely fountain out the front. Recycle the water with a pump? Don't be silly, just run the hose all day and run the overflow into the drain.

Run the grey water pipe another 5m to the garden? Don't be silly, there is a hose with nice "clean" water for that.

If you want a reality check then have a look at the non intuitive amount of water that can be wasted over a year from a single leaking tap.

I have no figures for the water wastage or how much extra is used during Songkran. But the dramatic amount of waste for much of the year is painfully obvious even in an area under enforced water restrictions. If this is typical for much of Thailand then I'd not be too fast to dismiss moe666's comment.

Not looking for a flame war. But that comment fits with what I see every day.

Edited by AlphaSoiDog

"Pressure guns"?

That means all the plastic made-in-China squirt guns that are for sale. How will they stop that?

I strongly expect they mean the high pressure piston activated ones they make from blue pipe.. Those can really hit an eye..

But agreed its terribly worded, all water guns operate on a pressure principal..

"Pressure guns"?

That means all the plastic made-in-China squirt guns that are for sale. How will they stop that?

I strongly expect they mean the high pressure piston activated ones they make from blue pipe.. Those can really hit an eye..

But agreed its terribly worded, all water guns operate on a pressure principal..

Those pipe water guns have been outlawed for two years now. There were still hundreds of them being used around the moat last year...

"Pressure guns"?

Those pipe water guns have been outlawed for two years now. There were still hundreds of them being used around the moat last year...

Kind of why I just assumed it was re-stating it..

Takes a while to stick..

It seems that even in 1950 they enjoyed street fight...nothing new....

1950cmsongkran.jpg

1950-CM-Songkran-9.jpg1950-CM-Songkran-10.jpg

These are all Photoshoped. Everyone knows that drink, throw water, sexy-dress, sexy dance all fault of Westerner. Good Thai never do.

Edited by connda

Big C today, pump action water super soakers still on sale, backpack tank and pipe with pump action pressure delivery system still on sale.

Its like nobody listens to Lung Too.