Electronics shop other than Amorn

cmth

Follow up question. I am also having trouble finding what I thought would be a simple thing. Solder Wick or de-soldering wire. We generally call it Solder Wick in the States. Any ideas?

They do sell solder pullers here, but they are cheap Chinese crap. Probably last a couple of weeks. I've seen them for 99 THB.

Follow up question. I am also having trouble finding what I thought would be a simple thing. Solder Wick or de-soldering wire. We generally call it Solder Wick in the States. Any ideas?

They do sell solder pullers here, but they are cheap Chinese crap. Probably last a couple of weeks. I've seen them for 99 THB.

I have a de-soldering pump, but it doesn't work for everything I do. My next adventure will be finding replacement tips for my Weller.

Poly has it. Ask for "stah-rrapp" Print off a copy of an add showing what it looks like too.

Poly had it as well as tips for my Weller. The largest solder wick he had was 2 mm. I normally use 3 or 4 mm but I can get by with this. The tips seem OK so far but only time will tell. Out of the shops I've been to in Chiang Mai, it would seem Poly has the best selection. I haven't asked for special order on anything but other than just a couple of items, I was able to get what I needed there.

Thanks for the RS Components tip. I ordered the Arduino board from them.

For those interested I will be hooking the Arduino board up to a Nova Fitness SDS011 PM2.5 and PM10 air particle sensor.

Grin

Thanks for the RS Components tip. I ordered the Arduino board from them.

For those interested I will be hooking the Arduino board up to a Nova Fitness SDS011 PM2.5 and PM10 air particle sensor.

Grin

RS is who I ordered the other parts from. Didn't take too long to get and the prices were decent. I will probably use them for the hard to find stuff.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, CrashTestDummy said:

I'm also in search of an electronics shop and just found this thread. Can someone share a Google Map pin/coords for Kitti Electronics? Thanks.

Seriously, don't bother. All will lead to disappointment. Just go to Ban Mor Electronics Market when you are in Bangkok. Buy what you need, and make contacts so that you can order in the future and the sellers will post to you in C.M.

I was just there last week - for about the 15th time. Amazing place.

2 hours ago, elektrified said:

Seriously, don't bother. All will lead to disappointment. Just go to Ban Mor Electronics Market when you are in Bangkok. Buy what you need, and make contacts so that you can order in the future and the sellers will post to you in C.M.

I was just there last week - for about the 15th time. Amazing place.

I have no intention of going to Bangkok any time soon. I'll keep this in mind next time I'm there. There certainly must be some reasonably option here in CM. I'm an absolute beginner just looking to tinker a bit. I don't need anything particularly high-quality or esoteric. 

7 hours ago, CrashTestDummy said:

I'm also in search of an electronics shop and just found this thread. Can someone share a Google Map pin/coords for Kitti Electronics? Thanks.

It is on Chang Phuak behind Tanin Market.  Going North on Chang Phuak, it is on the left side.  It is on the corner of the street that leads to the Lotus Hotel.  Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, just_Elaine said:

It is on Chang Phuak behind Tanin Market.  Going North on Chang Phuak, it is on the left side.  It is on the corner of the street that leads to the Lotus Hotel.  Hope this helps.

I'm totally unfamiliar with that area. "Tanin Market" and "Lotus Hotel" don't show up on Google searches. So my scope still remains "somewhere on west side of Chang Phuak." 

2 hours ago, CrashTestDummy said:

I'm totally unfamiliar with that area. "Tanin Market" and "Lotus Hotel" don't show up on Google searches. So my scope still remains "somewhere on west side of Chang Phuak." 

Talaat Thanin I believe is called Talaat Siriwattana on google maps. I can't get my google maps to open at the moment for some odd reason. It's quite simple, Kitti is on the left side of Thannon Chang Phuek as you are driving away from the moat. I think it's one soi past the entrance to Talaat Thanin right there on the corner. They don't have much there anymore. But you may find something.

4 hours ago, just_Elaine said:

Thanks electrified.  I never can remember the other name for that market.

Lotus Hotel's website says they are on Wiang Bua so Kitti is on Chang Phuak and Wiang Bua.

Thanks. Found it: https://www.google.co.th/maps/@18.8055131,98.9852604,3a,75y,240.68h,77.03t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sSQXqSZMtsMyNME-wgeHAxg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

On 5/8/2016 at 4:58 PM, NancyL said:

I'm curious, what exactly are you guys making with all this stuff?

I'm modifying an old Delorean into a time travel machine but I'm having a difficult time locating that flux capacitor I need to complete the project....  :gigglem: