Oxo Diet

marshbags

Taken from an article in the Daily Telegraph for the regular posters on loosing weight.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/global/main.jht...31/uoxo6001.xml

Man loses half his body weight on 'Oxo diet' By PA

Last Updated: 4:17pm GMT 31/10/2006

A man lost 16 stone in 14 months - on a diet of Oxo broth.

Stonemason Steve Kay was a massive 31 stone when, after his family raised serious concerns about his health, he decided to take drastic action.

In August last year, the 39-year-old stocked up on Oxo cubes, fresh fruit and vegetables and cut out his favourite pasties and cheese.

The diet saw the man mountain lose two feet from his waistline, shrinking from 60 inches to 36 inches.

The father of three, from St Breward, Cornwall, said he had never been worried about his health before.

"I'd have Oxo every breakfast and also Oxo drinks during the day because I found it would fill me up," he said. "Other than that, I'd have brown rice, fruit and vegetables and I'd do some exercise.

"My family are delighted. My wife Caroline was always more worried about my health than I was."

Mr Kay lost on average about 5lb a week on the diet and he said it has transformed his life.

He said: "I can do so much now that I couldn't before, it has made such a difference.

"I went on holiday recently and I was able to swim and take part in the funfair."

An Oxo spokesman said: "We congratulate him."

You could substitute a similar product available in Thailand in place of Oxo.

All the other stuff is easily available.

marshbags :o:D:D

Find the Cube in LOS.......................No Have... :D

This is why i added the following in my initial post.

You could substitute a similar product available in Thailand in place of Oxo.

All the other stuff is easily available.

marshbags

unquote

Oxo is a powdered meat product / extraction and there are products both locally and imported that are of a similar nature.

The Australian product Vegemite that many posters dribble over for one.

Knorr seasoning powder / cubes ( meat by products )

Marmite is another.

All are available in Thailand and in particular Knorr by Unileaver foods can be purchased cheaply everywhere. :o

Marshbags :D:D:D

Captain Scott took some to the Antartic and John Hunt up Everest but can you find them in LOS...mai meeee... :D

anyway here is this months recipe for..............

Summer Vegetable Risotto

Serves 4

Prep time: 10 minutes

Cooking time: 35 minutes

2 OXO vegetable stock cubes-or any other local CLONE that you might just find...... :D

125g/4 1/2 oz thin asparagus, cut into 3cm lengths

175g/6oz shelled fresh peas, or frozen

25g/1oz butter

1 tbsp olive oil

1 medium onion, finely chopped

1 clove garlic

300g/10z risotto rice

90ml/3 fl oz dry white wine

50g/2oz grated Parmesan cheese

5-8 mint leaves, chopped

small handful basil leaves, shredded

Bring a medium pan of water to the boil, add the asparagus and peas and boil for 2 minutes then drain and set aside.

Pour 1 litre of water into the pan and crumble in the vegetable stock cubes, allow to simmer gently.

In a large shallow pan heat the butter and oil then add the onion and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes until softened but not browned. Add the garlic and rice and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring until the rice begins to look translucent around the edges.

Pour in the wine which will bubble up and absorb into the rice quite quickly. Now add a ladleful of stock and continue to stir until all the liquid is absorbed into the rice.

Continue to add the stock, stirring into the rice for about 20 minutes until all the stock is used and the rice is just cooked. The consistency will be quite sloppy.

Stir in the vegetables and heat through about 2 minutes.

Fold in the cheese and seasoning if needed, cover the pan and stand for 3 minutes

Just before serving, fold in most of the herbs leaving a little to garnish the top. :D

and LOTS more..... :o

http://www.oxo.co.uk/recipes/recipe_view/112

2 OXO vegetable stock cubes-or any other local CLONE that you might just find......

Thanks for the support Rhinrada in relation to alternatives for anyone not in the know on whats available here in Thailand. :D

Here is an article with a bit more detail on the man in question if anyone fancies a go at it along with the benefits it provided.

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?art_id=...29&set_id=1

Oxo: The secret to losing weight

October 30 2006 at 12:23PM

A Cornwall man has lost 101kg in a year on a diet of Oxo cubes.

Stephen Kay, 39, swapped fry-ups, pies, pasties and pints of lager for three bowls of hot broth a day.

The dad-of-three, who is 1,89m, weighed 196 kg, reports the Daily Mirror.

He devised his own diet made up of Oxo stock cubes, topped up with fruit and vegetables.

Within 12 months he had slimmed down to 96kg and lost 60cm off his waist as his belt size shrank from 60 to 36.

Stonemason Stephen said: "I'd read all the weight loss magazines and watched all the TV programmes - but I hate salads.

"I remember my grandfather eating hot Oxo broth soaked up by wholemeal bread so I went for that."

Stephen decided to fight the fat after constant pestering from wife Caroline and children Gary, 21, Claire, 14 and Jack, 11.

Caroline makes her husband's filling broths three times a day using two stock cubes, hot water and pepper. She also gives him three slices of wholemeal bread.

The 42-year-old part-time cleaner said: "This diet has totally transformed him. He used to get tired easily and spend all his time on the sofa. Now he is out playing badminton." - Ananova.com

It ,s certainly a bit different and can be cooked up in basic and the more adventurous ways as provided.

It must be good as he,s a stonemason and it requires much strength and energy to do this job as we all know, it,s amazingly simple and nourishing at the same time.

marshbags :o:D:D

P.S.

If you live in Pattaya there is a bloke who advertises Oxo, Tea bags ect. ect. in the local rag, in fact he reckons he can provide most delicasies by demand.

Edited by marshbags

• 4 weeks later...