thai requirements for a condo pool/ safety water testing?

rodknock

are there any Thai. laws or requirements to the maintenance requirements of the pool water, cl-ph??

i test the water at the condo where i live and it does not register on the tester, yet they allow people to use the pool.

there is a posted sign on the wall and it states pool closed. the management does not post any signs to warn people and allows people to use the pool.

the pool is full of dirt. i have sent emails to the condo management.

many times the water is so cloudy you can not see the bottom of the pool.

this has been going on for months.

any ideas or help???

There are regulations but no official body checks pools in condos. My condo pool water is changed 2 weekly or near, and its get cloudy by the end of the second week. I knew some pools in Bangkok that were filthy and water filtered/ changed whenever the management felt like doing it!

Would approach building manager, requesting the pool be tested & cleaned & if that fails,

If renting, ask your landlord to ether approach the Manager or contact a member of the building Committee to seek to have regular (weekly) testing & cleaning.

If own Condo, contact building Committee member & seek action as above.

If renting or buying, always check overall building condition to ensure it is well maintained & facilities are in good condition.

There are two pools at my Condo & they are tested, cleaned & chemicals added on weekly basis, use a pool cleaning Co.

Edited by eggers

Condo committees are not as poor as they claim. Unfortunately the one area they don't like to spend money on is the pool. Generally most condo pools were correctly built and have adequate equipment, but if left without regular attention to the water chemistry and regular care of the pumps, filters, lights, and other ancilliary equipment, things will soon go wrong resulting in costly repairs.

What usually works best is if the condo owners would refuse to pay their house maintenance contributions until the pool is fixed. Unfortunately that is not as easy as it sounds because the majority of owners in a condo building don't use the pool, and many of them are absent when decisions need to be made.

Most condos (of the kind you live in) are in areas that are servedby a plethora of pool 'experts' just waiting for a contract for regular pool maintenance. It's really not expensive.

I would be extremely concerned If I lived in a condo and the water was tested on a weekly basis,the minimum should be daily. Gives you a chance to be proactive if a problem should happen.

Though we are not in the west, the criteria for testing public pools in the UK. ie any pool that is not in your own garden.

Every two hours if if the pool has automatic dosing and every fifteen to thirty minutes if not!!!!

Pool filtration in Thailand is accomplished by use of charcoal filters, just like in fresh water aquariums.

No EXPENSIVE chlorine or other chemicals used here! If it's good enough for your aquarium fish, maybe it's good enough for us(?). Just pray they are cleaning the filters & refresing the charcoal often.

Charcoal is only used to remove ozone when that type of treatment is used and also to remove combined chlorine,Sand is the most used filtration media in any country in the world (the best is Leighton buzzard sand from the Uk it is even exported to Saudi!!!!)

Crushed glass is also becoming popular .

I really don't how they keep on top of water chemistry here. I had two pools at both my houses in Canada and you had test the water often and vacuum every week. Once it gets a way from you its a pain to get it back to normal. I accully looked forward to fall to cover it up for winter.

I don't ever want a pool again. Nice to look at and cool down in but a pain in the ass to mantain.

Sand is indeed the most used, It is also the least effective filter material and therefore the cheapest (until you pay to transport it). It is unlikely that pool firms in Thailand will start importing sand from Leighton Buzzard. Sand lags far behind all other recent filter media for water treatment.

Recycled bottle glass is really only an expensive profit-maker and is only marginally better than proper washed and graded silica sand, and its weight for transportation, like sand, kills off any other advantages it might have had in spite of the advertising that will try to convince you otherwise. Indeed, sand is nothing more than naturally occurring glass - but with a lot of other stuff in it one doesn't really want.

Most modern pool owners fill their filters nowadays with zeolite which even surpasses D.E. which was the best known filter material for 1,000s of years and known to the Romans.

Edited by SwimmingPoolsThailand

Pool filtration in Thailand is accomplished by use of charcoal filters, just like in fresh water aquariums.

No EXPENSIVE chlorine or other chemicals used here! If it's good enough for your aquarium fish, maybe it's good enough for us(?). Just pray they are cleaning the filters & refresing the charcoal often.

Absolute rubbish.

SamuiSteve seems to be laughably misinformed? I thought that many Thai pools were characterised by using too much CHEAP chlorine and I had never heard of charcoal being used as a filter medium; perhaps the last statement is uninformed on my part?